This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Eyes in the Dark
RP Wanted The Portal 
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
He never showed her any emotion. Any sign that she had indeed bothered him. But as she pressed harder he began to feel flustered. He was never one to push or harm a mare. Always respectful of the opposite sex, even when they were as frustratingly pushy as this one. Her actions were all in jest. He knew that every word, every move was aimed to get some form of reaction from him. She held no true affections for him. Yet he was the only one he ever saw her treat in such a manner. So upfront. So touchy feely as she threw herself onto him. He burned within at the embarrassment and childishness of it all. But outwardly, nothing changed. He ducked his head when she nibbled at his ear. A frown briefly touching his face when he was sure she could not see it. Had she not taken notice of the stranger and stepped away when she did he would have moved further away, forcing her to right herself or fall flat on her face. He did not care, she was irritating.

Instead he remained where he stood as the mare addressed the stranger. Her tones were playful and silken, as they always were. But much more reserved. She would not pester or toy with this stallion like she did with him. In a way he was grateful to the other for butting in. It saved him from further torment. The other was a drab coat, as the native would call him. Possessing no curious mutations bestowed upon them by the rift. Of course, he was quite plain compared to many who had resided within these lands for so long. He counted himself rather lucky. He had no desire to end up like miss sparkly pelt over there. As K'yarie spoke Watcher felt the cold touch of the Rift. It was not a new sensation and he had grown quite numb its touch. Yet something did feel subtly different. It felt more hungry and it made him wary. But such misgivings remained hidden deep within himself. His ears perked forward when the stallion gave them his name. The Watcher always felt rather funny about giving out one's true name. For him, names had power and he had never been keen on simply sharing his with others. Yet very few shared his beliefs about the importance of a name and threw their own around without a second thought. It was why he did not offer his own name when the other introduced himself. He cared little if the other thought him rude. He only cared to be on his way. talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
Eyes in the Dark - by Ruwin - 12-02-2017, 10:26 PM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by K'yarie - 12-03-2017, 03:32 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Raein - 12-04-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Ruwin - 12-04-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by K'yarie - 12-04-2017, 04:26 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Raein - 12-06-2017, 05:15 AM