This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
[SWP] line of sight
Open Uwaritace 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
It's said she's made of storm cells
and a wild wolf's hungry heart
She felt like she hadn’t stopped moving until they reached Uwaritace. It had taken awhile to get from the rainforest all the way to the tree at the top of what felt like the world, but she remembered the burnt charred markings into the tree that the Matrons had managed to fix up for the giving tree. It had been a nice relief then, but this time she knew walking in that there would be no magical snow to help alleviate the heat of Scorch. When she approached the tree, she noticed that it was back to how it had been – destroyed and charred, as though some massive fire had caused the downfall of the land. Suddenly Kiada felt a bit self conscious of her own fires, willing herself to not use them if she needed to. Such a dry land with the heat of the season made the world around her like tinder.

Quietly, she looked back to Rixen with a small smile, thankful that he had been one of the ones to accompany her to these tasks. “It didn’t sound like we had to fight anything here from what the Matron said. What do you think we’re supposed to do?” She asked him, valuing his input and thoughts on the matter at hand, wondering what direction he might think they should work with. Should they simply take their orbs and try throwing it at random places of Uwaritace, or was there a designated place to put the orbs? Would there be some sort of creature like the Siren to appear and try and take their lives if they were successful in placing the orbs? She didn’t know, but the thought made her a bit unease and on edge. So instead of dwelling in her own thoughts, she focused on the input from her antlered companion, hoping he might have an idea of where to start. There was just something about this land that felt wrong in a deeper, more historical part of her.

"Talk."
that she's learnt the lightning's secret—
to ripping darkened skies apart.
Kiada
image | coding

@Rixen hope you don't mind! <3 to preface Kiada's unease around Uwaritace, it was ripped from her father's homeland. She doesn't know any of the history to it, but she knows that it feels wrong in some deep ingrained part of her :)

Also tagging @Oizys if you want to join us Snow!

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Glacia the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Glacia

I have not ceased looking for Rowan since she disappeared. Tired eyes gaze from under the black locks, as they have scarcely seen rest since that day. I'm sure I look a wreck. Twigs and leaves lay tangled in my mane, usually groomed to perfection, and lines of salt dust my skin from the sweat... That and a glean from the substance itself. It's hard to find water. I envy Selene, as her white white reflects the heat better than my ebony coat. She is unusually puffed up as a breeze picks up and airs out between her feathers. A soft coo escapes her beak, and I'm tempted to shake the owl off in spite. 

"Rub it in, why don't you...."

A soft laugh echoes in our bond, and I continue onward's. I need rest soon, and a rather large tree ahead might just offer that.. My eyes drift tot he floating orb beside me. It would be more useful if it did anything else. But no. It just shined light and was hopeful and shit. It would be nice if it gave me some hope that Rowan wasn't in some monsters belly. I grimace and turn my gaze ahead of us. I stay like this for some time, in auto pilot until I reach the base. I am about to lay down by the weirdly comforting tree, but I hear a voice and hoofbeats. Carefully I make my way to the otherside of the tree, and peer at the pair. I don't know the stallion.. But the mare. I know her. Or rather her father. I think.

"You. Who are you? I know you."

My question is directed at the mare directly. It isn't demanding, {size=small}necessarily. But I do know her. I feel the shuffling of claws as Selene mozies up my neck to gaze at the pair rather lazily anyway. She had little interest in others who didn't pose a threat. I then notice their orbs as well. And I wonder... are they spreading the hope that the Watcher had mentioned?

"Talk."

Sorry <3 I think Glacia met Kiada? At some point between the WE and the AB she did

image | bckg
Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

I'd been to the place with the strange old tree, Unwaritace, before. It was where I'd first encountered that old grey mare who seemed like she'd lost her mind. Not that it was any surprise. She did not look like the sane sort, with those spiders weaving their webs about her neck and a crown of twigs atop her head like some sort of royal diadem. As we travelled to Unwaritace, I tried to recall everything about it that I could, but not much more than an image of a sad old tree came to mind. 

The tree appeared not to have seen a blossom in many years. Perhaps Unwaritace was beautiful once, but now the branches were snaggly and bare. Covered in dark scorch marks, presumably caused by a fire that ravaged the place. While everything else in the clearing seemed to have grown back with time, the tree remained scarred and bare, a reminder that not even the most beautiful thing like this tree could stand tall and beautiful and mighty forever. The fire always came at one point or another. 

Even admiring the tree from a distance still made me sad to see it in such a state. Yet there was something comforting about it that even the fiercest flames could not destroy. My glowing orb still floated steadily in the air beside my shoulder, as if awaiting my direction. Although, as I'd learned from my experience at the wall, an orb couldn't always be counted on to cooperate. Truthfully, I did not know any better than Kiada, the gilded mare who stood beside me, what the Matron expected us to do here. But when she asked, I thought it better to at least offer up some course of action, though not the most original of ideas, instead of shrugging my shoulders and saying I didn't have any idea how to proceed from here. I tried not to sound like I was grasping at straws. "You're probably right, I think the Matron would have warned us. Maybe we should take a look around and see what we can find. There has to be a clue somewhere."

As I finished speaking, an unfamiliar mare stepped out from behind the massive tree trunk. Her words were directed to Kiada, and Kiada alone, for I knew that she definitely did not know me. I did not know her. My memory was quite sharp, and I'd have remembered the obsidian-colored unicorn if I'd ever seen her before.  

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
Uwaritace stood tall and solemn—a silent reminder of greatness and the inevitable end of all things. A long time ago, she had fallen from grace, yet strangely enough, her spirit seemed unbroken. Her name still hung like a whisper in the shadows beneath her naked boughs, her trunk refused to crack and wither, though her bark had peeled away in many places.

Somewhere in her, life still seemed to exist, slow and seeping.

Something about her.. something about the carpet of Scorch-dry flowers surrounding her, the light filtering through her barren branches—it was uplifting, relieving almost, like coming home and finding that, despite everything you had been through, you still had a home. She radiated safety in a way that was difficult to define.

And yet, can any look upon her ruined body, and feel anything but sorrow at what has been done to her?

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
* New characters are always welcome to join the plot
* If you find the pace too high, let us know, and we'll slow down!
* Posts are encouraged to be 400 words or less.
» Presence of the Rift «

Explorer Kiada
Her ears flickered toward Rixen as he spoke, a smile blooming across her features as they contemplated what to do. “I agree.” She offered him, enjoying the fact that they could simply think about what to do and work with it together rather than being too stubborn and wanting to do it all by themselves. It was refreshing to have someone like Rixen to speak to and travel with, and she found his friendship points growing in her book every moment they spent together. She watched him briefly as he finished speaking before an unknown voice rung out to her - directly to her.

Turning her head to the source, she spotted a vaguely familiar mare – sometime when she was still a child, young and gangly and missing her sibling. It took her a moment, but she registered the mare, and another smile crossed her pink splattered lips. “I’m afraid I can’t remember your name, but I have seen you before.” She offered at first. She remembered the mare living in the World’s Edge – it would have been the time her father had ruled the land. So quietly, she dipped her head in greeting. “I am Kiada, daughter of Rexanna and Tembovu the Elephant King.” She added in, to add some hopefully recognizable names to the list of how this mare might know her.

This is Rixen, we’re here to help heal the land. Would you like to join us? We’re trying to take these –” She tilted her head back to gesture to the orbs of light that sat at both her and Rixen’s hip, – to help restore this part of the land.” She added in, gesturing with her inky head to the large tree the mare was standing behind. Then, Kiada looked to Rixen with a smile as if to say that perhaps the mare would need an orb, and if he wanted to share his own she’d work on finding a place to put the orb.

"Talk."
Kiada
image | coding

@Rixen @Glacia I think Glacia and Kiada were at herd meetings together but I can't recall if they ever officially met, so I just made it so she named her parent's xD Feel free to say you saw her in a meeting or something before, if you choose to go that route! <3 and Yoko, Kiada plans on searching for a place to put the orb and if you want Rixen can share his own orb with Glacia while she does so :o

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN

As Kiada introduced me to the stranger, I nodded in a wordless hello that somehow maintained the same amount of friendliness as speaking aloud. My verdant gaze shifting from Kiada to the black mare, noting that Kiada seemed to be hinting at something in the way she smiled. As I did so, I noticed that the mare did not have a glowing orb at her shoulder like Kiada and I did. That's what it was. She couldn’t help us to heal the land without one, could she? Up until now, I had not shared my piece of hope with anyone. That was because I hadn’t run into anyone without one, and also for the simple reason what I did not know how to ask it to divide. Unsure of what to do, a slight frown turned the corners of my lips, but it was tinged with thought kind of like the expression one made when trying to solve a perplexing riddle. 

But as I soon learned, one did not have to ask an orb to be shared. As if the tiny ball of while light had read my mind, it slowly began to pulse. I watched as it began to vibrate and expand and twist, in the same sort of way Otem’s had when she had given the hope to me. It divided like parting waters and then there were two orbs instead of one, both equal in size. "Here, take this. It will help you to heal the land." Gently, I nudged one orb in the mare’s direction. In response, the one sphere of bright white light floated toward her. The other remained behind, snug in its place at my shoulder.

"Talk."

img
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
Perhaps she's been lonely. After all, for years and years, she had been trapped in the darkness cloaking the western parts of the Rift, with nothing to keep her company. Stasis, of a sort, sleep that is somehow both sleep and death at the same time. Little had existed in the shadowy veil.

With every second you spent lingering near her, the feeling of being home, the hope that things will, in the end, be alright, swelled within. Her trunk, soot-stained and rough, began to seem lighter, as if reflecting the hope brought to it.

And as Rixen's orb split, to grant hope to yet another wanderer, a wave of profound relief—silent, invisible—rolled through the clearing. It left the flowers seeming less dead, the sun less bleak, the future less dark. It was as if the world around Uwaritace, and Uwaritace too, sighed, letting go of some deep tension or closely held fear.

You can't help but feel as if a burden has been lifted from your shoulders.

Hope has been restored to Uwaritace!

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
* New characters are always welcome to join the plot
* If you find the pace too high, let us know, and we'll slow down!
* Posts are encouraged to be 400 words or less.
» Presence of the Rift «

Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN

Strangely, when the other half of my orb reached Glacia’s side, the dreary air around us changed. Unwaritace, who had been lonely and sad, trunk bent slightly toward the ground like it had been drained of the will to stand upright, seemed to respond to the sharing of hope. 

The old tree almost glowed. I studied Unwaritace, noting there was something different about her ashen bark and mangled branches. Though there was not exactly a visible change in the clearing, hope had been restored. I just knew. The tree seemed to perk up and it was as if the hope had been shared with her, too. A warmth seemed to spread through my surroundings, softly touching my skin and caressing my long locks so that small strands were left dancing in its wake. "Did you feel that?" I asked the others, wanting to confirm that my intuition was true, and that it was safe to say we could make our way back to the beach. 

"Talk."

img

@Kiada @Glacia
Explorer Kiada
Honestly, Kiada didn’t pay much attention to the exchange between Rixen and Glacia. Instead, her attention was focused on the Tree and what part of it they might be able to heal with their orbs. At least this was a far safer alternative to the Forest Walkers who had nearly made Rixen and Kiada their evening meals. And while Kiada searched, Rixen’s orb offered to Glacia, began to utter a feeling of relief through the tightness in Kiada’s chest. Her eyes widened slightly, and she breathed in deeply, feeling as though her bones weren’t as heavy, as if a burden had been lifted from her shoulders.

Curiously, she turned her head toward Rixen, just as his lips parted to ask if they felt it too. Her lips shifted into a grin as she nodded, her inky head bobbing in agreement. “I did. Perhaps our job here is done.” She offered him cheerfully, glancing toward Glacia with a smile. “We should head back to the Matron. You’re welcome to come with us.” She offered to Glacia with a brilliant smile before looking back toward Rixen, her eyes glittering with happiness and relief.

"Talk."
Kiada
image | coding

@Glacia @Rixen :D

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Glacia the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

Glacia

I did know her. She admits to not knowing my name, but thats okay. I didn't remember hers either. "Kiada... I knew both of your parents. I am Glacia. My father was Mauja. I do remember that our fathers were rather close..." A tired sad smile lifts my lips. Another whom I accepted as lost. Mauja. I wasn't sure what else I expected. My eyes turned to the stallion as Kiada introduced him, and I nodded my head at him. "It is a pleasure to meet you Rixen. I hope you don't presume me rude."

Kiada then explains what they happened to be doing here. I want to sleep, but I suppose it would have to wait. "Ah. Thank you. But I happen to have one. Someone who called himself the watcher gave it to me." Kindly I smiled, before stepping further from the tree to reveal my own floating orb. "I had been wondering what to do with this..." I feel Selene stretch her wings and push off from my neck to land on the tree, deciding if I wasn't going to try and get rest, well then she was. The owl landed on a nearby rock, and that was that. But what happens next catches my attention before anything else has a chance to happen. The tree seems to come alive. My ears lift towards it. Something had certainly happened, and not only could you see it, but you could feel it in you're bones. It was renewing. "Is that what the hope does?" It was a self answering question, as I wasn't exactly asking.

Kiada's voice cuts smoothly through my stunned amazement, and I look to her. "I would love to join you... Selene. You can sleep while we move." The owl lifts her head to stare irately at me before flying to my withers and turning her back on my new companions. 
"Talk."

@Kiada @Rixen 

Sorry for the delay loves! I thought I had replied before I left!

image | bckg