This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The Afterglow.
Open Uwaritace 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
Place a name upon the night, one to set your heart alight
And to make the darkness bright
Paint the sky with stars.
The shaman does not notice the awkward air that encapsulates Waker as soon as she moves close to him. Never one for social cues or reading the intents and thoughts of others, Taivas remains passive and calm in the most unusual circumstances. This would be no exception.

All of the possible responses the boy runs in his head never cross her own mind, and she stands nearby, but with the same cool, distant expression on her face.

The dead-eyed confusion on the stallion's face does not register with her, and instead, she simply notices the smile that falls onto his soft lips after a moment or two. A silent thanks, which she answers with her own small, cool smile of you're welcome before her thoughts drifted to her arrival here in the Rift.

In the brief moments that her face is turned from Waker's, the boy's expression undergoes a massive overhaul, one that cannot even been ignored by the shaman's inept social skills. Her dark, stardusted eyes widen with surprise as she glances at his face, stricken by an emotion that is not unfamiliar to her heart. Loss. Pain. Perhaps, even guilt.

The words which fall from his soft lips are quiet, but so heavy that they crash in the air between them, causing an ear to flick back atop Taivas's skull. Without much thought, the shaman extends her own soft muzzle to attempt to gently nudge his neck as reassurance or comfort. He is apologizing to her, but the girl finds herself awkwardly attempting to soothe him from some unseen tragedy. What had the Rift taken from Waker; did he suffer the same losses as she?

"No need to apologize," she says softly to him, pulling her face away from his neck to look at him in the eyes once more. His dark set features hide much of whatever sorrow resides behind the gleaming surface of his amber eyes. "I sought Helovia, which I learned had been... torn asunder in my mother's absence."

Taivas considers his question about leaving the Rift, and briefly she wonders if he would leave if he could. She supposes he would, and in the recesses of her heart, anxiety begins to grow at the thought.

"I have never tried to leave, but since I cannot return home either way, this place is as good as any."
Taivas
image credit

[ ooc - Sorry that this is so bad. Trying to shake off the dust :o ]

Messages In This Thread
The Afterglow. - by Taivas - 01-19-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Waker - 01-22-2018, 11:39 AM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Taivas - 01-22-2018, 08:55 PM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Waker - 02-09-2018, 12:55 PM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Taivas - 03-27-2018, 07:57 PM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Waker - 04-17-2018, 10:23 AM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Taivas - 04-24-2018, 02:46 AM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Waker - 06-14-2018, 11:40 AM