This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Incantations
Trial Solanis 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
and if you are to love, love as the moon loves;

Regret washed over me like the long, slow waves on a shallow beach. Each wave was icy cold and sent shivers down my spine. How I longed to go back and take a different path. Perhaps I could have forced the Rift from my mind, but now that was impossible. There was no way back. There was no way to make it right but to say two words aloud. Even if I did aplogize, there was no taking back what I’d said, or rather how I’d said it. The child’s impression of me was tarnished and I worried that there would be a way to undo any of it. Even if the right words never came out of me, in my heart I retracted what I’d said. 

This led to me thinking: was I supposed to win this “fight”? How would I do that? I couldn’t bring myself to cause the colt any more trouble; I could not keep up my act any longer. Not here, and not now. If the Rift wanted to play its games, I’d allow it a few more days. But I did not want to continue what I’d started, even if the Rift had other plans. 

I’m sure the surprise showed on my face when the child forced back his tears, stood upright again, and looking me directly in the eyes, demanded that I apologize to him. My emerald gaze did not shy away from his blue one. Undoubtedly, I owed him an apology. In fact, I would just explain everything to him right then and there. Maybe then he would understand, and we could be on the way to making amends. 

Opening my mouth, I paused momentarily to consider just what I was going to say. After deciding the order in which I’d present the situation, I began with a deep breath. In doing so, my demeanor seemed to transform. My emotionless expression softened, a silent a way of showing my true nature, which I liked to believe was kind and friendly, and even more so in the presence of children. "Let me begin with the two words that I most certainly owe to you: I’m sorry. I did not mean to hurt your feelings - I meant none of that about your wing. Please allow me to explain." I spoke with care, so that he might have the best chance of understanding me. All the while, the whispers in the back of my mind began to start up again. Subtle they were, but present nonetheless. The question once again lingered in my thoughts: was I going mad? "My name is Rixen. I don’t recall seeing you around the Rift before, so I don’t know how much you know about this place… but there are tasks the Rift assigns you, called “trials.” I’m not exactly sure why. I don’t know too much about them." Come to think of it, I didn’t really even recall how I knew this piece of information. I’d learned it somewhere, from someone, but was lost for an answer as to where or who. "Mine was to pick a fight with someone..." I trailed off, not really knowing how to explain my actions. There was no explanation. Everything just sort of… happened.

"Talk."

it does not steal the night —
it only unveils the beauty of the dark

img

@Vynter
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Incantations - by Rixen - 02-24-2018, 05:18 AM
RE: Incantations - by Vynter - 02-24-2018, 05:53 AM
RE: Incantations - by Rixen - 02-26-2018, 06:35 AM
RE: Incantations - by Vynter - 02-26-2018, 02:30 PM
RE: Incantations - by Rixen - 03-07-2018, 02:13 AM