This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Coils and Whiskers
Fight Ultima  Fight, fight, fight!
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
It came in the most innocent of forms. A kitten—at least, it is partially kitten—consolidates from the soft neon glow that surrounded the stallion. Stripes of fluorescent blue and eyes of palest glowing yellow flicker as small paws meandered towards him, never quite hitting the ground. A tiny tail twitches, light leaving lucent trails in the darkness. Once near enough, it rocks onto its florid haunches, luminous eyes unblinking, watching, measuring… And then it pounces, a picture of playful fluorescence—until it hit him. He was suddenly robbed of all his senses, until all that his mind could see is a monstrous snake; its scaled body dripped with acidic green light that burned as the serpent wrapped around him, tighter, tighter, tighter still.

A gasp was forced from the Ruwin's lips as the squeezing continued. His head bowed as he grit his teeth as the world came crashing in around him, the world returning to its normal state. But the pain did not cease. He shook his head, breath heavy as he forced himself to push through it. As he did so the snake whispered to him to way to ease his suffering. Fight another stronger than himself. He snorted, nearly laughing as he snarled silently in pain. Of course it would fill his head with a constant, painful pressure than ask him to go a challenge someone to a fight. Not just anyone, someone stronger than himself. After being denied a trail by the rift for so long, he wasn't surprised that he had received such an unfairly stacked task.

Still, he was a stubborn fool, gifted with great endurance and a surprising tolerance for pain. Standing alone the hidden with nothing but the waves crashing against the sand, he found himself wishing that he could kick the rift in the teeth as another wave of pain throbbed in his skull. It wasn't likely that he would find an opponent in this secluded area. Icy eyes looked out at the grey sea as wave after wave slammed into the normally peaceful beach. A storm was brewing on the horizon, reflecting the stallion's own mood.

talk talk talk talk
Watcher
Take me as I am, or don't.
Cause I don't give a dang, no.
That's who I am.

ooc: Ru's trial is to challenge someone stronger than him to a fight. This is a fight between him and @Ricochet.
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Ricochet
Currently championing:

He had run like the wind away from the Portal. Mainly because that little brat was insistent of doing the opposite of everything he said. If he hadn't left when he did he was certain there would be a dead child lying down at the entrance of this shitty world. There was almost a sense of relief that washed over his body as he made his way through the lands and finally came to halt right before the caves that inhabited the southern coastline of Ultima. The salty brine cooled his hot skin, and if the man were to look out to the horizon he would notice the storm brewing nearby. He snorted, tail lashing hastily at his hips before he moved to seek cool shelter in the depths of the caves.

What he didn't expect to come across was a fellow Riftian being knocked around by a fucking cat. The mysterious feline was quick on its paws, nimble and lithe and sparing the man nothing as it ripped him a new one then disappeared into the shadows. Ricochet was silent the entire time, waiting for the scene to fully unfold before taking a step or two closer to the man. He looked pretty beat up, perhaps disoriented and obviously not in a good mood. Ricochet would have been pissed if he had been outsmarted by a cat. Except; he probably wouldn't have. And it was with that thought in his mind did he begin to cackle, it obnoxious and grating yet oh so satisfying to the onyx man. He couldn't help it, this was the funniest thing he'd seen in a long time.

"Dude," he finally managed after a few more chuckles,"You just got wrecked by a pussy."

DON'T LET THE BASTARDS
GRIND YOU DOWN

@Ruwin - my love it is here I am sorry for the length. I figured it'd be enough to spurn him though xD
Permission to do anything and whatever to Ricochet aside from maiming or killing. Tag in all posts.
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
The feeling in his head persisted, tormenting the stallion as he stood upon the sand. The steady throb increasing as a grating chuckled filled the air. He turned to see the dark stallion standing there, laughing at him. His eyes narrowed, but otherwise his face revealed nothing. His words were irritating as he spoke. Apparently all he saw was a cat, not a feline that had transformed into a giant snake that proceeded to crush his very being within its coils. That crushing pain continued within his skull, fouling his mood.

When he was younger he would have leaped at the chance to fight another. As arrogant as the stallion that stood before him. But not anymore. He had been honed and weathered by time. He was no longer a weapon that swung aimlessly at every possible opponent. He was a finely honed blade, patient and cunning in its battles. But beggars couldn't be chooser. He was required to challenge another. And this irritating, brat had so kindly presented himself. Like a lamb to the slaughter.

Without a word the older native turned. He was silent as he stepped closer to the other. When he was close enough the stallion's head lowered. The two, wickedly sharp horns atop his snout glinted in the dim light as he pointed them towards his opponent. This action was quick, it came without a word or warning as he charged. He would not give the other a chance to react. He would have to realize they were fighting or get skewered by his horns. His target was the other's shoulder. If he hit he could deal a crippling blow to the other before moving away. He knew not what the other possessed in terms of skill or magic, and so he sought to limit his movements, just in case.

talk talk talk talk
Watcher
That's who I am.

ooc: Ru, without word or warning charges Ricochet, aiming to plunge his horns into the other stallion's shoulder. @Ricochet.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Ricochet
Currently championing:

The man was right to assume that in actuality Ricochet never expected him to gouge his shoulder with his horn. And so when the appendage skewered his right shoulder he could only grunt and stagger back as the hit came rough and hard. It went in deep, breaking flesh like butter and hitting bone against his shoulder. And even though in reality the blow hurt like a motherfucker; the adrenaline had kicked in in time for Ricochet to feel mostly a dull ache. Later would be a different story. And so as he stood there, dazed and confused with someone else's horn lodged into his right shoulder; eyes of rust could only stare blankly at the man before him with a slightly slackened ebony jaw.

"Well fuck," he breathed after a moment. blood gushing from the wound and soaking his entire right leg. Not only would that suck to heal, but it was definitely going to hurt in the morning. It was still another moment before the man could comprehend just what had happened; and as he did the blood only continued to flow from the wound. Soon his eyes found focus on the other man's eyes, and it was at that moment he finally spoke again," Aren't you a bitter little bitch. If you wanted to play... all you had to do was ask."

And so despite the minor dizziness that was beginning to overwhelm Ricochet, he wasted no time in lifting his good leg and roughly slamming it into the earth; causing a line of boiling magma to surface in a perfectly straight line. Despite his vision slightly impaired due to the blood loss; he could only hope that he would hit his intentioned target; which was making sure his magic would run between Ru's front legs and hopefully burn them and his stomach. The blood continued to pour, to soak his fur and puddle around his leg into a small, but slowly growing puddle. He didn't know if he was going to win, but he was sure gonna fucking try.

DON'T LET THE BASTARDS
GRIND YOU DOWN

Ricochet - Is gouged in the right shoulder down to the bone and begins to bleed profusely. Despite growing dizzy from rapid blood loss, he attempts to light up Ruwin's underbelly and legs with his magma magic.

@Ruwin
Permission to do anything and whatever to Ricochet aside from maiming or killing. Tag in all posts.
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
The satisfying sensation of his horns making contact jolted through the Watcher's body. Warm blood splashed upon his face, trailing down his muzzle to drip off of his nose. The scent of it drowning out all else. The older stallion's warrior blood began to stir. His heart slammed against his ribcage as the adrenaline surged through his body. He felt his horns strike bone. The other was not at all prepared for the attack. Foolish. One should always be ready to receive blows when facing a new horse. Especially when your first move is to taunt them. The pain within his own head exploded upon the impact with the other, causing him to grunt. But he had not faltered, even as their eyes met he remained steady and icily calm. No emotions flared within those blue pools.

He made no comment when the other spoke, merely regarding him with that silent stare. Head he been younger he may have wasted his breath with some witty retort, but he was no longer the type to join in on such banter. Then again, why was being called a female dog really such an insult? All he did was snort to rid his nostrils of droplets of blood. They were so close now, too close. His charge had put him within striking range. But what was a reward without any risk?

The other's words caused his ear to turn. He felt the magic flow off the other. Tasted it in the air and knew what was coming. Instinctively he stepped back just as the magma rushed forward. Intense heat exploded underneath him, assaulting his legs and belly. The pain, though dulled by the adrenaline still caused him to gasp as the stench of burnt fur and flesh filled the air. he stumbled back further, a grimace of pain upon his normally stoic face. But he did not go down, would not knee before the other. The burns, though they hurt, would not deter him. Though his task had only been to challenge someone to a fight, he was no about to turn tail and run. He was far too stubborn to leave a job unfinished. Either he was walking away with a victory today, or not at all.

A fire lit within the normally calm stallion's gaze. The flame of determination. Well, he had found a stronger opponent, now to take him down. The other could attack at a distance, meaning he would have a better chance at winning if her remained close. Again he charged, aiming to come in close again. Head lowered, horns ready for another strike. Or so it would seem. At the last second the light colored native whirled around, using the momentum of his charge to send his body spilling as he struck towards the other's chest with his hind legs. All the while trying to draw closer to hopefully reduce the chance of another magic blast. Or at least get the other to take himself out with one of those strikes. His front legs screamed as the skin was stretched and torn further, his belly was on fire. But he force through it, far too stubborn and tenacious to let such superficial injuries stop him.

talk talk talk talk
Watcher
That's who I am.

ooc: Ruwin is struck back Rico's attack! He is severely burned, but able to move. Seeing that Rico has ranged attacks Ru charges in to reduce the distance between them. Faking an attack with his horns before whirling around to kick out with his hind legs at Rico's chest. All the while trying to draw closer.

@Ricochet.
Ricochet
Currently championing:

There was a sick satisfaction in watching the man recoil as the searing magma bubbled at his skin. And as the glow began to fade Ricochet's eyes remained alight with energetic glee from the thrill of this fight. Despite his world beginning to spin and his head beginning to feel light; there was no lack of agility on his part. He had endured worse; had felt the same heat in his own veins; and though most found it excruciating he found it be exhilarating. So he continued to watch the burned man with a wicked grin, swaying slightly as it seemed the man was going for another attack. And by sheer luck; Ricochet had correctly guessed the mechanical man's intent to fake him out.

So instead of veering back from the first attack he remained stoic, ready to pounce; and before his hind hooves could lash out at Ricochet's ebony skin he swiftly veered to the man's left. Although his movements weren't graceful, he had been successful in his dodging, and he staggered briefly as he attempted to regain footing. But now the adrenaline was pumping; and he was itching to do more than burn this fucker where he stood. So while Ruwin was beginning to come down to all fours the unicorn moved; lashing out at the buckskin's side with his head tilted downward.

Although his horns had a mild curve to them, they were still quite solid; and he hoped to slam them directly along the man's undercarriage. Whether it would be successful he couldn't honestly say, especially with his right leg now having an obvious limp. It would only grow worse as time continued; and by evening he would likely be begging for some release from the pain of his flesh wound. Until then, he would fight like hell and not back down until this fucker was either fucked up or dead.

DON'T LET THE BASTARDS
GRIND YOU DOWN

@Ruwin - Ricochet dodges Ruwin's assault by veering to the left. He then attempts to ram his horns (not to sharp ends but along the blunt side) beneath Ruwin's undercarriage.
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Despite pushing through the pain Ruwin's movements were not as quick as they should have been. Between the pounding within his head and the injuries to his legs and stomach (which had begun to bleed as the skin, brittle and burnt tore), his normal speed had taken a hit. As he swung around to deal his kick to Rico he knew he wasn't as fast as he should be. The other, seeming to sense his next move easily dodged. Not only dodge, but launch his own attack. Normally an attack to his side would have been deflected by his metal wings, but coming down from his own attack he had left his belly vulnerable.

The blow slammed into him like a freight train. Sending his staggering but instead of moving away he tried to get closer to his opponent as the breath was forced from his lungs. His side exploded in pain. No grunt or words slipped passed his lips. He was far too short of air to do much of anything but try to reclaim it with a gasp and a cough. His mind did not think about how close he was, how easy the next attack could come. All that was left was his last thought, remain close or else those ranged attacks would get him. Already tender from the previous attack it did not take much for the stallion's stomach to start bleeding where Rico's horns had hit. His head spun and the snake tightened its coils. His vision blurred as the pain wracked through his body, but he refused to give up. Still remaining on his feet as he continued to press towards the other. Surely his own wound was leaving him light headed, his own body had to be taking a toll from the blood loss. Still, he may very well win this fight. Nope. Not going to happen. He wouldn't go down. He still had one attack left in him. If he could pull it off then perhaps he'd become the victor. If not, he'd have to yield. As much as it would pain him to do so.

With the same dogged determination as before the stallion again moved towards Rico. Unwilling to be let ground go. He would press at him, using his front hooves to strike at his chest and injured shoulder as he continued to press his attack. His hind legs had been undamaged by the magma, they were strong and easily held him as his forelegs dealt quick and powerful blows. If any hit they would surely be felt in the morning. Adrenaline rushed into his veins, drowning out the pain further. enabling him to make this last stand.

talk talk talk talk
Watcher
That's who I am.

ooc: Ruwin gets the breath knocked out of him as pain explodes in his side. Most likely something is seriously bruised, if not broken. Instead of stumbling away he stupidly moved closer. xD Unwilling to give up just yet he starts kicking out with his front legs, using them to try and deal blows to Rico's chest and injured shoulder once more.

@Ricochet.
Ricochet
Currently championing:

This guy just didn't give in. Even with a serious beating to his side that sent him reeling; he was back and running towards him with a renewed vigor. The man was taken aback, but took the hit head on when his hoofs crashed into the right side of his neck and shoulder. A grunt escaped his lips, and his hooves skidded back slightly due to the force. It fucking hurt and Ricochet was pissed; but he wouldn't let their quarrel end there.

Eyes aflame with rage, bands on his ankles shining brightly against the starkness of the storm. As the rain began to heavily pour and wash away his blood, his breathing became more apparent and ragged. Gritting his teeth he stood still for a moment, trying to collect himself as his energy continued to drain away. There wasn't much time left before he collapsed; and he needed to quickly think of a plan. Mustering up the last of his strength Ricochet launched forward; taking advantage of Ruwin's close proximity and aiming his teeth for the man's throat.

DON'T LET THE BASTARDS
GRIND YOU DOWN

Ricochet - Is hit by Ruwin's hooves on his neck and upper shoulder; and using the last of his energy he attempts to bite at Ruwin's throat.

@Ruwin
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
The other's teeth flashed, aiming for his throat. Grunting the buckskin pulled back, his feet taking him several paces away from the other as he withdrew from his reach. He could feel the hot breath of the darker stallion on his neck as his teeth snapped inches from his flesh. It was a narrow miss. He stopped in his retreat, sides heaving. The pain in his side flared with each breath and he had to force himself to breath shallower in order to reduce it.

The battle was over. He knew it. Like some silent signal that had been shot into the air to signal the end of their fight. And he had lost. How irritating. Though at the moment he didn't process any real emotion, his heart still pounding from the fight. His body numb to all but the fight at hand. His nostrils flared as he snorted, still not uttering a single word as the stared the other down. Though the fight had ended for himself, he was not sure it had for the dark one. He remained ready to react, though his muscles screamed for him to stop, to get away so he could rest and tend to his wounds. But he would not turn his back on the other just yet, wanting to be sure that this was indeed over.

talk talk talk talk
Watcher
That's who I am.

ooc: Ruwin dodges the attack back pulling back, ending up a good distance away from Ricochet as he waits.
@Ricochet.
Ricochet
Currently championing:

And like that it was over. The man before him dodging his attacking and slipping away like a thief in the night. Rust colored eyes stared hard at the battered beast before him, as his lungs struggled to keep the air in that he so desperately needed. So as he gasped and heaved, staring down his enemy, the blood by now had soaked his entire right leg. There was no more rationale in his mind frame. There was no more conscious effort in his movements. His mind and body were now in survival mode; shutting down anything that didn't need to function so that he could simply survive.

He no longer felt the pain. Numb and emotionally dead he couldn't process anymore. The world spun in colors and shapes that he couldn't even imagine, his body seeming to spiral into a vast nothingness, until all at once he was crashing down and his world went black.

DON'T LET THE BASTARDS
GRIND YOU DOWN

Ricochet Exit