This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
On My Way
Open Mangrove Tidepools 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

"I would imagine that they would not mind, considering they already live near so much water." I suggested, returning Kiada’s laughter upon listening to her remark. With my vine-covered antlers, I gestured in the direction of the vast ocean that stretched out before us, as far as the eye could see. As it was a sunny day, the sun’s rays reflected off of the waves, causing the water’s surface to shimmer and sparkle.

Never before had I realized how much I enjoyed the sea. As a foal, I had never spent much time near it. My herd had dwelled deep within the forest, and as you can imagine, there was no sea nearby. Travelling to the seaside was a day’s trip, and as such, the event was reserved for special occasions. In peaceful times, I was sure I might have gone once or twice, but I was very young then; too young to remember much more than splashing about in the water with my sister while my mother looked on. Of course, I remember enjoying the waves lapping at my ankles and the salty air, but as I was so young, that enjoyment could have been attributed to anything. At that age, I had not experienced the dangers the world held. Most anything I saw or did would have been new, exciting, and to the liking of a young colt such as myself. Now that I came to think of it, this Riftian sea was not too different from the one that I always remembered. 

Feeling a little nostalgic, I let my green gaze rest upon the expanse of water. My thoughts left the tidepools to reminisce about my childhood. How different my life was now, in a way that I never could have fathomed even in my wildest dreams. Coming to terms with my past was one of the biggest challenges I had faced in my life. It was one of the simplest and most difficult of all endeavors, one that seemed impossible until I was thrust into the Rift. It was then, as I lay on the damp, cold forest floor, that I knew I could not start my new life here without accepting where I had already been.

Without turning to look at the mare beside me, I spoke, "I’m sure that even if one was to be in their most attentive state, it would take a long while to understand how everything around here works. I hope to myself, one day, if it is even possible." The words flow from my lips as smoothly as brown velvet, "Healing the Rift is first and foremost, I suppose, although I have yet to find someone to share my orb with." My mind wandered to the underlying task at hand, and how I happened to notice that Kiada possessed an orb similar to mine. I wondered if she had any information to share on the matter.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
On My Way - by Rixen - 12-26-2017, 10:24 PM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-27-2017, 07:31 AM
RE: On My Way - by Rixen - 12-28-2017, 03:21 AM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-29-2017, 07:06 AM
RE: On My Way - by Rixen - 12-29-2017, 08:19 AM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-30-2017, 05:57 AM