This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Vision of Hope
Open Halyven 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta

R I X E N

My emerald orbs searched the Aurelia's features for any signs of what she was thinking. Considering I had met her moments ago however, I was not able to read her body language as well as I would have liked. That left me to assume that she was equally interested in our conversation and its cause. "I don't know any native Riftians, but if we could find one, I'm sure they'd know something." I hadn't really thought about there being any natives to the Rift, although it did make perfect sense that there would be. Everything and everyone was so strange here, however, that I doubted it would be easy to distinguish a native from a non-native from appearance alone. 

The Rift did not appear to be home to any herds. It seemed...empty. Perhaps that was because it was a place of wanderers. Nobody here every seemed to settle down in one place, myself included. Since arriving in the Rift, I had been drifting aimlessly across the land, looking for a purpose. In sharing her orb with me, Otem had given me the task of spreading its light to heal the land. But I wondered now if this was possible in more ways than one. As evidenced by the crumbling spires, the Rift was in need of physical repair, too. I was willing to put forth my efforts in any way I could for the sake of what was now my home (and Aurelia's new home, and Otem's, and all weary wanderers').  

"Really?" I inquired, "I was planning on building the whole thing myself." Knowing full well that it was not a task for two horses alone, a playful laugh accompanied my sarcasm. Repairing the spires would take the effort and collaboration of a whole herd. Where we could find said herd was a mystery to me. Sure, it could be done. But Aurelia was right. Even with the help of many horses, reconstruction would take years. Eventually I nodded in agreement, "It's a task for a herd.

"Well, I'm no expert in spire-building, of course. I'd imagine that all of these stones around us would have to be sorted and gathered, then carefully stacked up so that each one fits snugly into the next. They would need to be cemented together with something. You know, so the whole thing doesn't come crashing down should the wind pick up." I explained my thoughts on the topic carefully, managing to sound assured despite not having the slightest idea what I was talking about. Without allowing my cluelessness to dampen my effort, I talked about how I thought we could go about rebuilding the spires. It was better to throw at least some idea into the open. Waiting to know exactly what I was doing before acting would not help me to get anything done. It would not help us to heal the Rift. Whether or not what I told Aurelia was realistic, it sounded like a solid plan in my head, and it was certainly better than no plan at all.  

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Vision of Hope - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 04:48 AM
RE: Vision of Hope - by Rixen - 12-24-2017, 09:48 AM
RE: Vision of Hope - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: Vision of Hope - by Rixen - 12-25-2017, 06:02 AM
RE: Vision of Hope - by Aurelia - 12-25-2017, 06:57 AM
RE: Vision of Hope - by Rixen - 12-25-2017, 08:16 PM