This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
How I would have fought this
Trial Ennunyenda 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
Rixen
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions;
Time passed, and I watched her blaze. Being high made it all the more mesmerizing, and I couldn’t help but stare at the orange flames and watch them leap and dance like hundreds of tiny beings with minds of their own. We stood alone in a place dark as night, bright colours dancing, tattooing then changing before my eyes. I observed, each time I watched the flames leap and hiss, always reaching feverishly out for something, trying desperately to grab and hold onto his fleeting shadow. And oh, how beautifully they swayed, beckoning me, enticing me, and each time my gaze flitted away before creeping back again.

The stranger might have noticed the intensity in my eyes, but whether or not she did was no matter to me. What I was most interested in was how she could burn and burn and burn and simply stand there, unfeeling. Wouldn’t it hurt? The stranger didn’t flinch. Instead, she looked quite relaxed, basking in the heat of her own light. However, the idea of simply burning in comfort did not sit well with me, and the fact that Aurelia didn’t seem to mind did not stop my thoughts from racing back and forth between whether or not I should try to inform her that, well, being on fire was a dangerous thing. Fire was...bad. Right? It was death. It was a wave, a smouldering storm, rolling in on itself, undulating like some grotesque creature hellbent on murdering anything in its wake. But perhaps all I’d been taught about fire was wrong. Perhaps fire didn’t have to be a force of destruction. After the flames were extinguished, Aurelia would likely be left without a trace of them anywhere on her body. She’d shrug it off, as if she hadn’t been spontaneously combusting moments before, and not an ash in sight. This notion was curious and confusing and so extraordinarily fascinating to my drugged mind. My internal monologue had gained a mind of its own and is was taking the lead in the conversation with myself. Suddenly, I could spend hours upon hours mulling over even the simplest of concepts, discussing them in my head without ever becoming bored.

It was true, the warmth was comforting in the black depths of this tunnel. Aurelia whispered a “thank you” and though I was vaguely aware of her voice reaching my silver-tipped ears, the appreciative gesture easily slipped through the grasp of my thoughts because the mare had already begun to talk about magic. Magic, the one thing everyone in the Rift had that I did not. It was not too long ago that I’d been entirely unaware of its existence. Ever since I’d first learned about magic, though, I wanted to know as much about it as I could. As a result, I was quite eager to listen to what Aurelia had to offer. "I’m glad you got your magic back. We’d certainly be in trouble without it." Laughing cheerfully, by head bobbed along with each sentence, despite having little ability to understand what she was saying. When my mind was so opium-clouded, though, there wasn't a need to. She asked me why I hadn't trialed for my own magic yet, and the truth was that I didn't even know how, but of course, the thought to ask never crossed my mind. "I don’t know." My reply to her question was as concise as responses came. In part because there was no answer to give, and also because I was unable to focus on one thing long enough to formulate any sort of thoughtful response. "My impression is that magic cannot be- where are we?" The question escaped by lips as abruptly as it crossed my mind upon realizing that all this time we’d been walking further and further into the tunnel - into never-ending darkness. Every so often we turned onto new paths without bothering to consider where they led to or came from, so that by now it was impossible to tell where we were. Funny that I’d even bothered to ask, as if Aurelia would’ve known the answer solely because she was the beacon lighting our path. 

"TALK HERE"

@Aurelia
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-28-2018, 07:46 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 03-30-2018, 04:07 AM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-30-2018, 04:45 AM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 03-30-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-30-2018, 04:00 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 03-30-2018, 11:29 PM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Rixen - 03-31-2018, 04:46 AM
RE: How I would have fought this - by Aurelia - 04-01-2018, 05:55 PM