This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting]
Open Kingdom of Halyven 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
These are hard times
These are hard times for dreamers
Today was the day - the day of our first herd meeting. At last, Roscorro and I had called all of the horses in the herd to gather before us. After some previous discussion, we’d decided that in order to function as a herd should, the herd would need some sort of ranking system to be implemented. Each horse would need a specific job and task, so that they might contribute to Halyven in a way that would suit their skills best. 

I stood beside Roscorro at the head of the group of horses that were slowly emerging from among the spires. Though he towered over me, I was no less imposing of a creature. My head was held high, hair cascading down the elegant arch of my neck, and my eyes glittered with an almost childish fervor at what was soon to come. We had waited for this moment for a long time, and our moment had finally arrived. 

Though I was not sure that we were doing the right thing, it was a step in a direction. Perhaps not necessarily the right direction, but a direction nonetheless. That, and it seemed I’d never be one-hundred percent sure of anything that I did in the Rift. And that left me with one choice: to act, and cling to the belief that somehow, somewhere along the line, something good would come of it. Of course, I wanted only the best for my herd, and the knowledge that it could not be guaranteed gnawed away at me from the inside, but there was little that could be done to alleviate it. Not yet. We’d agreed on one key point: establishing order within the herd was imperative, or the city would never be repaired. I just hoped that what we’d come up with would last, and would not raise any conflicts among our people. It shouldn’t, but the possibility was always there. 

Any rays of self-doubt within me did not leak onto my features. I suspected Roscorro might feel the same way as myself, but if he did, he too did an effective job of hiding it and maintaining his cheerful, yet calm stature. Neither of us could believe that Hope had made us the leaders of this herd, but the reality was quickly sinking in as we realized that there was much to be done, and with Freeze quickly settling upon us, there was little time to do it. The time to act was now. And so we did, for the sake of the herd.  

"Thank you all for coming," My voice resonated rich and deep throughout the clearing, "Roscorro and I have decided that in order to more effectively divide up duties among us, we will need to establish a ranking system within the herd. And I think that we can all agree that it doing so will be immensely beneficial to creating a livable home here. We have settled on a few key roles, but we have left room to create more if need be." I began, looking over to Roscorro to make sure that he was in agreement with everything that I was saying. Then my gaze floated back to the gathering crowd, where it spotted many familiar faces, searching for signs of approval. "To protect the herd, and our borders, we will need horses who are capable and willing to be our strength, to learn to fight. We will need some of you that are interested in learning the trade of crafting to begin fortifying the city walls. For those of you who prefer to contribute to the herd more peacefully, we will need horses to learn the ways of healing so that they may aid the sick or the wounded. And we will need messengers, to carry our voice to parts of the Rift near and far." As I gave an overview of the various ranks that would need to be filled, it occured to me that it might be wise to ask for volunteers first, rather than beginning by dealing out ranks right away. "I encourage you to speak up if you believe that you skills would be suited to a particular rank." I added at last, waiting to see if any one of the horses standing before me would give a response. Simultaneously, one silver-tipped ear flicked back toward my fellow leader, listening for Roscorro's voice to fill in any missing gaps and add onto what I'd said.

"talk"

And love lost believers
Rixen

@Roscorro :D
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Roscorro - 06-02-2018, 09:11 PM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Korri - 06-02-2018, 09:45 PM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Rixen - 06-03-2018, 04:44 AM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Kiada - 06-04-2018, 11:22 PM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Eira - 06-06-2018, 12:12 AM
RE: Family Duties [Open Herd Meeting] - by Kyros - 06-07-2018, 07:58 AM