the Rift
Halyven Vision of Hope - Printable Version

+- the Rift (http://riftrpg.net)
+-- Forum: Archives (http://riftrpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Year 1174 (http://riftrpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+---- Forum: Completed (http://riftrpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=64)
+---- Thread: Halyven Vision of Hope (/showthread.php?tid=753)

Pages: 1 2

Vision of Hope - Aurelia - 12-24-2017

AURELIA

The gold-kissed mare flew about twenty feet above the ground, her enormous wings easily carrying her through the air. Her body sparkled, literally, as the sun beat down on her. There was minimal cloud coverage which allowed her locket to produce it's strongest results- bright, twinkling sparkles that lightly littered her baroque physique. Soaring through the sky, shining she looked like a day-time shooting star.

Her eyes had been focused on a mountain for quite some time. It wasn't necessarily the largest mountain, definitely no larger than Aurora Basin's mountains, but it had caught her eye so she had begun to fly towards it. Finally, she was drawing near. She noticed porcelain-like spires rising from the mountain like an immense dagger. The ground was covered in shabbles. It was the fallen city. There were large remnants of some buildings, and others were completely obliterated into fist-size rocks. These fallen structures where the phantoms of what the Rift was- but also a promise that there is hope. The Rift could be great again one day.

Angling her body towards the in-tact spire, she began circling it like a vulture circling its prey. She looking it up and down, analyzing the build and make of it. When she'd circled it about ten times and got to see every crack and crevice in the structure, her attitude began to drop. A rather flat, clear piece of land was available so Aurelia decided to land there. A moment and a thud later, Aurelia was no longer airborne. She began to trot, well more like prance, around the remnants, curiosity lacing every fiber of her being.

ooc; sorry it's short! im not always the best at opening posts :p

à la folie;
to madness
image | @Rixen | coding

RE: Vision of Hope - Rixen - 12-24-2017

R I X E N

I continued to wander the Rift. Sometimes I was sick of being alone, and other times, I did not mind. I was torn between my independence and my longing for companionship. On this particular day, which was in reality no different than any other day, I was meandering among the crumbling ivory spires, admiring their craftsmanship. A shadow that swept across the ground before my hooves caught the attention of my emerald eyes, breaking my chain of thought. It was too large to be a bird. Craning my neck to look up at the sky, I spotted what appeared to be a silver pegasus circling above. 

The figure made one last circle before spiraling down. I stood a little distance away and I was not sure whether the pegasus had seen me. But I was never afraid of investigation, or of making new friends, and so I made my way in the direction I had seen her land. My hooves carried me across the ground with ease, an upbeat spring in my step. When I drew closer, I slowed my pace, unsure of where she had disappeared to. I did not see her anywhere around me. With a frown, I retraced a few of my steps to confirm that I was not missing anything. 

Pivoting my body right, I changed direction and began to make my way around the base of the towering spire. An alert expression blanketed my features, my eyes up and my ears forward, looking and listening for whatever, or rather whoever, I might find around the bend. The sun shone down on my back from above and I felt a subtle burning sensation on my skin. To avoid direct contact with the bright rays, I moved closer to the stony base, hugging shadow of the wall.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits

no worries!

RE: Vision of Hope - Aurelia - 12-24-2017

AURELIA
Aurelia's shimmering body ceased moving the moment her eyes caught a glance of another horse. She hadn't gotten a good look, but it seemed the other was a grey-white paint of some sort. Deciding to investigate, Aurelia began wandering towards where she had seen the stranger.

As she began circling around the spire, she nearly slammed into the stranger. A short squeal left her lips as her eyes went wide. "Sorry, I uh..." she muttered softly. "didn't see you there." The apology is awkward, but it is still an apology. A small, polite smile played on her lips in a kind sort of way. Aurelia, surprisingly, was in a good mood. The pregnancy hormones have been good to her today.

Now that Aurelia had a clear, up-close view of the stallion, her eyes quickly scanned her body. He was attractive in a sweet sort of way. His body was grulla-blue looking with random barring at his knees, rump, back and, underbelly. All of his legs had socks and his mid-chest, neck, and head were all colored white. Atop his cranium was a group of antler-like horns. Aurelia had always liked the look of antlers, so her eyes lingered on them longer than anywhere else.

Finally, Aurelia introduced herself to the stallion. "Hello," she began calmly. "I'm Aurelia, of Helovia." She didn't know what to say. She couldn't be like I'm Aurelia of Dragon's Throat because there is no Dragon's Throat. It felt awkward to just say her name, so she offered up the fact that she was Helovian too.

ooc; edited because im really dumb ;-;

à la folie;
to madness
image | @Rixen | coding

RE: Vision of Hope - Rixen - 12-25-2017

R I X E N

Continuing around the base of the spire, I questioned whether the figure I had spotted in the sky was real or if it was simply a figment of my imagination. Was it possible that I was so deprived of friends or company that my mind had created for me what I so badly wanted? Hoping that the line between my perceptions and reality had not been blurred, hoping that I had not deceived myself, I allowed my hooves to carry me forward. A branch snapped behind me. Instinctively, I turned my antlered head to see what had made the sound. The moment that I took my eyes off the path before me that I nearly collided with the pegasus. 

The Rift was full of surprises, and she was certainly a pretty one. Standing before me, I observed that she was not as silvery as I had initially thought, but rather paraded a coat of ivory. Her body was adorned with golden-tinted dapples. A unique golden marking her right cheek, one of many intricacies that she bore, and I wondered if it had any meaning. It looked almost like a symbol of some sort. No, I had not been imagining things. 

For some reason I thought it was a good idea to go looking for this stranger, and yet I had not really thought about what I was going to say upon the first encounter. Luckily, introducing myself did not take an excessive amount of effort. It was a step in the right direction. I managed a polite nod of my head. "No need to apologize. I probably startled you." I showed poise in her company, standing with my shoulders square and weight distributed evenly across all four legs. My emerald eyes searched for contact. My intention was not to make her feel awkward, but I could tell that Aurelia didn't know what to say to me any more than I knew what to say to her. This had played out differently in my head.

"I am Rixen." I gave her my name, then paused momentarily, trying to think of how to rescue the situation. Then, glancing at the cracked stones beside me, I remarked further, "This spire is quite spectacular, isn't it? Must have been a great deal of work to put it here.

"Talk."

Rixen is a stallion xDD

RE: Vision of Hope - Aurelia - 12-25-2017

AURELIA

Rixen, he says. The name is interesting enough, but she is more curious about other things, like his thoughts on this weird, weird land. The glowing orb by her shoulder danced a little beside her as he introduced himself. It was almost as if it was.. excited? Frankly, she knew hardly anything about it. The mare who had given it to her had been rather vague about it all.

When his gaze turns to the structure beside them, Aurelia's golden eyes follow. The spire was remarkably less interesting up close. Standing this close to it inhibited one's ability to see it's huge, impressive, build. The beauty is in the details, true, but sometimes you just need to step back and admire the masterpiece as a whole.

"Must've been." Her agreement was simply a cordiality instead of full-blown agreement. She wanted to delve deeper into the topic, and so she did. "Do you think if everyone worked together we could all rebuild it?" It was an interesting question, one that Aurelia felt needed to be asked. If we needed to heal the land, like the orb attached to her shoulder wanted to do, shouldn't they be healing it and rebuilding it at the same time? If they could heal this area and restore the white spires, maybe this could be a place of divinity. In Helovia, they had the Vein's of the Gods, but what did they have here? Here is sickness and loneliness. Was there even a god that ruled these lands? She had a lot of questions, but mostly she wanted to see if she was the only one who thought they could rebuild this area.

"Do you know anything about the Rift?" This question was slightly more vague, leaving Rixen many different responses he could come up with. Aurelia clearly only knew anything about the glowing orbs that supposedly clean the land, but beyond that she was rather clueless. "I'm new here." She added softly, making her question sound more like a legatimate question rather than a sort of sassy jab.

ooc; i looked at his profile and everything and swore i read mare/she somewhere. thats completely my fault, im very sorry ;-; edited my original post! <3

à la folie;
to madness
image || coding

R I X E N

As I spoke, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Aurelia also had a glowing orb by her side. I wondered if she had also received it from Otem. My own orb hovered steadily beside my shoulder. Every now and then, it bobbed up and down a few times, then resumed its level position in the air. Maybe the mare knew more about how to use its healing powers, but then again maybe she was just as clueless as I was. 

I continued to examine the base of the spire with great interest and Aurelia appeared to be doing the same. The pointed tower appeared to have been carefully constructed despite the crumbling, each stone fitting neatly into the next one. Each slate-gray piece reflected its age, curving in and out in various places, cracked in others. Despite its weatherworn look, the spire stood tall. It had managed to outlive the spires surrounding it, many of which lay in shambles. At some point in time, they had been carefully constructed structures, but now many of them looked no more than large heaps of rubble.      

"Perhaps." I mused, thinking about how rebuilding the spires might be accomplished. I was sure it was possible. But the real question was how, and the answer was beyond my knowledge. It had been a short time since I had first placed my hooves on these lands. I seldom knew where I was or what I was doing, much less how to restore this forsaken world and its ruins. What I did know was that I wanted to try.

My response to Aurelia's question was accompanied by a chuckle. "Absolutely nothing." With this in mind, I proceeded to tell her the one thing that I did know, though it probably wasn't of any use to her. "A mare named Otem gave me this orb. She told me that it could be used to heal this place, but I'm guessing that you're already aware of that." I gestured to the glowing sphere at my side, and then to the identical one at hers. My own orb began to pulse softly, almost like it knew I was talking about it. 

I was glad to know that we had a few things in common, although I didn't know whether she was as eager to acquaint herself as I was. And so I took my time, avoiding any personal questions. "I'm not from around here either. The Rift is certainly a curious place, don't you think?" My emerald gaze shifted from the spire back to the golden-hued pegasus. My voice was calm and steady, lingering in the warm air, "I've been trying to figure things out for myself. But I'd be interested in learning more about these spires...and then maybe we could find out how to put them back together.

"Talk."

Haha don't worry about it, just thought I should clarify

AURELIA

Rixen is very simple. His thoughts aren't very deep, yet they aren't superficial either. Nothing he said was unexpected and Aurelia found him rather boring at times. She was used to the dramatics so having such a calm soul beside her was rather uninteresting to the fiery mare. The pegasus remembered distinctly how the World's Edge had built their glass wall. It was so simple, but it had taken so long. Would the spires take an abundance of time longer to rebuild, considering they are much more complex?

The stallion claims the same mare who gave Aurelia her orb gave him his. She cocks her head slightly, her forelock falling sideways off the bridge of her nose as she does so. "She gave me mine too." That brown mare had clearly been very busy. A small smile played on her lips as she remembered the spirited woman. "I did know they heal the land, Otem had at least told me that much before we got off topic." Their conversation had been all over the place. One minute Otem was telling her about the orb, the next they were talking about Aurelia's fallen companion, and then somehow the conversation switched to the shadows that later mutated the magic Aurelia possessed. Aurelia didn't truly like many, but part of her was fond of the strange mare. She would never openly admit that, however.

He states that the Rift is a curious place. Aurelia wouldn't put it that nicely, but she nods in agreement. "Do you think if we talk to a native they will tell us more?" She hadn't met any natives yet (that she knew of, anyway). Maybe they would be able to enlighten the sparkling mare? "We would need a lot of horses to rebuild this place." Not only was it huge, but also so complex. The two of them alone wouldn't be able to do anything for this area, but maybe ten, fifteen, twenty horses could get work done. They would need magic (preferably the non-corrupted kind), strength, and an amazing work strategy. Curiously eying the stallion, she wondered if he truly wanted to fix the land, or just keep the conversation going. Aurelia wanted to actually make a change in the land and just talking about something without actually doing it was not on her plan at all.

"How do you think we could even rebuild it? I assume it would take years," she mused aloud to her company. Aurelia, in all honesty, was just feeling him out. What would he say? What would he do? Would he propose a plan or would he just agree with her simply to agree?

à la folie;
to madness
image || coding

R I X E N

My emerald orbs searched the Aurelia's features for any signs of what she was thinking. Considering I had met her moments ago however, I was not able to read her body language as well as I would have liked. That left me to assume that she was equally interested in our conversation and its cause. "I don't know any native Riftians, but if we could find one, I'm sure they'd know something." I hadn't really thought about there being any natives to the Rift, although it did make perfect sense that there would be. Everything and everyone was so strange here, however, that I doubted it would be easy to distinguish a native from a non-native from appearance alone. 

The Rift did not appear to be home to any herds. It seemed...empty. Perhaps that was because it was a place of wanderers. Nobody here every seemed to settle down in one place, myself included. Since arriving in the Rift, I had been drifting aimlessly across the land, looking for a purpose. In sharing her orb with me, Otem had given me the task of spreading its light to heal the land. But I wondered now if this was possible in more ways than one. As evidenced by the crumbling spires, the Rift was in need of physical repair, too. I was willing to put forth my efforts in any way I could for the sake of what was now my home (and Aurelia's new home, and Otem's, and all weary wanderers').  

"Really?" I inquired, "I was planning on building the whole thing myself." Knowing full well that it was not a task for two horses alone, a playful laugh accompanied my sarcasm. Repairing the spires would take the effort and collaboration of a whole herd. Where we could find said herd was a mystery to me. Sure, it could be done. But Aurelia was right. Even with the help of many horses, reconstruction would take years. Eventually I nodded in agreement, "It's a task for a herd.

"Well, I'm no expert in spire-building, of course. I'd imagine that all of these stones around us would have to be sorted and gathered, then carefully stacked up so that each one fits snugly into the next. They would need to be cemented together with something. You know, so the whole thing doesn't come crashing down should the wind pick up." I explained my thoughts on the topic carefully, managing to sound assured despite not having the slightest idea what I was talking about. Without allowing my cluelessness to dampen my effort, I talked about how I thought we could go about rebuilding the spires. It was better to throw at least some idea into the open. Waiting to know exactly what I was doing before acting would not help me to get anything done. It would not help us to heal the Rift. Whether or not what I told Aurelia was realistic, it sounded like a solid plan in my head, and it was certainly better than no plan at all.  

"Talk."

AURELIA

After he agreed that they should find a native, Aurelia didn't know what to say so she fell quiet. Their conversation wasn't awkward by any means, but it didn't feel completely smooth to the mare. Talking about the construction of the spire was, unsurprisingly, rather cumbersome to talk about. Talking about it wouldn't do anything. Silently, Aurelia noted in her mind that she would bring up the spires to the next ambitious soul she met. Rixen was pleasant to talk about, but Aurelia didn't feel as though she could feel a true drive from him- she couldn't tell if he wanted to actually do something about the spires.

The stallion tosses a joke into the air, and Aurelia responds with a light-hearted chuckle. "Oh, so Rixen has jokes?" She throws back the rhetorical inquiry, a small smile playing with her lips. She flicks her head to the right in a way that says 'follow me,' and begins walking away. She looks back at the stranger after a few steps, stopping and waiting for him to follow.

Eventually, Rixen proposes an actual idea. It is a rough plan, but it is a plan. The pegasus thinks deeply about his words and the amount of work that is involved in his plans. "The use of magic would surely help with everything." It was just an additional thought to Rixen's plan, one he never properly vocalized had he meant to imply it. Overall, she liked his plan. It was simple with some room for improvement but was not a bad starting idea. Surely, it was something Aurelia could work with. It was also an easy plan to deliver. Organize, rebuild, and glue together was the basic gist of his plan, and Aurelia was completely behind it.

As she walks, she throws her body around in a sensual way, her hips swaying more than they usually do. "So tell me about yourself. Surely a handsome babe like you has a story." The flirt left her lips flawlessly. It seemed so natural and smooth. Flirting, for Aurelia, was like second nature. It was fairly easy for her from years of experience. She'd chosen to flirt with the stallion simply because she wanted to. She was bored and here he was. Why not flirt with him?

à la folie;
to madness
image || coding

this one was a little rough for m im sorry x:

RE: Vision of Hope - Rixen - 12-26-2017

R I X E N

"A few." I reply with a half-smile. By no means did I think that I was the most proficient jokester, but every now and then I liked to toss in a little jest. Aurelia turned away from where I stood at the base of the spire, taking a few steps into the sunlight before motioning with her head for me to follow. In the sun, her golden dapples shone with a bright, shimmering, reflected light.

Without thinking too much on it, I followed her. One hoof after the other, my lean legs carried me after the pegasus. The glowing orb at my shoulder followed the steady motion of my stride. After catching up with Aurelia, I allowed my step to fall into place beside hers. I was satisfied that she seemed to accept my idea. Her mention of magic made me speculate about whether many of the horses here possessed it. I had no magic, only the antlers atop my head and four strong hooves beneath me. In my home land, magic was near unheard of. As a colt I had been told many stories of magic and the Guardians of Old, but I had never seen or used it. The Rift was budding with magic. I could feel the magic that surrounded me in the forests, the waters, and the mountains. I could sense it in the spires that towered above me, reaching toward the sky. I was captivated by it but at the same time I did not understand much of it. There was so much about this world that I did not understand. Thus far, magic remained a foreign concept to me. But with time, that could change.   

I continued to think about magic and the spires as we walked, but eventually I could tell that the conversation was taking a sharp turn as Aurelia’s movements became increasingly sultry. She began to close the distance between us, swaying her hips a bit more with each step. I was close enough to her that it didn’t take much for our hides to brush gently together. Unsurprisingly, her next words are laced with flirtation. I’m a little surprised that she called me a “handsome babe,” but I know better than to take it personally. Two could play at this game. My lips curled back in a smirk, "Don’t we all?"

"Talk."

It's all good!