This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
» In the End
Open The Pinnacle 
Hope
Currently championing:
Bathed in the blue light, the creature slumbered. On, and on, for it had slumbered for what felt like an eternity. She had hibernated back before anything happened, before even Kisamoa existed. She had been alive, hidden, kept safe deep within the large mountain, and she hadn’t even realized it. She was young, so very young when she fell into her slumber. She didn’t know that she’d grow as she woke – she didn’t even know if she could wake.

All she knew was that now, in this moment, there was a glimmering pleasantness outside the Pinnacle’s crevice. There was the steady beat of music that carried on the winds, the beautiful harmonies that soothed her nervous soul. When was the last time she had set eyes on the Rift? It had been far too long – it had been when the Helovian Gods took the lands out from under the Rift’s own gods (or was it before, before they grew greedy and she was hidden away from their prying eyes). She could not remember.

One foot pressed on the hard earth, lifting her tired aching body. She needed to see what the world was like, what all she had missed. She needed to see that there was something worth saving from the greedy gods. But what she wasn’t expecting, was that there wouldn’t be any of them left. Her bright, glowing white eyes opened, taking in her surroundings from within the mountain. A beautiful warm orb of light spiraled own in a warm embrace, as if the Rift collectively sighed and it, too, was thankful for her return.

She hadn’t noticed that before she woke, with each and every place the inhabitants had restored hope, each tine on her massive antlers had ignited in that pale white flame. When the final piece of the puzzle had ignited, that was the time she woke. The Matron’s hunch was correct. There was something good sleeping within the Pinnacle, something the Rift hadn’t seen in years. Something the darkness and terrible parts of the Rift needed to see once more.

One foot after another, shaky at first but growing stronger with each pulse of the music and the glitter reflecting outside, Hope moved further out of the Pinnacle’s cracked center, the blue light leaking out and silhouetting her orange fur covered body. She was tall, graceful, and despite having slept for years, still adjusting to her new larger grown body. She was lithe and leaked of a power different from the darkness of Kisamoa. For it was what she gathered her name sake, she leaked of happiness, joy, and hope.

Then, suddenly, she was moving past the arch of the blue leaking light, surveying the world around her with her bright glowing and smoking eyes. She moved out of the opening to stand before the group, just over the Matron’s shoulder, lowering her head and greeting the large creature with a flawless dip of her head and a brilliant smile crossing her features. The music continued to swell around her as she looked to everyone and their beautifully glimmering bodies moving with the music. And with a voice she had yet to hear, one deepened with age and powerful (much like the opposite of Kisamoa’s own dark booming voice) she addressed them.

”Thank you. You have awakened me – I have slept for quite a long time and am afraid I was blind to what has happened to this land during that time.” She began, her head lifting tall as the hope lights darted around her antlers, smoking much like the tines on her head. ”You might already know who I am, but if you do not, I am Hope.” Her voice was calm and gentle, like a mother’s soothing lullaby as she looked through the group as though she could see all the darkness in the Rift just by her gaze. ”Together, we will fix what has been broken. Together.” She announced, landing her gaze straight on Kisamoa with a soft smile, as though she knew what he was made of.

”I would like to meet you in Halyven for the first step of fixing things. Though – do take your time, I wish to see what I have missed. In the meantime,” she paused, lifting her head and letting her antlers pulse as she inhaled deep and strong, exhaling a gentle breeze across the crevice they had all gathered in. ”There are some things that you might wish to explore, now, too.” She offered them, remaining strong and tall if anyone had questions or simply wished to look. She was here to enjoy the party, now, as much as any of them were. And if any of them had been worried at not seeing results from spreading the hope, perhaps she were a beacon in itself.

“Talk.”
HOPE
changes everything
HOPE CHANGES EVERYTHING
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
The Matron was incredibly pleased when everyone followed her, coated in that brilliant glimmering glitter. After her speech and everyone had gathered, she found a few pairs dancing, others somewhat participating without going all out with the dance. She didn’t blame them for their apprehension. Typically happiness didn’t last long in the Rift, and the hunch that brought the Matron to them to have them spread hope, hoped that it would change the Rift in a greater way. After she observed the party for a few moments, she glanced over her shoulder to the mouth of the Pinnacle.

She wasn’t sure why, but every time she came here she felt like something good was inside, and she wondered what it would take to get out – and of course, if her hunch was correct. As if in answer, a silhouette appeared, and a beautifully large deer stepped out. The hopelights bobbed and swarmed the creature, as if they, too, were happy of her return. The Matron inhaled deeply, thankful that it had worked, but still uncertain as to what this new powerful being would do.

As if in answer to that, too, the deer began to speak. Her name was Hope and the Matron felt that darkness in her chest shrink at the size and power that the creature seeped. It was like she was staring at the opposite of Kisamoa, despite his good intentions. This creature seemed as though everything she’d do was good. And so, she dipped her head to Hope, a glimmer of happiness and joy brightening her eyes. "You’re here." The Matron breathed, as if that were answer in itself.

Now that Hope is here, this thread is free for all! No posting order or anything, just have fun :D Party and ask Hope or the Matron questions, and go ahead and explore the North to your hearts content <3
» Presence of the Rift «

Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
Kiada
She listened intently despite the pull of the music when Rixen said her name. Her ice-hued eyes landing on him and softening as she dipped her head briefly as though she were bowing in greeting. She offered him a wide smile as he told her she was covered in glitter. A small giggle escaped her lips at the description and she managed to make a surprised face, turning it here and there to survey herself as though she had no idea – the reflection of the glitter causing little flickerings of light to cascade over the blue and white stallion she stood before. “Oh.” She admitted, turning her gaze back onto him with childish glee. “Well, would you look at that.” Kiada added quietly with a wink in his direction before another small giggle escaped her.

But then, she listened as she danced, waiting to see if he’d accept her offer. Her eyes opened to find his own head tilted slightly and a smile on his lips. “It would be an honor to dance with you.” He began, and she felt her heart flutter with the acceptance. However, she listened as he mentioned he wasn’t the best dancer and Kiada flashed him a roguish grin. “You don’t have to be good to dance. Just let the music do the work for you!” She added, moving a bit more wildly but still graceful and lithe, as though she were ink spreading in water.

Soon enough, she found her movements landing beside Rixen, perhaps close enough her gilded hide would touch his own sea-hued body should the stallion allow, before there was a shadow in the Pinnacle’s heart. Her eyes were immediately drawn to it, her breathing pausing as she took in the huge creature that emerged. But there was nothing terrifying about her at all. She approached calm and peaceful and Kiada found herself glancing over at Kisamoa to see what his reaction might be.

Then, Hope was speaking to them, telling them to convene in Halyven to begin their trek to fixing the world, and she bobbed her glittery dark head in acknowledgement. A soft breeze blew through the crevice too, fluttering her forelock for a brief moment before it was gone too, and it felt as though stress had been relieved from her shoulders. She sighed in happiness before glancing over to Rixen with a small smile. “I guess this is what spreading the hope has done.” She offered him with a smile.

"Talk."
there is something moon soaked and dawn flavoured about her.
something kissed by the wild and loved by lightning
image | coding

Mentions @Rixen! <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Kyros the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
He pranced along behind Kiada leaving space between himself the older couple. He didn't want to intrude on anything that they might be talking about. Once they entered the party he stopped and looked around. He didn't know a single face in the whole lot of equines. His ears drooped and he took a step back thinking about leaving. He made himself stop focused on the hope he had just helped bring the Mangrove trees. Black eyes closed slowly and he focused on his breathing listening to the music, trying to lose himself in it. He wasn't sure how long he stayed that way, but next thing he knew a strange voice was ringing through the clearing.

Silver dotted eyes flew up curiously and instantly fell on the golden deer like creature. He found himself walking briskly forward intent on a closer view. When he stood as close to her as he dared get he gawked. He could almost hear his father screaming at him to stop being so rude. He dropped quickly to his knee muzzle brushing the ground. After a few breaths he stood and looked up into her beautiful face. "In restoring Hope to the Rift it has also been awaken in me." His young voice quivered with his raw emotions as she gazed up at her for a moment longer. "Thank you Mistress Hope." He smiled brightly at her before dipping his head and turning to join the party.
------------------
talk
Words;; 243
Kyros

I am a child of the moon
Born of the sun
{Image: GXaleou.png}{Image: 7fHJvV8.png} 
Seiji the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Caevoc

He isn't alone for long. Someone approaches out of the crowd: earth tones and feathers, eyes like the sea under a summer day. The boy looks young. Seiji watches him approach with quiet curiosity, and then with burgeoning amusement. Something gentle and bright blooms in Seiji's dark eyes; he answers the bow with a generous nod. He knows what it means, he thinks, though he's intrigued the boy doesn't speak. Shy, perhaps? Or the music is too loud? But Seiji doesn't mind. He falls into place at the boy's side, one eye craning only briefly toward the feathers crowning his spine. But now is not the time.

If he could, Seiji would probably say something reassuring. If he knows anything, he knows how to dance. He begins with graceful steps, following the boy's studious lead. A kind of graceful laughter bubbling through his expression. He doesn't touch the boy, though; he flinches very subtly when they do connect. Not disgust, but something else. Something learned, though bone-deep in his being. He hasn't a habit of touching his dance partners. He hasn't a habit of dancing with friendly young gentlemen, though. He tells himself this is like a game. It doesn't need to be perfect. Though he still keeps himself to himself. He is not a creature for physical contact when it isn't necessary.

Something drags his attention away, though, and gradually, the steps of his dancing slow. His head comes up; he blinks at the creature now emerging from the blue light. A stag? White flames bobbing at the tines of its antlers. Seij's body falls perfectly still, full of the knowing he looks upon a god, or something like it. He seems far away then, his body present but his mind retreating within. Reflected in his eyes are the shape of those antlers. His ears cupped forward.

He remains still a moment when she's done talking. The sensation of something monumental occurring. You ought to be happy for them, he thinks, but frustration rises in him like a drowning tide. He wants to approach the great deer and demand of her she return what he lost, but he can't even speak to make such a demand. And he doesn't want to destroy the happiness of those he's come to know, those familiar faces mingling in the crowd. They aren't responsible. He won't ruin their party.

He has a surplus of energy burning in him, though. He wants to run. He wants .... to do something. One dark eye shifts toward the boy at his side (if indeed the boy hasn't wandered off). And if he is still there, Seiji's long neck snakes out to nudge a little too hard at his neck, a little playfully. And now he'll dart away, beginning a different, livelier dance. He finds he hopes the boy follows, though Seiji himself is probably too old for such games. Would probably be reprimanded if he were back home. He doesn't care. He'll find a new partner if the boy is gone; he'll find something to with his body until he can begin searching again.

img by Tildae @ flickr

@Vynter
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
Slumber.  That's what it had felt like to Taivas, as well.

The shaman had been awake, though it seemed like a distant sort of wakefulness for her.  After restoring hope to the Pinnacle, she had been traveling back to report to the Matron her success.  However, the painted girl never made it to the watchful guardian of Uwaritace.  Instead, whether by fate or odd circumstance, a twist of reality pulled the girl's world from under her hooves.

A great darkness enveloped her then; a mist which touched her skin and left her clammy and cold, where the Rift had been baking in the heat of the sun.  The world was dark, empty, with glimmering sand under her hooves, reflecting the light dimly glowing from her pelt.  How long she walked in this realm detached from time and space, she was uncertain.  Days ceased to exist in a sea of endless nights, and no matter the distance traveled, nothing could be seen ahead.

Just black.
Shadow.
Loneliness.

She had fallen, a shooting star, into some crevice or crack in the reality of the Rift.
Then, after what felt a lifetime, the sound of rain on stone.

Water poured over the Rift, creating ravines in the loose packed sand, splashing mud on the legs of Taivas, who was more shocked to feel sensations other than chill and lonesomeness.  However, the rain falling from the sky did not reach her skin, protected by the gift of the Matron.  Instead, Taivas paints her own face with tears of relief, sighing into the open air when she hears it.

Music.  Laughter.  Joy.

Her eyes scan the horizon to see shadows and silhouettes in the gleaming blue light of the Pinnacle, and without thought, the girl spreads her wings and soars easily over the flat desert lands to the mountain.  She lands in the back of the crowd, attention drawn to the lithe figure arising from the pallid blue light.  Instead of the Protector, who she expected, this creature is unfamiliar, but the sight of her golden pelt fills the shaman's heart with joy.  A light, breezy feeling that sends her head reeling for a moment.

Hope, she hears the gleaming figure introduce herself.

Shock.
Awe.
Wonder.

And then, guilt.

How much had been accomplished in her absence?  What had she missed?  Scanning the crowd, her eyes hungrily search for familiar faces.  She feels relief at the sight of the gentle giant, Roscorro; she recognizes Rixen and Kiada, as well as the stallion with mechanical wings from her last visit to the Pinnacle.  Her heart sinks slightly when she realizes Waker is not here and wonders if he finally managed to escape the Rift and return home.

Quietly, she walks toward Roscorro's side, a dainty sliver of moonlight and stardust compared to his massive figure.  "Well met, friend," she greets him with a wane smile, despite all the merriment in the air around them.
So seize the day 'Cause you have come so far
Watched a million frowns turn into smiles
Lost all track of time Felt the energy of a million stars
You'll feel love again after the rain
Taivas

[ ooc - Walks over to greet @Roscorro ]
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N
"I don’t? Then try not to laugh too hard." Shouting above the music with a lopsided half-grin, I moved beside Kiada, who seemed to be dancing rather fluidly compared to myself. Like she was transformed by the music, flowing in graceful patterns, body in constant motion, painting a picture to pair with the sound. My emerald gaze scanned the glitter-decorated mare with a certain subtlety, trying to watch her movements so that I could attempt to copy them. As time passed, it no longer mattered how silly I might've looked. Never had I imagined that dance could be so exhilarating, but as upon moving rhythmically to the music, it turned out that I was enjoying myself, and having Kiada beside me made the party all the better. At a certain point, we were so close together that our pelts brushed gently together, causing a tingling electric current to course through the skin beneath. 

Then something strange happened. A large figure appeared at the entrance of the Pinnacle’s mouth, illuminated by the stream of bluish light. The crowd fell silent in a mixture of shock and awe, all eyes turning in the direction of the unexpected guest. When she had stepped into the clearing, I could make out a deerlike creature who was looking out upon all of us with a wide smile. Orbs of hope, similar to the one Otem gave me, danced around her head in a glowing halo. The music continued on as the strange creature came to a halt behind the Matron, greeting her with a dip of her antlered head. The Matron seemed to know who she was, almost like she’d been expecting her. Unlike the many other Riftian creatures who were more menacing in appearance, she looked friendly, even pleased, and she introduced herself as “Hope.” Was Hope some sort of god too? Glancing at Kisamoa, who was also here, I noted that Hope couldn’t possibly be any more different. 

Overcome with an immediate sense of respect for the stranger, I dipped my own vine-covered antlers in greeting. Ears pricked forward, I listened with great interest as she spoke of her deep slumber, and of how she planned to help us heal the Rift together. When she suggested a meeting in Halyven, the same place we’d already decided to congregate every moon or so, I perked up. It had been a while since I’d visited the place, and I was eager to visit it again. Perhaps, if the wait was too long, I’d have to go there before the meeting with Hope. Briefly, I contemplated asking about rebuilding the ruins, but decided against it. If the opportunity presented itself, I’d ask later, when everyone had gone back to their merrymaking. Before I could think about Halyven further, my attention was drawn back to Hope at her mention of new things we might want to explore. That could only mean one thing - new lands. Maybe Otem and I were onto something when we’d theorized that the orbs had something to do with breaking down the barrier just north of here. I’d just have to wait and see. Not for long, though, if it could be helped. 

After Hope indicated that she was done addressing us, Kiada turned to me again. "I guess this is what spreading the hope has done,” she observed with a happy smile, and I nodded in agreement. "I’m glad that the Rift is beginning to show signs of healing. If we continue to work together, in time I’m sure we will accomplish much more." I spoke with a contented sigh. "This is the happiest I have seen the Rift, and the horses in it. That in itself also makes me happy. Like everything was worth it."  

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits

@Kiada
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Currently championing: None
AURELIA
Everyone had gathered. She recognized Kiada, Rixen, Roscorro and Taivus. They were all doing their own things, be it partying or talking or simply just enjoying themselves. The dark, slimy looking figure that loomed amongst them, she assumed, was Kisamoa, the always-talked-about god. She wasn't sure what he was in charge of, but he seemed dark and ominous. In Helovia, the gods had always been so obvious. Earth God was built like a boulder, his body the color of soil and leaves. Sun God had been lanky and etheral, his body bathed in the most pristine cream-white she had ever seen. So on and so forth. The Matron had come, too. She was certain everytime she saw the Matron she'd think back to the sirens sinking their sharp teath in her tender ass. There was also a deer that seemed important for some reason- she had no idea why, joining the party too late.

And then she spotted him.

Not one horse at this gathering seemed to be displeased with it. Not one horse didn't engage with others or the divine (she assumes) beings before them. She even found herself feeling a touch happier in this new atmosphere. It was like some catastrophic darkness had been lifted from the Rift. No one looked meh about this. No one but Watcher.

A smile snakes its way onto her velvet lips and she moves towards the blue-detailed stallion. Coming up behind him (unless he moves away), she touches his shoulder with her snout. It was an adequate greeting for them. It wasn't as intimate as a lover's hello, but it wasn't the awkward nose-tap or head-dip that strangers do. Settling beside him, a smirk replacing the smile, she speaks: "Having a lot of fun, I see."

to find your dreams
~
image || coding

@Ruwin stands with him + greets him c:
{Image: 1zxwow6.jpg}
Waker
Currently championing:
Somehow, you find yourself falling behind as the gathering heads towards the lonely Pinnacle. You're not sure why—it's not like they're moving at too brisk a pace, and between your own healing magic and the nap you had earlier, you don't feel too awful anymore. Your body is strong, lean, so perhaps it is your spirit that is tired.

The music is already filling the air when you're finally close enough to be washed in the pale blue light. Whatever the Matron has said was lost to you in the distance and the rhythmic beat. You stop on the edges, sweeping your gaze over the scene: a sea of bodies, moving like the tides, reflecting the Pinnacle's glow in the glitter painted on their hides.

Your mind is stuck thinking about space and stars, for the only thing you can think of is how they—we—are a galaxy, though, admittedly you've never seen a galaxy up close. You've only seen them as colorful, star-speckled streaks in a navy sky, and the deeper meaning of your sentiment lingers somewhere just beyond words.

Slowly, you curse yourself for arriving late. Mostly everyone has paired off or otherwise lost themselves in the music—even Kisamoa's tangled, oily tail is flicking to the beat, and though you briefly entertain the idea, you certainly don't have the nerve to ask a deity to dance with you.

So you settle for the one place where you've never minded being alone: the sky. The beat of your wings is lost in the sound of the music, your shadow cast somewhere far away. You circle a couple of times, working up the warmth and limberness needed, before settling into a series of patterns and aerial feats.

You notice the shift in the atmosphere, but you can't tell how long it's been. Sweating and slightly winded you land up on the side of the Pinnacle, watching from above as—a deer steps out of the crevice. The Hopelights swarm around it, lighting its tines, and you feel something you can't place. A release, perhaps?

She speaks, her voice decidedly female, thanking you for waking her. She calls herself Hope, and you follow her gaze to Kisamoa. You know nothing of this place's past. You thought it had only one God.

Perhaps none of them are Gods.

You'd prefer if they weren't.

She asks you to gather in Halyven, while also leaving a cryptic message about exploration. From your vantage point you turn to peer north, but the light of the Pinnacle clouds your vision, and you cannot see very far at all. It is not that important, either; down below you see the sleek, black stranger dart in the crowd, but what catches your attention is the softly glowing Pegasus walking up to the dancing Dragon Man. Taivas!

A thousand questions bubble up inside your mind, and without hesitating you glide from your perch, eventually landing on the edges of the crowd again, working your way towards the pair. You offer them both a radiant smile, almost wide enough to bare your fangs, but only almost. It's a habit to never smile that wide. "Hi," you greet them both, warmly.
Valkyrie the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Caevoc
VALKYRIE
She stood in the storm

As had become the norm of late (not to be mistaken with a slump in haughty self-assurance), Valkyrie chose to flank the sparkling, glitter-slavered, unorthodox-looking entourage from a safe and secure distance.

It seemed that the dregs of the Rift were coming out of their shadowy lairs in droves - queer varieties of equid or not were encircling the hefty Loricatrunc - and the vain young Shieldmaiden felt rather like a rose among  them, the particularly unpleasant thorns, as she followed their comical trail. By now she was familiar with the Matron (for they hummed on about her incessantly like bees about the mother), her position above the rest at least, and the fact that they all viewed her with an obvious level of revere; cunningly she proffered to the Riftian the same, blending in despite the stark contrast between every aspect which possessed them.  

The journey into the north was not a particularly short or easy one. Though decidedly flat, the rain through recent months had turned the vast, golden desert surface into a slippery cesspool of sticky orange mud. In no time at all and much to the fastidious young horse’s disapproval, Valkyrie’s legs and lean white undercarriage had been stained the same colour. She hoped gravely that a lake like that of the summit lay at the end of their trek, and though her spirit quickly tired of the hassle it all seemed to be (despite the quest which had brought her into the Rift, she was hardly the seasoned traveller), she clung to the hope that something more sensible than glitter lay at the other end.

Not that she was opposed to the glitter after all: the Daughter of Sunnmōre was quite taken by the shimmer and sparkle of her body in even the dimmest of Drench’s murky lights. Insouciantly she continued, until at last they arrived beneath the northern spires, which on more than one occasion before had inspired her notice.

and when the wind did not blow her way,
she adjusted her sails.

img