This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
chemical kids & mechanical brides
Private Green Labyrinth 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

"You had walls similar to these in Helovia?" I never saw such strange barriers in my own homeland. They were another part of the Rift’s magic that I had yet to understand. Though it would have been reassuring if there were more obvious answers to so many of the mysteries I’d encountered, it did not take long for me to learn that was not the way of this strange world. All I could do was continue to scour the Rift for answers in hopes that one day something would come of my efforts. It was both frustrating and exhilarating, how in the dark I still was. By no means had I been here for a time that was sufficient to understand every aspect of the Rift. One could not possibly live here long enough. I lived each day one at a time, observing what I could and attempting to draw a conclusion from it. In all of this, of course, lay the bigger picture. Sharing my orb of hope with whoever I could, wherever I could, made me feel like I was doing my part. Even if the Rift was nowhere close to healing fully, there was solace to be found in the thought that as the light of hope touched each new region or being, the land was ever so slowly edging closer and closer to its former healthful state. 

As we walked side by side through the misty maze and the barrier crafted of Riftian magic came to mind, I wondered if perhaps spreading hope elsewhere in the Rift would have any effect on it. Or perhaps it was the reverse - what if there was a way to heal the wall and in doing so heal the Rift? Whatever the case might be, I sought answers, and there was no hesitation in my voice as upon volunteering to accompany the gilded mare. "In due time, I’d gladly accompany you there to find out if you’d like." Pausing with an effort-induced snort, I tossed my antlered head to move a thick piece of alabaster mane that had fallen over part of my face like a silken curtain. My vision clear, I scanned the straight line of bamboo that stretched before me to form solid green walls. Each stalk was so perfectly aligned with the next that the unnatural formation was undeniably the work of something or someone far superior to nature. Possibly even that of a god like the ones Kiada spoke of. 

By the way her smile widened when I expressed that I enjoyed talking to her, Kiada appeared both surprised and pleased by my words. Her expression lit up as brightly as the orange flames that danced along her spine in the grey mist. I didn’t know what response I’d expected to evoke. I’d simply intended to share my honest feelings, but something about the reaction I did receive made me feel warm inside. In the wake of my compliment, the girl did not reply immediately, instead taking a moment as she seemed to consider how to respond. 

Then, a more intense bout of happiness tugged at the corners of her lips. I blinked slowly as her blue gaze fell upon me, an uncontrollable reflection of my good mood washing across my features like an incoming tide. "I would not mind that for several reasons, and I suppose you wouldn’t, either, for an equal number of reasons." I returned her playful wink with a sort of lopsided half-grin and a mirthful chuckle, "In that case, it seems we are in agreement that it is in your best interest not to burn your tongue off." The youthful confidence in my voice was worn in a light raise of my brow above a quizzical, joyful eye.

It wasn’t long before Khairi swept down from where he had been flying above us and shortly thereafter Kiada informed me of a cave and stream that lay up ahead. "Admittedly, your offer is quite compelling. My legs would appreciate a rest, and I wouldn’t mind a drink, either..." I did not give a complete answer right away, as if more time was needed to ponder the idea; as if I didn’t want to leave the Labyrinth’s somehow tranquil gloom and the comfort of the bamboo stalks. Though I had arrived at an understanding of what beauty Kiada did find in this place, and would have liked to spend more time exploring the maze, my mind was made up nearly the instant she suggested that we head in the direction of the cave, and then the stream. To me, it sounded like a good idea. Though my mind wanted to keep moving, I knew my legs could use the rest. Besides, a break in our exploration of the Labyrinth could do me no harm. Nowadays, I was always on the move, travelling from one place to another across the expanse of the Rift with but an occasional period of downtime as compensation for the buildup of weariness constant movement caused. With a motion of my vine-covered antlers, I agreed to her suggestion at last. "I think I’ll take you up on it. After you." We'd been walking side by side, but as I spoke I shifted over slightly to allow Kiada to step ahead of me. The edges of my mouth curled slightly upward and my ears perked forward, bowing my head in a chivalrous manner that was both polite and comedic at the same time.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits

AWH <3 -also slaps self for writing unnecessarily long post-
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-23-2018, 07:27 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Rixen - 01-24-2018, 03:19 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-25-2018, 03:16 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Rixen - 01-27-2018, 07:11 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-29-2018, 07:35 PM