This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
a quarter past midnight
Private Kingdom of Halyven 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
Rixen
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions;
We just stood there. Together. Holding each other. It was nice - although I can’t say that I’d expected any of this to happen. But I suppose that the spontaneity of it all was half of the fun, and so there was not much to complain about. Even if I tried. It was just a cool night and the two of us keeping each others’ bodies and minds warm, and in a way, shielding each other from the problems of the world. They were easy to forget now, faded, like a distant memory. They lingered there, but there was little desire to think about them. Not when I could stand here, and breathe Kiada’s scent, which faintly resembled a mixture of pines and damp earth and something sweeter that I couldn’t quite place, and think about how weird the feeling was, when a few moments felt like infinity. 

I listened to the sounds of the wind hitting the spires. A gentle breeze had picked up again, and as it travelled through the city, it made a sort of whooshing sound. Like a voice whispering in my ear, except there were no words there, even when I tried to listen. It toyed at the ends of my hair, which lifted up and danced in the air, their light graceful movements mirroring the feeling within my soul. It ruffled the alabaster and blue-tinted hair on my back, which had grown thick to prepare for the upcoming winter months. It was like the touch of a gentle hand, coaxing me not to worry with each stroke of the palm down my spine. 

Letting out another soft sigh, I listened to undulations of Kiada’s voice as she described more of Helovia to me. Hearing the stories and history she had to offer was always music to my ears. When she did speak of Helovia, I would imagine the place and the people in it. Kiada’s father for example, or life in her old herd. It seemed like a place I would have liked to visit in its glory days, before everything happened. Before Kisamoa - before the Rift. "They balanced each other…" I murmured sort of into her shoulder, where my muzzle was resting, thinking about the different strengths of the horses she’d described. I was glad to hear that Kiada didn’t think I needed to keep up with Roscorro. Perhaps we could be like the leaders of the Edge after all, in our own way. Use our differences to help one another help our herd. Not that were completely different beings, because we were actually quite alike, in morals and personality. I was more concerned about being as good as he was. But maybe I didn’t really want to be Roscorro, because no one should want to be anyone else. Maybe it was better to be myself, improve myself every day. Surely the rest would follow. 

"No, we aren’t. I don’t know why it felt that way. I couldn’t have a better or more willing group of horses behind me. Everything’s been going better than I would’ve imagined, really." I paused to reflect on how nicely things seemed to be coming together after our first gathering as a herd. That wasn’t to say that there wasn’t still much to be done, as everyone still needed to get the hang of their respective tasks, but for now I could be content that we were a herd, and that we had begun to work together on making ourselves into a family. "We’re well on our way to… being a herd. A herd in the Rift." I said with a small chuckle, as if I could hardly believe it myself. Who would’ve thought.

Kiada smiled and laughed at my pseudo arrogance. Though there were no signs of it on my features, I was sort of proud that she’d found it amusing. So I continued. "Well… yes. You’re not wrong, I wouldn’t want that at all. If you’ll have me, that is." Then I added jestingly, "In case you didn’t know, I’m kind of curious to see what eyeball tastes like." She laughed so delicately; yet it was also cheerful, like the flow of a river. I couldn’t help but laugh alongside her, a twinkle in my eye, feeling the joy flood into my life alongside the laughter. And I knew, that even when the laughter left, the feeling of this moment - the joy - would stay with me.

"TALK HERE"

@Kiada <33
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 05-19-2018, 12:40 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 05-19-2018, 07:32 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 05-21-2018, 04:58 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 05-26-2018, 11:59 PM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 05-28-2018, 04:00 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 06-02-2018, 11:54 PM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 06-05-2018, 12:10 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 06-17-2018, 07:02 PM