This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Gift of God
Open Floating Key  Birthing Thread for Aei'ith
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
The stone faced stallion allowed a small smile to soften his features at her comment. "There are other watering holes I could have led you to. " He answered. "Though none are as sheltered as this." The cliffs formed a half circle around the pool, providing a small wall against attack. So long as their assailants weren't gifted with flight. The sandy beach bite far enough into the jungle to make it nearly impossible to sneak on them, the white sand did little to camouflage anyone. And the water so was so clear it was obvious nothing lurked beneath the waves. Nothing had ever come up to eat him, anyways.

Being so far from the main land the key had yet to be swallowed by the darkness that had seeped into the soil of the continent. Though the creatures here were odd, they were not entirely effected by the evil that filled the world. To call the key safe would be a lie. Safer, might even be stretching things a bit. What ever the case, one did not feel the tendrils of the dark sickness tugging at your soul quite as much as the lands across the waves. It was another reason the stallion came here, to escape the darkness. he had chosen to still come to his secret spot despite his unwelcomed guest because he didn't care to be leading a pregnant mare around the jungle all day. That and if they did come other attack he did not want to be responsible for keeping her safe. Somehow he doubted that she would hold back or run from a threat, even when so heavy with child. It would make things more difficult if he had to worry about all of this. He knew he wouldn't be able to up and abandon her if something did attack. Something within him was still kind, though he did not often show it.

His eyes, as clear as the pool that lay before him, watched the mare enter the waters. The spring seemed to expound upon her beauty as she sparkled like an ingot of gold beneath the waves. Perhaps he should have felt something towards her, an attraction of sorts. But he felt no stirring within him. That emotion was lost to him long ago. It lay with the bodies of his family. He buried half of it under his youngest sister. The rest was rotting beneath the body of his father, slain by his own hands. So he merely observed her with the same cool gaze as before. At least one of them was enjoying themselves. Her pleasure was short lived though as she came to a jerking halt.

His ears perked forward as he sensed a new urgency coming from the mare. A stone formed in his gut as she emerged from the waters. Something was wrong. Her questions were enough of an answer for him and he cursed under his breath. He was not a stupid stallion, though she seemed to think him one. "Not quickly enough." He answered, moving to stand beside her as he looked for a suitable place for her. He knew the child was coming before she stated it. "Come. It is too open here." He said, hoping to steer her towards the cliffs near the falls where there was a slight overhang. It was not much of a shelter, but it would have to do. At least they'd have the cliff to their backs and water to one side. The less points of attack, the better. One never knew what would be attracted by the scent of a birth.

talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com

(Sorry it took me so long!)

Messages In This Thread
Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 08:44 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 10:10 PM