This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
How I would have fought this
Trial Ennunyenda 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
Rixen
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions;
"Me either." The pegasus didn’t seem to have any answer, and I didn’t seem to care much that she didn’t, probably because of my intoxicated state. Perhaps it might have mattered to me more under normal circumstances, but instead, I found myself shrugging alongside Aurelia. We’d just have to forge ahead and find out. And that was exactly what we did. Not once did the thought of turning back even cross my mind, even though an eternity might pass before we came across anything or anyone of interest. 

Each step brought me further and further into the dark depths of this tunnel. It was really kind of an eerie place, completely silent aside from the sounds of our movements in the still air, quickly sucked into nothingness. Ennunyenda was as mysterious as any other place in the Rift, but I didn’t think I liked it as much, even if the opium-induced euphoria washed away most of my troubles. I’d rather have the bad parts of life than this false feeling of never ending happiness that clouded my ability to see or feel or properly think. Yet I was compelled to continue on and do as the Rift told me, even with this stranger by my side, because at this point my mind was so detached from my body that even if it tried to resist the will of my legs my efforts would be futile.

She mentioned that she hoped whatever we found was a source of light, and only a few words were spent to convey my agreement. "Light would make for a pleasant discovery." Come to think of it, I’d also be glad if we were to come across one. What if this cave had features that went unnoticed in the absence of light? My vision was impaired not only by the high, but by the darkness. Every now and then I would scrape against the rocky wall, sometimes with enough force to make skin tear. I was pretty sure that there was blood dripping down my left side, and if any pain accompanied the wound, it could hardly be felt. 

The walls had grown rather narrow, just enough for us to fit comfortably side by side. It was necessary to duck every now and then, as the concavity of the ceiling changed. Without any notice, Aurelia came to an abrupt halt. Before my mind registered what was happening, we collided shoulders, as there had hardly been any room between us in the first place. My reaction was delayed a few seconds, and arrived with a simple "Sorry." There was no substance behind the apology. Instead, a combination of surprise and instinct that prompted me to utter the word, after which I stepped forward a few steps. At the same time, Aurelia moved into a larger space in the rock that was not yet visible.

Then the tunnel became illuminated. It was the stranger, who had suddenly lit up in flames. At first I was confused, unsure whether or not she was actually on fire and needed saving. But she seemed comfortable and therefore the flames must not have been harmful. The glowing embers leaped and twirled in a fiery dance, twinkling like stars across the mare’s body. The air around us was no longer cold, albeit slightly smoky from the burning. I could see far better now, even though it was difficult to focus on certain things. "At least now we can see where we are going." I remarked, cranking my head around to see if there was anything of interest within view. The light bathed everything in a pleasant glow. Fire reminded me of someone else I knew, but I couldn’t recall her name or exactly what she looked like. After watching her blaze for a few moments, a lopsided smile appeared on my features. "It is nice. I’ve never seen someone become fire before. How do you do it?"

"TALK HERE"

@Aurelia
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-28-2018, 07:46 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 03-30-2018, 04:07 AM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-30-2018, 04:45 AM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 03-30-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-30-2018, 04:00 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 03-30-2018, 11:29 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-31-2018, 04:46 AM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 04-01-2018, 05:55 PM