This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
you look like yourself
Open Halyven  Korri's joining post!
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

I was alerted to the arrival of a newcomer by a familiar bird: it was Khairi, the bearded vulture who was bonded to Kiada. At first I had been worried that there was trouble, but I was easily reassured that there was none when he asked me to meet Kiada at the city’s entrance. Perhaps I was even a bit excited, not only to see Kiada, but to greet the weary wanderer that she had brought in. With swift movements, my body turned in the direction of the gates behind Khairi, who coasted easily on the cool breeze overhead. How strange it felt, to be called upon to formally accept a stranger into our herd. It was an honor and a privilege. My past experience living in a herd had been nothing like this. For the most part, it had been... anarchy. Was this one of the duties of a herd leader? I supposed that I ought to get used to it. Not that doing so would be any trouble. 

The sound of voices told me that I was nearing them, and with a final turn around the corner of a pile of crumbled marble, I made my entrance into the clearing where they stood. "Khairi called me." With a heavy breath, I first addressed Kiada, offering the gilded mare a smile and a dip of my antlers, before turning in the direction of Roscorro, my friend and fellow leader. "Although it appears Roscorro beat me to the punch." The words were accompanied by a lighthearted laugh and another gesture to the large, dragon-scaled stallion. Truly, I was glad to see him there so that we could welcome the newcomer together.

Then, I turned to the stranger. He was far shorter than myself, a very pale colored pegasus decorated with hues of glittering gold. "Greetings. I am Rixen the Vine King. I am a leader of this herd alongside Roscorro." My tone was rich and warm, means of indirectly telling the newcomer that he would be welcome here and that he should not be afraid. Yet I could hardly believe what I was saying myself. It was still surreal, though my body followed the motions easily, without too much thinking on it. Like it had done this a thousand times over. Pivoting my grullo-blue and white frame in his direction, I stretched my neck out, lowering my head toward the small stallion upon making my inquiry, "And who might you be?"

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Roscorro @Kiada @Korri <33
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
you look like yourself - by Kiada - 06-01-2018, 04:50 AM
RE: you look like yourself - by Korri - 06-01-2018, 03:30 PM
RE: you look like yourself - by Roscorro - 06-01-2018, 08:13 PM
RE: you look like yourself - by Rixen - 06-01-2018, 09:30 PM
RE: you look like yourself - by Kiada - 06-02-2018, 02:15 AM