This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
In the event of an emergency
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Glacia the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

Glacia

We had been away for so long. Hidden in the recesses of the dark world. But something had been stirring. Something new, that had drawn me out of my dark cave. A child walked timidly at my side, and Selene perched importantly on my withers. Rowan clung to me like a new born foal, despite her nearing a year old now. It had just been us three for a long time now. I had practically given up on finding Rikyn and Gwyn. Thinking about them made my heart pound and crumble. But I had Rowan. 

Are you sure we should leave here?

Selene's voice entered my mind. I didn't need to, but instinctively my ear flicked back towards the owl, before sliding forwards towards the rain forest yet again. 
"We can't hide from everyone forever... It's not good for us, and not fair to Rowan. She shouldn't have to live like a that. She needs to live." My muzzle reaches down to nudge the filly at my side, before picking up a trot. Selene, shrieking slightly at the unexpected jolt, moving to grip her claws in my mane. I try to ignore the eyes, the unsettling gazes that come from the trees and bushes. My time in this forest had given me the opportunity to observe some of the fauna. Not all. But there were places I had avoided, such as the cliffs themselves, for the threeheaded lizards that dwelled there. I had yet to actually encounter one, but from afar I had watched them take another equine to it's demise. It was enough to keep me distant from the area. While dangerous, I had indeed made a home here. I had quickly learned to keep a watchful eye, and often Selene and I took turns watching for predators. But the bright side to this dangerous place, was it seemed that I rarely encountered others of my species. Which, I had grown used to. For these months I hadn't wished to see any of them. After I couldn't find Rikyn and Gwyn I hadn't the heart to return to what was left of the Basin herd. I wondered sometimes, what had happened to many of them.

A rustling peaks my interest, and I come to an abrupt halt. I feel Rowan move her body up against mine, and Selene's claws tighten into my mane as her eyes focus in on where the noise was coming from. What might I see? A terrible creature? Or another of my own kind?
"Talk."

Open to anyone wanting to welcome Glacia back! Tagging along is hers and Rikyn's youngest Rowan. She was born during my haitus. Glacia has just been hiding out in the rainforest. With the new SWP she has decided to emerge!{/font}{/size}{/color}

image | bckg
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
He drifted through the rainforest, quiet, reserved, unafraid. Not because he was foolish or unaware of the danger, for all natives knew of this land. No, he was well aware of the creatures that lurked within the cliffs. He was confident though as his little machines crawled upon his body, that he would be able to detect any threats as he avoided the main territories of the natural fauna.

Ear ever moving, senses always searching, the Watcher moved deeper into the forest. Mechanical spiders crawled up his mane and down his back, their beady eyes gazing out into the rainforest. It was not long before he emerged from a dense section of the forest, to find himself gazing upon a mother and her yearling. He gazed upon them with a cool, unreadable gaze. His mechanical wings folded at his sides, useless and dead. They would not move until he trailed for their restoration. The Rift had sought to test him yet again. His gaze took in the pair before him, and he did something he normally did not. He spoke. "Hello." he said, nodding his head. He made no move toward them or any effort to speak further. What business was it of his to ask why they were all the way out here. Beside him his orb of hope floated before drifted towards the mother and her child. It would hover between the strangers before splitting in two, the new orb going towards the mother to give her its warmth.

talk talk talk talk
I used to recognize myself

Funny how reflections change
image credit to Marcus Castro
@ unsplash.com

Ruwin's Piece of Hope has split and shared its light with Glacia! Piece of Hope. A fist-sized ball of pleasant light, giving hope and light to whomever has it. Infinitely split-able. Mitigates the harmful and violent effects of the Rift. (Now she has her own piece of hope for the SWP). =D

@Glacia
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Glacia the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

Glacia

The creature to emerge, was not what I expected. A stallion, with intricate mechanical spiders crawling around his body, and mechanical wings hung by his side. He was my size about. A good size, should we need to fight. But I did not get that vibe. The stallion remained silent for a long time, long enough for my eyes to drift to a glowing orb that floated along the stallions side. His voice echoed out into the distance between us, bringing my gaze back to meet his. Slowly my tail twitched, before noticing the orb moving towards me. Cautiously, I took a step backwards. My ears swivling to the side nervously, left and right taking turns to face the orb, as my eyes slid back to the stallion for a split second. What was it? And would it hurt us?

I could feel Selene hobbling up my neck to get a better look at the glowing orb, just as it split in two. The closer of the orbs drifting towards us.

"What is it? Ask him what it is."

The voice fills my head, Serene's young and curious voice eager to know. Like I was once. Carefully I stretched my nose out to touch the warm light. It filled me with warmth, and hope. A strange feeling in this desolate place. I look to the mysterious stallion, and nod. "Ah... Hello.. My name is Glacia.. Thank you, for the gift. What is it for?" My voice carries towards him, a friendly smile resting on my lips as I let my guard down somewhat.

"Don't let it down completely Glacia."

"My daughter's name is Rowan.. And the Owl, her name is Selene." And as I say it, the child by my side peeks her head around to gaze as the mechanical wonder, and the owl's eyes focus in as well.
"Talk."

@Ruwin 

image | bckg
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
She was polite as she spoke to him, though he had done little to earn the friendliness in her tone. He listened to her, his eyes drifting to her daughter and then owl as each were introduced. "People call me Watcher." He replied, never revealing his real name to strangers. An odd superstition, yes, but one he stuck to religiously. It was not likely anyone had the powers his father had had, but one could never be sure.

"And that-" He motioned to her new glowing orb with his nose. "is a Piece of Hope. It will supposedly help save this world from the chaos that is taking over." He was still skeptical about the whole thing. Of course he himself had not tried putting the sphere to the test. It seemed willing enough to share itself with any stranger her happened upon though. Not that he had happened upon many without orbs of their own. Still it was curious how it managed to split and never lose its size. Always retaining the same shape and glow as before. "You're not from around here." He stated, more than asked.

talk talk talk talk
I used to recognize myself

Funny how reflections change
image credit to Marcus Castro
@ unsplash.com

ooc: Short post. But I am so proud! Ruwin actually is engaging in conversation!
@Glacia
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D