This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
chemical kids & mechanical brides
Private Green Labyrinth 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N
Kiada did not step in right away. I did not say anything more to convince her, though I hoped she’d join me. She seemed thoughtful, though not necessarily hesitant, contemplating my offer for a little longer than I would have expected. Certainly not everyone liked water. Perhaps Kiada fell into that category. Then again, it could be something else. All the while I awaited her company patiently and with a kind sort of expression: a subtle, but warm smile, ears perked forward, head lowered slightly in invitation. My emerald gaze switched from the gilded mare’s face to the gently flowing water beneath me to the brilliant green backdrop provided by the bamboo. Sunlight was still able to filter between the tightly-packed stalks, creating a soft glow that made the whole place brighter, and in turn, my mood. 

Yes, I generally appeared to be happy and in good spirits. But no one could attain that level of constant happiness; such a thing was illusive, no matter how possible it seemed. Life was never about constant happiness though. That was what made living interesting. Over the course of my travels, I’d accepted that living was about the ups and downs. It astounded me with a sudden feeling of wonder and astonishment at times, or struck me nefariously, without a warning. Sometimes living was a blend of bliss and felicity and at other times it was outrageously wicked. It let me experience mirth at the fullest, then left me despondent and in a state of melancholy. Yet here I was, waiting to enshroud life’s deepest mysteries, knowing not the perils it withheld.

No matter how I felt, I treated others with the same kindness and heightened level of thought put into my words and actions. Contrary to what one might be led to believe, however, doing so was not always reflective of how I felt on the inside. Happiness was a complex thing: sometimes, it was as simple as a wide smile on my features. Other times it was so much more than that. I knew the feeling well. It often started as a tingle of my grullo-blue coat, much like the feeling you’d get when anxious, but instead of worrisome, it's… warm. It would pass through me like a warm ocean wave, washing away my troubles to leave me refreshed inside. As the wave faded I’d savor the memory of its gentle touch....

I returned Kiada’s smile with another of my own, watching as she removed her rose-gold armor, setting each piece gently on the bank. She did not have to reply a ‘yes’ or a ‘no.’ I already knew the answer. "Perhaps not." I agreed with a soft chuckle when at last she stood in the water beside me. "The water’s nice when you get used to it, though. Then refreshing might be a better word.

The gilded mare’s warm hues of her body contrasting brightly with the blue shallows, curved horn projecting from her forehead glimmering, damp forelock sticking to the side of her face where droplets of water clung, sparkling like diamonds. Her charcoal-colored limbs soaked through until they gave way to golden buckskin. Where the wetness touched it, her coat clung to her frame, accentuating each delicately-carved feature. She was radiant, and the water having soaked through her coat here or there simply made her colors richer. Her entire being shone, a brand of fire in the sunlight. 

"What about now?" I asked gently, genuinely curious to know what she was feeling. My eyes searched for a sign of reassurance. With its warm embrace cradling me, I refused to let my own lightheartedness go. Everywhere and all at once was the inevitable pleasure that came with wading in the cold stream on a sunny day. The world around me seemed to spin a million times faster, like everything around me was set in motion. Everything was alive. This was a place where anything and everything seemed possible (the Rift was so far, far away from that). With all of this, there was something else- another feeling was also brimming in my chest, nearly spilling out of me along with my good mood, something I couldn't quite make out. 

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits

@Kiada <3
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-23-2018, 07:27 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Rixen - 01-24-2018, 03:19 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-25-2018, 03:16 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Rixen - 01-27-2018, 07:11 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-29-2018, 07:35 PM