This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The Afterglow.
Open Uwaritace 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
Place a name upon the night, one to set your heart alight
And to make the darkness bright
Paint the sky with stars.
When the shaman peers behind her, she sees Waker awkwardly perched with his wings slightly lifted.  Had she been more expressive and less enthralled by the strange charm given to her by the matron, she may have laughed brightly at how silly he looked.  While Waker was certainly old enough to be considered a full grown stallion, he remained somewhat childlike.  Somewhere in the back of her mind, Taivas is reminded how her first impression of him had been a child.

He trots up to her side to examine the trinket as well, even as the cool breath encapsulates her softly glowing figure in the summer sun.  Dumbly, he lets out a soft 'huh' as his muzzle extends to investigate the cool air surrounding her.  The shaman does not flinch or move away, never being one to embarrass easily or be conscious of her own personal space.  Still, Waker is polite enough not to touch her without asking, it seems.

She nods in response to his observation of the brutal summer season they were currently experiencing.  While he had arrived at the tailend of the winter, he still nearly died due to the chill.  Of course, Taivas does not know how much was due to him being drenched when he arrived.  Suddenly, as if fog cleared from her mind, that detail of their first meeting becomes curious.  How did he arrive soaking wet?

The movement of feathers draws the girl's attention, and quietly she side steps closer to him, sidling up so that her folded wing is nearly at his side but not touching.  She wondered if some of the cool air would radiate from her charm toward him, helping to cool his skin.  It was worth a shot.

Her eyes look off into the distance to consider his question, thinking back to her arrival here in the Rift.  She remembered little outside of the unsettling eyes and Roscorro's timely appearance as her guardian.  "I know little of this place - only what has been told to me," she says simply and honestly.  "I arrived here by accident."

"I had been flying west to seek out my mother's former homeland, and landed within this realm after encountering strange black clouds, which I presumed to be a seasonal storm."  She turns her face to look back at Waker, with no emotion escaping from her eyes.  "It was not until later I was told the place I sought had been destroyed by this world."
Taivas
image credit

Messages In This Thread
The Afterglow. - by Taivas - 01-19-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Waker - 01-22-2018, 11:39 AM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Taivas - 01-22-2018, 08:55 PM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Waker - 02-09-2018, 12:55 PM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Taivas - 03-27-2018, 07:57 PM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Waker - 04-17-2018, 10:23 AM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Taivas - 04-24-2018, 02:46 AM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Waker - 06-14-2018, 11:40 AM
RE: The Afterglow. - by Taivas - 07-15-2018, 11:20 PM