This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
a quarter past midnight
Private Kingdom of Halyven 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
Rixen
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions;
At first, the sound of my voice echoed off of the stone walls and the mare seemed to shift upon recognizing the words belonged to someone familiar. She did not seem surprised that I was there, although I could not fathom why. What were the odds that we’d both run into each other, anyway? Certainly they were small. I looked over at the golden-hued mare standing beside me. She seemed peaceful, taking in all that the moonlight’s silvery glow had to offer her. Her eyes remained closed for another moment, and then slowly the pale blue orbs fluttered open. Though she did not turn her head, my green gaze briefly met hers and neither of us spoke. It was a silent night. The stillness caressed my skin like a cool breeze, smoothing my soul, taking away my jagged edges. It surrounded us like the stars twinkling above us in the freckled night sky. 

I stood still, aside from the occasional flicking of my ears or swish of my inky tail. My antlered head was tilted up in the direction of the sky, and my lips curled up slightly in a placid expression. Kiada shifted slightly, angling her body in my direction and tilting her head so that she could see more of the sky floating at the tips of the city’s massive spires. "I hope I didn't startle you. The moon’s certainly breathtaking." And with my words came a nod of agreement, not thinking too much else of her movement. The moon was a white-grey disc sailing in the cloudless sea; streams of moonlight sank into the earth bleeding silver. Its light illuminated everything around us, accentuating every curve and crevice, making the world seem all the more beautiful.

"No," I shook my head, exhaling softly. My breath formed a small white cloud as it made contact with the air. "So I came out here for a walk …you know, to clear my mind." Looking up at the night sky made me think about how insignificant I was. Not in a bad way, but rather in a ‘the universe is giant and beyond anyone’s comprehension’ kind of way. It served as a reminder of how much was really out there and how little everything mattered. Shatter this earth, and it wouldn't really matter that much at all. Then there was us, standing here, insignificant blots in the cosmic tapestry, yet conscious of it all. Despite being small and well, rather insignificant, I still felt privileged to be a part of it. Content, even, knowing that I was. Feeling as though I was obligated to offer her more of an explanation, I added, "I like to think about who else is looking at the same stars." And whether or not they were thinking about the same things. Was she?

"TALK HERE"

@Kiada AHH ME TOO sorry this post is kinda meh :c <3
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 05-19-2018, 12:40 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 05-19-2018, 07:32 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 05-21-2018, 04:58 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 05-26-2018, 11:59 PM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 05-28-2018, 04:00 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 06-02-2018, 11:54 PM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Kiada - 06-05-2018, 12:10 AM
RE: a quarter past midnight - by Rixen - 06-17-2018, 07:02 PM