This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
a light in the darkness.
Open Siren's Summit 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
this is fact not fiction, should have held them in your lungs.
the words I said are spinning, reeling; your wide-eyed dreams weigh a ton.
The shaman appreciated the dedicated attention with which Rixen listens to her explanation.  She is far from the teachers she grew to love and respect in the Fields, but at least some of their lessons could be imparted and passed along to anyone curious enough to listen to her ramblings.  Aurelia certainly had not been open minded enough to accept a different view of reality, but the stallion before her now seems interested, if only so he could better understand the painted girl.

His eyes captured by the dance and swirl of the spirit's ephemeral form, maw falling agape as he looks back at the girl's placid face.  The spirits were a natural part of her home in the Fields, so the amazement which pours from his eyes is hard for her to understand.  The allure and beauty of them never escaped her, but the knowledge of them had long since dimmed her excitement and bewilderment in seeing them appear from the earth.  She would be much more perturbed not to feel them living alongside her.

He asks in a heavy voice, You can do that?
A chirp of a laugh falls from her lips briefly before she looks at him.  "Aye," she says, though her connection to the spirits had already been demonstrated behind his very eyes.  She supposes that the shock of seeing one's first spirit could briefly dim your wits enough to ask the obvious.  Besides, she failed to pick up on some of the more obvious cues, so who could she really judge?

Excitement seems to grow on his face as the implications of her words grow more firmly in his mind.  While before he may have shrugged her off as a strange, spiritual mare, she had shown him the proof of her beliefs.  He flinches at the motion of her wing, but she quickly withdraws it back, folding it neatly on her back.  His question drops lazily from his maw, almost like he is already considering the answer before it is given.  Taivas sighs, a soft billow of air escaping between them, and she gives deep consideration to his words.

However, there is a problem glaring at her from the back of her mind.  Her connection to the spirits in the Rift is a shadow of her former strength at home in the Fields.

"I do not know," she answers honestly, deciding that her informal pupil deserved nothing but the truth, as her own teachers had given her.  "The spirits in the Rift do not know me as they had back home.  My connection with them is growing stronger but remains tentative and weak."

"I am certain they could help repair whatever injury this world sustained, but I cannot say how or when they would be inclined to do so."
taivas.

Messages In This Thread
a light in the darkness. - by Taivas - 12-27-2017, 07:18 PM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Rixen - 12-28-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Taivas - 12-29-2017, 07:08 AM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Rixen - 12-30-2017, 06:24 AM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Taivas - 12-30-2017, 06:39 PM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Rixen - 01-01-2018, 06:56 AM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Taivas - 01-01-2018, 07:43 PM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Rixen - 01-03-2018, 05:36 AM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Taivas - 01-05-2018, 11:25 PM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Rixen - 01-07-2018, 05:47 AM