This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
On My Way
Open Mangrove Tidepools 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

She appeared to strain to hear my returned greeting. I watched as the spotted unicorn stepped toward me, eying me a little cautiously at first. Which was completely understandable, because for all she knew I could be a threat. But I wasn’t. I was just Rixen, a newcomer who had been plopped in this land presumably like everyone else, a weary wanderer in search of a new life. The first step to that, of course, was to find others who could teach me about the Rift, and who I might eventually be able to call friends. 

Helovia. This mare was also from Helovia. Why was I not surprised? She spoke of Kisamoa, too. I had never seen him, but from what I had experienced his name was known and frequently spoken of across the land. "No." I reply, "Neither am I." Thus far, I had yet to meet a native Riftian, although I had been convinced that this mare was one. Even though she was not a native Riftian, with all of her stripes and spots, I thought she certainly could pass as one. There was a kindness to her that I immediately found myself drawn to. 

My gaze shifted from the mare to her bird, and I watched the winged beast circle above, searching for prey. They appeared to share a connection unlike anything I had ever seen before or that I imagined possible. Where I came from, there was no such thing as a horse having an animal companion. We simply could not talk to them, for they were animals and did not speak our language. Immediately, I was curious about how the whole thing worked, but I refrained from asking about it just yet. I had so many other questions to ask, and it was already difficult enough to choose just one. 

"I am Rixen." I gave Kiada my name with a friendly bob of my head. "It is a pleasure to meet you, and Khairi." I did my best to acknowledge the bird swooping about in the air above us. Although it felt rather awkward talking to a bird, I did so out of politeness. A brief gust of wind blew a large chunk of my upper mane into my face, and I tried to toss it out of my eyes as gracefully as I possibly could. Still, pieces of hair were left tangled among the vines in my antlers. I left them there, not wanting to make too much of a fuss. I continued, "I was just looking at the plants in these tidepools. They’re almost like entirely different worlds… much smaller ones." I observed, shooting her a kind and pleasant smile. Fortunately, she was closer to me now, so I did not have to raise my voice quite so much. Gesturing to a fluorescent plant, I inquired, "Do you know what they are?"

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits

@Kiada
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
On My Way - by Rixen - 12-26-2017, 10:24 PM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-27-2017, 07:31 AM
RE: On My Way - by Rixen - 12-28-2017, 03:21 AM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-29-2017, 07:06 AM
RE: On My Way - by Rixen - 12-29-2017, 08:19 AM