This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Gift of God
Open Floating Key  Birthing Thread for Aei'ith
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
He listened to her as she told her tale. He knew when the portal had opened and the majority of the Helovians entered their land. Never before had he considered the possibility that some might be stuck between the two worlds in a place where time stood still. He had been told by mares that being pregnant was hard enough in the normal allotted time. He could not imagine being stuck that way for so long. She was far overdo and this caused Ruwin a great deal of concern. He was not a healer or trained in the art of helping a mother birth her foal. He had been present when his mother had birthed his youngest sister, but he had merely been moral support while the others took care of her. He swallowed the curse he wanted to aim at what ever god dropped this mare in his lap. So much for a peaceful, quiet day on the key. He watched her even closer, praying that the child would be good and stay within the their mother's womb.

All of this inner frustration remained hidden behind placid eyes as the unicorn walked beside her. He noted how she struggled to match his pace and checked his own gate. When she stumbled he drew close enough to provide support if needed. Though he took care to not actually touch her. If she needed his strength, she would use it. But she was a tenacious thing and so far she had not used his shoulder for support. he had expected her to ask him about his identity sooner. When she did he answered the same way he always did. "You can call me Watcher." He preferred to not give out his own name, believing that a true name had power.

His head tilted as he picked up the sound of falling water. "We're almost there." He stated, feeling the need to let her know that their trek was almost over. As she spent more time with him the stallion softened. Though she had stubbornly insisted upon following him, and even threatened him with a fiery charge. She was not all that bad. He certainly was finding that he did not mind her being around as much as he had earlier. Perhaps it was the thought of the young one in her belly that eased his solitary heart. Or perhaps it was simply that she had done little to try and hide her own self from him. So far every emotion or reactions appeared entirely genuine. No words meant to flatter or deceive left her lips. He much preferred to be around those who were unafraid to hide who they were. if she tried to manipulate or deceive him he would push her away. But until they he was moving from loathing her presence to tolerating. If they kept this up he might even move onto slightly like her being around.

As they rounded a bend they were greeted by a beautiful sight. Water cascaded down into a crystal clear pool of water. Even at its deepest depths one could see directly to the bottom. A testament to his purity. It glittered and sparkled in the light that filtered through the thick canopy of leaves. A thin mist hung around the falling water as it tumbled from a high cliff down into the pools. Soft, white sand covered the small beach. Brightly colored fruit hung from the trees within easy reach. Ruwin took a few steps towards his hidden paradise. His home. "You're the first person to see this place." he said. He never shared his little hide away with others. Though he doubted Aurelia would be able to find her way back to it. Stepping into the shallows of the water he took a deep gulp. The cool liquid slid down his throat, quenching his thirst like rain upon the desert. Lifting his head he peered back at his guest, water droplets clinging to his chin.

talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 08:44 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 10:10 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 10:39 PM