This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
it's in the smoke and pouring fatigue.
Open Tar Pits 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
The soft colors of the morning sky slowly give way to a vibrant, cloudless blue.  The sun travels steadily across the sky, but Roscorro remains asleep.

The moonlit girl remains laying in the sand beside her companion.  Long ago, hours maybe, his tail had come to wrap around her.  Taivas welcomed the warmth afforded by her friend's body, making no attempt to unwind the limb from her own side.  Even as the behemoth scooted closer, surrounding her small figure, she remains a statue, still and silent.  Her dark eyes keep a vigilant watch on their surroundings while he sleeps, but otherwise, naught by the wind rustles and stirs as the dragonboy breathes easy in the realm of dreams.

Another mare may have been embarrassed by the way Roscorro latched to her, like a foal to its mother, while he slept.  However, Taivas has never been one to embarrass easily, if at all.  She feels no flutter in her heart from the nearness of another, no youthful rush of adrenaline.  Instead, she looks at her current position as simply a caretaker, a friend.  Thinking back to Waker, she acted similar; starting a fire and laying down near him, though certainly not anywhere near as close.

So, when her friend begins to regain his consciouness, mind reaching back into reality and out of the fog of dreams, she cannot really understand his motivation to literally hurl himself away.  As the giant labors to loose himself from her side, Taivas patiently waits until she can move her limbs freely - the front legs previously supporting his head.

The mare pushes onto her knees, feeling the ache of her joints caused by such a long period of immobility.  Her limbs prickle and quiver for a few moments before she can right herself, standing for a moment before shaking loose the sand from her pelt.

She glances down, starry eyes catching on a clawed paw hardly covering the boy's face below.  His voice stammers out an apology - one he shouldn't offer, since she does not even understand what he could feel sorry about.  "You needn't apologize," she says calmly, voice flat as ever.  Her face remains passive and still, and she turns her gaze out over the bubbling mess of the Tar Pits.

"How do you feel?"

She doesn't ask how he got into his former state, for she may be kind but still reserved.  Also, there was a part deep within telling her that dredging up his emotional stress would only serve to worsen his mood and probably her own.  Best to leave things unsaid.
When I turn jet black, and you show off your light
I live to let you shine
Taivas

[ ooc - Taivas has no idea what is happening lol. ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: it's in the smoke and pouring fatigue. - by Taivas - 12-13-2017, 08:46 PM