This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
FOUND FIRES;
Open Kingdom of Halyven 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
Korri began to speak and I pivoted slightly to face him, ears perked forward and taking in all that he had to say. I nodded along with the ebb and flow of the small stallion’s voice to show that I was paying attention. As I’d suspected, Korri had indeed bumped into Baal at the portal. She was not from around here. I was slightly disappointed by that fact, but only because I knew that talking to a native would provide me with more information about the Rift and the creatures in it. Sure, I’d lived here awhile, traveled from place to place, but this was such a vast world that it was not nearly enough time to learn what I wanted. Nevertheless, on the bright side of things, I was certain that Baal would make a valuable addition to the herd. We needed all the able bodies that we could get. And if the mare wanted to join our ranks, there was no way in hell that I’d say no. “Good.” I responded when Korri had finished speaking and Baal had confirmed the truth in his words, offering the pegasus a look of approval. 

The newcomer seemed to be here to stay, so that what why I was so caught off guard by her next words. She wanted to leave the Rift? I felt a pang of pity for her, for unlike most of us, she must have had a home that she actually wanted to return to. Little did she know, the Rift was her home now - it was all of our homes now, and sooner or later, everyone came to accept that fact. “I’d love to help you return home...” I began slowly, trying to think of the best way to deliver the news to her. Because I’d only known Baal for a few minutes, there was no telling how she might react. My smile faded away into a frown. “However, I’m afraid it isn’t possible. There’s no leaving the Rift, not that anyone’s found. We’re all here to stay.” It sounded like a lovely life she’d had, and it was truly a shame that she’d never get back to it. She didn’t seem troubled, but something told me that she must have been, even though she showed no signs of it. I didn’t blame her. I probably would have been too. At first glance, the Rift didn’t seem like an ideal place to settle down, but as time passed I’d gotten used to it, and even come to enjoy living here. I wouldn’t trade the relationships I’d formed for anything. I’d be nothing without them. My mouth opened, forming an ‘O’ shape as if I was going to say something more, but the words seemed to be caught in my throat, and nothing came out. My green gaze raised to her face, trying to gauge her reaction to what I’d said, wondering what her response would be. 

@Korri @Baal
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
FOUND FIRES; - by Korri - 06-19-2018, 03:56 AM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Baal - 06-20-2018, 05:56 PM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Rixen - 06-20-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Korri - 06-21-2018, 02:44 AM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Baal - 06-21-2018, 09:32 PM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Rixen - 06-22-2018, 07:44 AM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Korri - 06-23-2018, 12:07 AM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Baal - 06-25-2018, 04:12 PM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Rixen - 06-27-2018, 04:10 AM