This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
On My Way
Open Mangrove Tidepools 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

"You think so?" An even wider smile slowly spread across my features at the thought that Kiada liked the idea. I hadn’t exactly expected such a positive response. Well, I didn’t really know what I expected her reaction to be, but the mare’s words reassured me that the idea was not so impractical after all. Maybe rebuilding the spires was not as farfetched of an idea as I initially thought. I could not help but feel a childish eagerness and great enthusiasm coursing through me. These feelings must have been obvious in my voice, however, I did not want to get too far ahead of myself and thus did my best to conceal the extent of my delight. 

I continued, "Provided she doesn't mind, then hearing what your mother has to say about Halyven would be incredibly useful. I’m undoubtedly interested in learning more about the spires from someone who was born there. Perhaps it will provide valuable insight as to how we could go about restoring them." I was certain that Kiada's mother would be able to help, if she was willing. Returning to Halyven must bring back unpleasant memories, pain at seeing someplace that was once your home lying in ruin. It was perfectly understandable if Kiada's mother did not want to talk much about them. Still, I hoped that she would also take a liking to the idea of rebuilding the spires and that she would answer my questions as readily as I asked them. 

The wind was beginning to pick up, whipping my monochrome tresses against my body and cranium. It carried the wistful scent of the ocean. A mess of my charred strands twisted and turned against each other, dancing in the erratic path of the wind. Despite creating the irritating presence of hair in my field of vision, the breeze felt refreshing beneath the heat of the sun. Some kind of seabird flew overhead, a flash of white feathers against the cloudless sky. It let out a shrill cry as it coasted on the balmy breeze. 

Although Kiada described the Green Labyrinth as dreary, that did not deter me from wanting to go there. So I was pleasantly surprised when she suggested that we go there sometime. I did not have to think much before my mouth was moving and sound flowing out in response. Again, I did my best to contain the ardor that rose within me. There was always the possibility that I might end up being disappointed. Although I doubted that would be the case, it was better that I kept my expectations low. That way I would be both awestruck and satisfied with most anyplace I went. "Your offer does not fail to entice me. It would be nice to explore a new part of the Rift, especially if it is as beautiful as you describe. I would not mind going to the Green Labyrinth with you, just to go there and see for myself, if it's no trouble." As I finished the sentence, my emerald gaze slowly searched for contact with the mare's blue ones, a half-smile parting my lips that conveyed only a fraction of the eagerness I felt.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
On My Way - by Rixen - 12-26-2017, 10:24 PM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-27-2017, 07:31 AM
RE: On My Way - by Rixen - 12-28-2017, 03:21 AM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-29-2017, 07:06 AM
RE: On My Way - by Rixen - 12-29-2017, 08:19 AM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-30-2017, 05:57 AM