This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
In This Broken Kingdom
Open Mangrove Tidepools 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

As I made my way toward the midnight-hued figure I wondered whether he was from this place. Few horses I met were from around here. Most of them were like me: they’d wound up here somehow amidst the chaos of their daily lives, without much of a notion why or how. Or, they’d been ripped into the Rift by that god called Kisamoa. Although, having briefly met the man, he did not strike me as much of a god. Just a very strange, beastly looking creature harboring ghastly features  I’d never seen on a horse, not even one in my homeland. 

Before my thoughts could wander further, a grey mass of fur and feathers bumped straight into my hindquarters. He came out of nowhere, shoving me slightly sideways. As he had been walking when we collided, the impact upon contact was not a large one. At least it wasn’t for me. The difference in size between us sent the child reeling backward, so that he was sitting straight up on his hindquarters. I blinked down at him, curious as to who he was. Strangely enough, I could see that the grey colt only had one wing upon his back. Didn’t most pegasi have two? The one’s I’d seen had two wings, anyway. He looked oddly familiar, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t quite place what his name was, or where I’d seen him before. When my green gaze touched his blue one, he gave me a sort of biting glare. I didn’t understand what for, though, because he was the one who’d run into me and not the other way around.

Maybe the other horse had noticed me on the rocks by now, but I did not yet turn my gaze in his direction to see if he did. Temporarily forgetting about the other stranger standing a little distance away, I lowered my antlered head so that I could properly apologize. "Sorry, little one, I didn’t see you there. Do you have parents? Perhaps you shouldn’t be wandering out by the tidepools alone. The tide’s known to be unpredictable at this time of year." I reached out with my pinkish muzzle to help, aiming to nudge the child back to his feet. I did this despite the look he’d given me moments earlier. It was my nature to try to help anyone in need of it, even when my kindness was not reciprocated. That was no matter - I expected nothing in return. 

Lifting my head again, I noticed that indeed, we had been noticed. The stranger had taken a few cautious steps in out direction. By now it was more than a few; the gap between us had closed and he now stood relatively close to us. His expression was kind, but interlaced within his forward-perked ears and outstretched muzzle, there seemed to be a slight bit of hesitation. I didn’t blame him. In the Rift, it was impossible to tell who was friend and who was foe, not at first glance. At present, the water stretching before us was gentle, the sunlight reflecting off its surface like orange paint on a blue canvas. The water was clean and soft. Gentle. If I hadn't once been a victim of a sea storm, I would have believed the facade. The water was powerful, with enough force to destroy and rival the land. 

Then again, the most innocent faces were the deadliest.

The older of the two strangers had not said anything yet, only communicating in small nods, perhaps because he was skeptical of me. That was no matter, though. I did not mind being the first to speak. "Greetings, my name is Rixen. I am from no particular place in the Rift. And you are?" I began by giving him my name, curious to know what he was doing at the Tidepools. I'd never seen him before. 

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Vynter @Seiji <3

Rixen doesn't recognize Vynter because of his visual agnosia.
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
In This Broken Kingdom - by Seiji - 03-08-2018, 04:38 PM
RE: In This Broken Kingdom - by Rixen - 03-09-2018, 06:55 AM
RE: In This Broken Kingdom - by Vynter - 03-09-2018, 09:34 PM
RE: In This Broken Kingdom - by Seiji - 03-13-2018, 03:03 AM
RE: In This Broken Kingdom - by Rixen - 03-25-2018, 06:18 PM