This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Gift of God
Open Floating Key  Birthing Thread for Aei'ith
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
He certainly did not see her expression. If he had he would be rather puzzled. If she had told him that she felt ignored he would have told her that he had given her a nod of acknowledgement that he did indeed know her from the tree. It wasn't his fault she had missed it. But had there been a need to speak when an action so simple could convey his understanding and agreement? Sometimes the unicorn was rather dense. Ruwin ignored her furious exclamation. Was she expecting him to stay out on the hot beach and chat with her? He had come this way because it was the more direct path to the trees. Not because he had intended to socialize with her. It was the blast orb that had gone up to her in a friendly manner. Not him.

He paused at the sound of fire. Like the rift he was oddly in tune with the sensation of magic. It filled the air and left a metallic taste upon his tongue. He turned to face her as she charged, her body aflame. Despite having a flaming woman bearing down upon him, the stallion remained still. Like a stone gargoyle with its head bowed, horns ready to pierce. He was certain that he was going to be hit by the mare and he tensed. He was ready. If she was going to slam into him she would impale herself on his horns. But he remained ready to rear back should she lash out with her hooves instead. But as quickly as the mare's fury flared, it vanished. For the first time that day, a look crossed the stallion's face. Confusion. First she is trying to attack him, now she was apologizing. His ears pinned back in uncertainty. Had he really done something to anger her so? He did not recall making any rude noises or body gestures towards her. Nor did he expect her to take his disinterest in her so personally. Yet he felt that he had done something wrong...

With a heavy sigh he straightened, his head cocking again. Though antisocial, he was not entirely unkind. "I upset you." He final spoke. His rich voice flowing off of his lips. Though he had intended to come across as understanding, it sounded more like a statement then anything. Certainly nothing close to an apology on his part. But he was still trying to figure out what the heck was expected of him here. He just wanted to get to the jungle. He didn't want to make friends or even meet anyone today. Yet now he had infuriated a mare that possessed fire magic. Go figure. "Sorry." He finally said, figuring that that was the best course of action. She was apologizing to him after reacting the way she had. He should offer the same since he was not an easy creature to get along with.

Though he would not change and thought it rather silly that someone could get so insulted by being ignored. Instead of turning his back on her again, he did something very odd. He spoke again. "The beach becomes dangerously hot." he turned, walking along the outline of the trees. He kept his head turned so he could watch her out of the corner of his eye. Just in case she came after him again. He walked a few more paces before pausing to look back at her. "Unless you enjoy baking in the sun, you'd best find water and shelter in the jungle." The shade and fresh water was located within the jungle, not out here on the beach where the sand stuck to your fur and found its way into the most uncomfortable of places. His apology and good deed done for the day, he began moving again. Still very aware of the mare and her location as he made his way into the jungle where fresh water lay. After his trek across the ocean to get here, he was mighty thirsty.

talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com

(He speaks! O.O)

Messages In This Thread
Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 08:44 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 10:10 PM