This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
On My Way
Open Mangrove Tidepools 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

Halyven was a fitting name for the ruins. It was a beautiful name for a beautiful city. Or rather, what remained of a once beautiful city. Although I did not see the ruins as unpleasant or repulsive. Despite their decayed, destroyed state, I still saw Halyven as someplace beautiful, in a strange sort of way. "So the spires have a name..." I agreed with a small nod. Trying my best to explain my viewpoint, I added, "It does look like it was once something very beautiful. It still is, of course, but in a different sort of way. The spires, the remains of that ivory city serve to remind us that even the most beautiful things in this world must eventually come to a natural end at one time or another." I could talk on and on about the spires, and about how interesting I found them to be. Before I could stop myself, the words were flowing from my lips. There was a spark of excitement in my emerald eyes as I discussed the possibilities that the ruins held. "I suppose that is one reason why I find them so fascinating. When I look at the spires, I see the former glory of the city, and the pain of the destruction of something that once was. But in that there lies the groundwork for something that can come to be." One thing that I wanted to know more about, however, was the story behind the ruins. Though Kiada had just given me a brief overview of Halyven's past, that was only sparking the tiny flame within me that wanted to know more. But I was never an impatient stag, and I knew that in time I would learn the answers that I sought. The questions could go on all day. For now, I refrained from asking Kiada to elaborate. There was a good chance that she didn't know, considering the mare was not a native of this land. That, and I didn't want to nag her with too many questions. That was certainly a way to quickly get on someone's nerves. 

Time seemed to pass by so slowly. For a brief moment, I wondered how long we had been standing here talking, but no sooner had my thoughts begun to wander than they returned back to the subject of the spires (I wasn't kidding when I mentioned that I could talk about them forever and not get bored). My muse on the matter was never-ending. Hopefully, Kiada was just as interested about Halyven as I was, considering her familial connection. "One day something even more beautiful could come from those ruins. Aurelia and I were talking about it the last time I was there." Realizing my intentions were too vague, I added, "Rebuilding the spires, I mean." The words slipped from my lips before I could think. I simply couldn’t keep the idea in any longer. Besides, it was a task for more than two horses. Only with the help of many horses would accomplishment of such a feat be possible. It would do no harm to at least put the prospect of rebuilding the ruined spires out in the open. I knew full well that the first priority was to heal the Rift, and that rebuilding the spires was a project much farther down the line, but nevertheless I wanted to see if Kiada had a new perspective to offer. 

Though I wanted it to, discussion of Halyven could not go on forever. At last, my train of thought circled back around to Kiada's response. Returning her warm smile, I spoke once more. "I've never been to this Green Labyrinth that you speak of. What is it like?" At the name, my mind was filled with images of tall green trees. Perhaps they were shaped in a maze of some sort. I envisioned lush foliage in every direction. Then again, there was always the possibility that the Green Labyrinth was nothing like its name or what I imagined. All it took was Kiada's mention of the place and my mind was made up. The next opportunity that presented itself, and I would go there to see for myself. Ever since I was a child, mystery always drew me in. I could not resist the unknown, and this was both a strength and a weakness. In the face of the unknown, I did not panic; I did not cower in fear. Instead, I embraced it. I embraced the unknown with full force - with every fiber of my being.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
On My Way - by Rixen - 12-26-2017, 10:24 PM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-27-2017, 07:31 AM
RE: On My Way - by Rixen - 12-28-2017, 03:21 AM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-29-2017, 07:06 AM
RE: On My Way - by Rixen - 12-29-2017, 08:19 AM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-30-2017, 05:57 AM