This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Time Changes All
Open Halyven 
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin

“That is quite possible.” Ruwin replied in his normally thoughtful manner.
“I was born into this land, lived here for six years. If there is one thing I have learned, is that we truly know nothing about the Rift.” It was already next to impossible for one to know everything about their world. But the rift was alive in ways that many worlds were not, as the bay dun had learned in his conversations with others who had entered his own. It constantly changed. Lands came and went. Some even returned after years of absence. The Green Labyrinth was one such example.

Some had remained for as long as he could remember, while others were swallowed by darkness and lost to them. While others, were completely new to him. Such as this city. He did not condemn or think lowly of Rixen for being unsure of his words. When learning of these lands one relied much on the words of others. Hearsay and rumors, or the accounts of those who had actually witnessed it being pulled into the rift. It was in gathering these tales, no matter how outrageous they were, that one began to find common threads among the chaotic weave.

Though he cared little for the city itself, he did wish to learn of its place within his world. His only value in learning the past was simply to not repeat it. Though he doubted he would ever find one who knew the true history of this fallen city left to time. He made no comment to try and sway Rixen from his views of the city, letting the subject drop. They did not have to agree to have a pleasant conversation. All they needed was a polite civility and mutual respect for the other and their right to their opinions. It was truly depressing how many people had forgotten that. At times his words could come across as harsh, fore he never sugar coated things. Preferring to speak simply and plainly. He did not endeavor to put down another because they dared to disagree with him.

But Rixen had not forgotten how to have such a conversation with others. This was why Ruwin found so much pleasure in conversing with the other man. So when he spoke again the roamer gave him his full attention. He not only knew of the meetings, but he had been apart of the founding party. He gave a slow nod to his words. “Perhaps I will join you, one day.” He said.

He was not a social man. Never actively seeking to meet others or start a conversation. But this small band of horses appealed to his desire to collect more knowledge. He could see their value in helping to fulfill this desire. He could come for a meeting. Watch, listen and then leave. If the event proved useful to him he would return again. If not then he would simply move on. His gaze suddenly dropped to his machine as Rixen asked his question. Did he like crafting things? The corners of his lips twitched in what could have been a smile, if it had lasted longer than the time it took to blink.

Next to the spider, dust began to stir. It swirled and shifted as small pieces of ore was magically drawn from the earth. These particles danced around themselves as they fused together. Forming gears, wires and other parts need to assemble one of his creations. The taste of magic was in the air as the intricate machine was brought to life. The process to only a few seconds, an actions done a thousand times by the loner.

The dust fell away, revealing a new machine. Its delicate wings glinted in the sunlight as it stood on slender legs. The elongated body of the dragonfly looked like a twig next to the spider. As magic breathed life into its form its shining wings came to a life. A small buzzing noise floated from the machine as it lifted off of the ground to hover before Rixen’s nose.

“They serve their purpose.” Ruwin’s voice said, but it did not come from his lips. No, it drifted from the dragonfly as it watched Rixen with its jeweled eyes. “I can transfer my senses and voice through them. As such they can also act on their own and alert me when my attention is needed.” Thus giving him his name. Watcher.

The dragonfly, done with its display, flew over to its creator where it landed upon one of his wings. He had not shown Rixen his power to show off. If that had been his aim he would have been far more flashy as he went about creating his machine. A lot less matter of fact and more fluff and sparkle. But others did not often perceive things in the way he meant it. Though he did not feel this man would leap to such a conclusion. Rixen had inquired about his machines and the wanderer felt like he would appreciate the chance to see his magic at work. It was often far easier to show his magic, rather than explain it. The blue colored man was one of the few that Ruwin had shown his power to. Most simply saw the machines he had already created as they crawled upon his body.
talk talk talk talk
I used to recognize myself

Funny how reflections change
image credit to Marcus Castro
@ unsplash.com

@Rixen

Ooc: SORRY THIS TOO SO LONG! The original was so much better but it was lost to the void. T.T
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D

Messages In This Thread
Time Changes All - by Ruwin - 01-29-2018, 03:32 AM
RE: Time Changes All - by Rixen - 01-30-2018, 02:44 AM
RE: Time Changes All - by Ruwin - 01-30-2018, 05:27 AM
RE: Time Changes All - by Rixen - 02-03-2018, 05:52 PM
RE: Time Changes All - by Ruwin - 02-11-2018, 08:50 PM
RE: Time Changes All - by Rixen - 02-19-2018, 08:04 PM
RE: Time Changes All - by Ruwin - 02-27-2018, 12:01 AM
RE: Time Changes All - by Rixen - 03-01-2018, 03:33 AM
RE: Time Changes All - by Ruwin - 04-01-2018, 06:39 PM
RE: Time Changes All - by Rixen - 04-07-2018, 03:44 PM