This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
a quarter past midnight
Private Kingdom of Halyven 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
Rixen
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions;
The eerie darkness of the night was comforting, in a way. It was like a pitch-black curtain draped over the sky, and the stars formed twisted, warped shapes against the blackness. The milky speckles twirled and danced along the sky in various patterns, tugging at the corners of my lips in a way that almost made me smile. It was hard to shove aside the worries corrupting my mind, but eventually, my hooves slowed as they reached the city’s largest remaining path, which was sturdy beneath my weight. There was a soft clicking sound that accompanied my hoof-falls with every step over the stones beneath, and the sound easily dissipated into the cool air. After a few more steps, I just... stopped, thinking. I was alone. It was if nothing from this world could touch me. Not a single thing could harm me. My green gaze fell upon the sky and studied the silver glow of the moon. She smiled down at me with love so intense it warmed my soul like a crackling fire on a cold winter's night. And there I was, standing among the spires at midnight for reasons that not even I could explain, not wanting to do anything but ponder all that had happened in such a short time. 

What was I doing, leading a herd? What if Hope was wrong in choosing me? What if I was not capable of guiding all of these horses in their time of need? I scarcely knew the Rift myself. Without Roscorro by my side, I didn’t know what I would have done. I’d been going back and forth about whether or not I was worthy of such great responsibility ever since the meeting. More than anything, my greatest fear was letting them all down. No matter how often I tried to reassure myself, a seed of doubt remained, gnawing away at my mind and preventing me from sleeping. But the gentle look that the moon gave me ignited a flicker in my heart that soon started to grow, eating at all of the dark emotions in its path. My worries, my thoughts, silently burned into smoke and wandered away through the endless night. For a few minutes longer I stood in the open and allowed the pale light to bathe my body, casting the white fur in a silvery glow. My eyes closed slowly and my lips parted to breathe out a relieved sigh. The night and the moon allowed my soul to run free. 

When they opened again, a golden figure was visible up ahead, though she had not yet turned to see me. Step by step, my hooves carried me in her direction, until at last I was close enough to see that it was Kiada. By now, I could recognize her sturdy frame and delicately curved horn from anywhere - there was nothing quite like it. Perhaps she was restless too, and felt the same solace in the night beneath the smile of the moon. It was unusual to be awake at this late hour. Or it was a very early hour, depending how one looked at it. I hung back for a moment, half hidden in shadow, my emerald orbs watching her for a moment as she gazed up at the starry sky, wondering what she might be thinking. In the background, my heart beat faster, a little more erratically in my chest. But I swallowed whatever it was that lingered within. "Couldn’t sleep?" I asked softly, at last stepping up beside the gilded mare. 

"TALK HERE"

@Kiada No worries! <3
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 05-19-2018, 12:40 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 05-19-2018, 07:32 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 05-21-2018, 04:58 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 05-26-2018, 11:59 PM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 05-28-2018, 04:00 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 06-02-2018, 11:54 PM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 06-05-2018, 12:10 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 06-17-2018, 07:02 PM