This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
a light in the darkness.
Open Siren's Summit 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

I suppose I really wasn’t that surprised when the mare answered me with a simple “No.” Instead, I felt a little disappointed because I was curious to know what language the runes were written in, and what they said. The pegasus mare didn’t say anything else to me, just turned her body toward in my direction and stared at me with her starry eyes. Beside her glowed an orb of light that was identical to mine, so she must have been familiar with Kisamoa and the healing of the land, everything that Otem had told me about. She didn’t offer up any words for further conversation, so I took matters into my own hooves. I introduced myself, walking closer to where the mare stood. "I am Rixen. Who are you?" It seemed that I didn’t go a day without meeting someone new here in the Rift.  

Now that I had a better view, I scanned the stones up and down. They were almost taller than my sight could reach, but not quite. Their black surfaces were covered with many different markings that I did not recognize, although they looked like symbols that I had seen before in my homeland. The carvings must have been old, because many of them were almost completely faded away, to the point where they might have been nothing more than scratches on the rock’s surface due to weather and age. If it weren’t for the less-worn symbols in the middle section of the obsidian, you would have never guessed that they were intentional. Perhaps they were inscribed here by the very first discoverers or inhabitants of the Rift. Before I could stop myself, I was muttering my thoughts aloud. "I wonder who put these here… surely they must mean something." My speech was slow, pensive, and not really directed at anyone in particular. Considering the stranger did not know what they said as I had hoped she would, I doubted that she would know the answer. However, I was not opposed to hearing her thoughts on how these mysterious runes might have come to be. If she had any thoughts to offer up, that was. She struck me as the quiet type, but of course I could always be wrong. My initial question hadn’t exactly been open-ended. 

Patiently awaiting her response, I paced before the slabs of obsidian, emerald eyes fixed intently on the runes even though I knew full well that staring at them would not help me to understand anything more. For all that I knew, these runes were another one of the Rift's questions that I might never know the answer to. Even if I did not find out all that I wanted to today, I made a mental note to come back some time in the future and investigate further. Maybe I'd ask around, if I could remember. 

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
a light in the darkness. - by Taivas - 12-27-2017, 07:18 PM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Rixen - 12-28-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Taivas - 12-29-2017, 07:08 AM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Rixen - 12-30-2017, 06:24 AM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Taivas - 12-30-2017, 06:39 PM
RE: a light in the darkness. - by Rixen - 01-01-2018, 06:56 AM