This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
[SWP] line of sight
Open Uwaritace 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

I'd been to the place with the strange old tree, Unwaritace, before. It was where I'd first encountered that old grey mare who seemed like she'd lost her mind. Not that it was any surprise. She did not look like the sane sort, with those spiders weaving their webs about her neck and a crown of twigs atop her head like some sort of royal diadem. As we travelled to Unwaritace, I tried to recall everything about it that I could, but not much more than an image of a sad old tree came to mind. 

The tree appeared not to have seen a blossom in many years. Perhaps Unwaritace was beautiful once, but now the branches were snaggly and bare. Covered in dark scorch marks, presumably caused by a fire that ravaged the place. While everything else in the clearing seemed to have grown back with time, the tree remained scarred and bare, a reminder that not even the most beautiful thing like this tree could stand tall and beautiful and mighty forever. The fire always came at one point or another. 

Even admiring the tree from a distance still made me sad to see it in such a state. Yet there was something comforting about it that even the fiercest flames could not destroy. My glowing orb still floated steadily in the air beside my shoulder, as if awaiting my direction. Although, as I'd learned from my experience at the wall, an orb couldn't always be counted on to cooperate. Truthfully, I did not know any better than Kiada, the gilded mare who stood beside me, what the Matron expected us to do here. But when she asked, I thought it better to at least offer up some course of action, though not the most original of ideas, instead of shrugging my shoulders and saying I didn't have any idea how to proceed from here. I tried not to sound like I was grasping at straws. "You're probably right, I think the Matron would have warned us. Maybe we should take a look around and see what we can find. There has to be a clue somewhere."

As I finished speaking, an unfamiliar mare stepped out from behind the massive tree trunk. Her words were directed to Kiada, and Kiada alone, for I knew that she definitely did not know me. I did not know her. My memory was quite sharp, and I'd have remembered the obsidian-colored unicorn if I'd ever seen her before.  

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
[SWP] line of sight - by Kiada - 02-12-2018, 07:37 AM
RE: [SWP] line of sight - by Glacia - 02-14-2018, 06:59 AM
RE: [SWP] line of sight - by Rixen - 02-14-2018, 07:49 AM
RE: [SWP] line of sight - by Rift Presence - 02-14-2018, 01:04 PM
RE: [SWP] line of sight - by Kiada - 02-16-2018, 03:41 AM
RE: [SWP] line of sight - by Rixen - 02-17-2018, 07:08 PM