This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
How I would have fought this
Trial Ennunyenda 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
Rixen
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions;
At first, I was unsure whether she was planning to go into the cave, or if she’d simply come here to admire it from afar. As if surprised, her gaze stretched wider, but there appeared not to be excessive thought or emotion behind them - only drugs. When she finally stepped forward, though, I was glad to see that the mare at last followed me. 

Consumed by the high and the strange Rift disease that had stolen my memories, my legs carried me forward, all the way up to the rocky entrance, and then they led me inside. It was dank and the only sounds were dripping water and my own echoing hoofsteps. Aurelia was not too far away, but i hardly noticed her as we travelled deeper and deeper into the tunnel. Here, where the air was heavy with opium, far more so than outside, I was vaguely aware of my body feeling warmer, and somewhat relaxed. At the same time, my thoughts my mind raced at speeds impossible to someone not under the influence of these Ennunyenda drugs. Strangely, my eyes felt almost, heavy. Not my eyelids, my eyes themselves. My vision became distorted in a very subtle but noticeable way, reduced, yet everything almost looked sort of fish-eyed and blurred out on the sides. Upon moving my antlered head to examine the rocky walls, my vision moved slower than I perceived my head moving, lagging behind. The world came to me in pictures. I wasn’t seeing the moving world, but rather everything was a collection of pictures spaced half a second apart. 

More than anything, I felt weird, in a way I’d never experienced before. It was kind of nice, actually, in the beginning. Like I was a child again, and everything was strange and I was discovering it all for the first time. 

All signs of life had temporarily vanished in the tunnels. The absence of light meant the absence of its sustaining touch. Beneath my hooves, the loose stones shifted, and combined with the impairments of the drugs, caused me to stumble every now and again, and the noise of those disturbed rocks reverberated off the dense stone walls. As we drew further into the cave, the sound of water dripping into water grew louder. Without fire to cast light into the black, however, there was no way to tell where the sound was coming from, or if there was a large body of water. There was no telling how deep it might or if my next step would take me into its frigid depths. If the water was deep enough, might I drown, too silly to save myself? This struck a new fear into me, heightened by the effects of the opium-rich air, but I made no mention of it. The sense of worry, put through a million amplifiers and distortion pedals, plagued my mind, but I was determined to continue forward, nodding in agreement when Aurelia suggested we do so.

Light, day, sun, even the moon held no sway or meaning in this place, where time seemed to stand still until we either turned around and retraced our steps or found a way out. Ahead, I could see that the tunnel twisted to the side, in a way that made it impossible to judge what lay beyond. Curiosity commanded my actions, and at last the sound of my voiced filled the tunnel."What do you think is ahead, just around that bend...how far does this go?" Wondering aloud as we walked, I was unaware that like Aurelia’s, my words were slurring together. They came out slowly, but this time their speed wasn’t due to consideration. 

"TALK HERE"

@Aurelia
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-28-2018, 07:46 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 03-30-2018, 04:07 AM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-30-2018, 04:45 AM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 03-30-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-30-2018, 04:00 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 03-30-2018, 11:29 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-31-2018, 04:46 AM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 04-01-2018, 05:55 PM