This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Gift of God
Open Floating Key  Birthing Thread for Aei'ith
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
Most equine not gifted with wings tended to avoid the floating island. Unwilling to make the arduous swim out towards the lonesome key. Making it the perfect place for Ruwin to escape to when he wanted to be alone. Though the swim was made all the more difficult with his useless, metal wings. Malspira plant aided the stallion in his travels towards the island. Why swim when you can travel beneath the sea. One did have to be wary of the beasts that live within its depths, however the native was quite adept at navigating a more shallow section of the sea in order to reach the key. The light of hope that bobbed before him served to light his path in the dark depths of the ocean. So this thing was actually useful for something after all.

Body slick with water, the stallion emerged from the sea. Well tones muscles flexed and coiled beneath his shinning pelt as it clung to his body. His mane clung to the side of his neck like withered vines while his tail attempted to do the same with his hind legs as he walked. Tossing his head to rid his eyes of the hair that obstructed his view the native plowed through the sand towards the forest. As he walked a form came into view. Her uttered a quiet curse under his breath as he recognized the outline of another horse. He had no desire to socialize today and he turned to move away. He had not been noticed yet, he could slip away undetected. But his piece of hope had other ideas. It shot forward. Rushing towards the mare in an flurry of light as it honed in other the other being who possessed her own orb of light. Again the stallion breathed a curse. He had no hope of escaping unnoticed now. Yet he kept walking, unwilling to make nice even though his little light wanted him to. He was the type that fought against anything and anyone that tried to force him to do something he didn't want to.

With any luck the other horse would go about their own business and let him be. The sun glinted off of his metal wings as water formed into droplets upon their smooth surface. In the heat of the sun Ruwin's pelt began to steam as the Sorch tried to sap every ounce of moisture from his very being. He regarded it with little more that a flick of his ear. Having been born in the rift he had developed a surprising tolerance for the extremes the weather tended to take. Bearing them with the same amount of stoic grumpiness anyone can muster. Though he knew much of his world, he was not inclined to go sharing his wisdom with the newbies. If the mare was looking for a willing horse to answer her every question or just keep her company, she was out of luck.

talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com

@Aurelia (Good luck!)

Messages In This Thread
Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 08:44 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 10:10 PM