This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
chemical kids & mechanical brides
Private Green Labyrinth 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

Though I had spoken under my breath, my words still managed to reach Kiada’s ears. Of course they had - it was impossible not to hear even the faintest sound, the world around us was so quiet. The silence, apart from the crunching of hooves as they crossed a damp carpet of grass, caressed my skin like a thick and heavy blanket lingering in the air. My intention was not for the words to evade the mare, but I hadn’t meant so speak them. Like anyone, sometimes I was prone to mumbling my thoughts aloud, and mentioning that I had never seen a god before was one such instance. Being the philomathic creature that I was, an explanation in any form never bothered me. I liked to keep my mind occupied, to learn all that I could wherever I went. Knowing more about the Rift somehow made me feel safer living here, even if in reality I was in no way protected from danger or risk. Silver-tipped ears swiveling in the mare’s direction, I gave my attention to the sound of Kiada’s voice as she went on to describe her own encounter with a god.

She had yelled at him, and he was the type to allow that, apparently. That wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, but not the response I’d expected. Kind of funny, a mortal mare berating a god, an all-powerful being that could end her life in a heartbeat. "Really?" I said with an amused laugh as I walked along. This was a reason why the Labyrinth was near to Kiada's heart. It was calming, in a way. The sound of our breathing and hoofbeats and pleasant discourse resonated among the quiet bamboo stalks. I exhaled softly. Barely visible in the cold air, the puff of breath was accompanied by an idiotic smile and a chuckle, "In that case, I don't think you'll catch me trying that one out for myself."  

If the opportunity to meet a god one day ever arose, I would not pass it up. There were so many things one could learn from a god. I wasn’t sure what to expect to hear when the mare's pinkish lips continued to move. Perhaps some heroic tale or epic adventure, like the ones I’d grown up hearing as a colt. However, what Kiada told me next was quite the opposite. The mirthful expression plastered across my features morphed into a concerned one as a token of my sympathy. "That must have been awful." The Helovian gods, from what I'd heard of them, were full of surprises. Terrible as a god's surprises could be, they seemed to be balanced out by the more pleasant ones. "At least Kisamoa's intentions were to help..." As always, I sought out the good in the situation. "In a way, I think that makes things better, knowing that he did want to save you. I'm glad he did. Without you...without and all of the other Helovians, this place would be awfully lonely. It seems that I've bumped into a number of horses from Helovia and haven't yet seen a face who was born in the Rift. Not any that I've been aware of, at least. I have never met Kisamoa, but I hope he wouldn't turn on us like the Helovian god that you speak of. Thankfully, by the way you describe him, he doesn't seem like that type." Not that there was really a choice in the matter. I'd just have to trust that Kisamoa wouldn't slaughter us all, even if doing so was in his power. It felt strange to trust someone who I only knew by name with my life. 

We continued to meander through the Green Labyrinth, all the while the silvery mist continued to thicken around us making the scenery increasingly more difficult to see. My verdant orbs were forced to squint to ensure that I did not bump straight into a bamboo stalk or stumble clumsily when the ground dipped in here or there. Kiada probably knew the way around far better than I did, seeing as I had never visited the maze before. As such, I kept close to her, not wanting to lose sight of the mare amidst the brume. Fortunately, her golden color made her more visible, contrasting starkly against the dull greyness of the low-hanging clouds. "Do you earn something at the end of said challenge?" Surely Kiada would not want to face the Metus solely for the sake of doing so. They way I saw it, endangering one’s life in such a way ought to have some incentive or be accompanied by a reward. Who in their right mind would endure the troubles and toils of facing the Metus for naught but boasting rights? And that would be if one could escape alive.

She looked at me and smiled and I met her lingering gaze. Then I felt her move closer and her soft muzzle graze the blue-grey hair on my shoulder, the skin underneath tingling at the touch. For but a heartbeat, in that moment I suddenly felt different. It was a sensitive act, and an unexpected one, unlike any I'd experienced in a long time. Perhaps it was a gesture of gratitude, a way foreign to me. Not knowing what to make of the brief moment, I launched back into conversation as a way of alleviating any following awkwardness even before it presented itself. "Let me know when you need me. I'm usually around. Can’t go too far with that giant wall keeping us all in." I laughed as time moved again, referring to the strange, impenetrable black wall at the Pinnacle that stretched for miles in every direction. Kiada's second task was by far more revolting than challenging the Metus was terrifying. "I wonder who came up with that, eating a bear's eye. No offense to them, but that's pretty disgusting." I wrinkled my lips in disgust at the thought. I'd hate to have to eat an eye. "Maybe there's some magical herb around here for getting a foul taste off the tongue afterward or something." Something of the sort probably existed here in the Rift. Almost anything imaginable, and even the unimaginable did. I cast another glance in Kiada's direction even as she continued to look forward.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-23-2018, 07:27 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Rixen - 01-24-2018, 03:19 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-25-2018, 03:16 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Rixen - 01-27-2018, 07:11 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-29-2018, 07:35 PM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Rixen - 01-31-2018, 06:49 PM