This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
for she had eyes but saw little
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

Then I saw him. The inky figure appeared from thin air, and now he was here, standing before me again in the pouring rain. He was the stallion who left the meeting; the stallion who, for reasons unbeknownst to me, did not want to share in our home. He ran, and I had not followed him. I’d wanted to, but something within me held me back. It was like there were heavy stones tied to my hooves, weighing them down because they knew that to follow the stallion would be fruitless. Some beings were not meant to be tied down to any one place. My sister had been that way - free as a bird who could not go against the call within her, the call that she was born with. Maybe she could not deny the powerful feeling of galloping into the wind or the free feeling of kicking her legs high at the swirling sky. Maybe that was the reason why, following one fateful day, I never saw her again. Perhaps the man who stared back at me through two dark, doe-like lenses was one such horse, and at the end of the day I knew that there was nothing I could do or say to convince him to stay. 

I still didn’t know his name. Did anyone? Come to think of it, I did not know the sound of his voice, for I had never heard him utter a word. Despite having encountered the ebony stallion on several previous occasions, his voice had never graced my ears. He had never spoken before in my presence, not even when he fled the meeting. This led me to wonder whether I would now find answers. But how could he communicate any of this without a voice? Or did he have one, and simply decide not to make it known? I’d noticed him open his mouth upon seeing me, as if to say something, but the act of speaking both started and stopped there. Overall, I was left feeling very confused by the stranger, and there was little indication as to how he felt toward me. One thing was for sure, and that was that he seemed kind. His eyes were filled with a kindness that seemed so gentle and genuine, so endless: as vast as the sea. He seemed not to be a creature of mal-intent, even if the reasons behind the man’s actions were not obvious to the naked eye, but enshrouded in layer upon layer of time and mystery that one day might be unravelled. Such things could not be forced. 

We stood for what felt like a long time, looking at each other, both drenched in rain. My ebony and alabaster mane was plastered to my neck, so that every muscle and curvature was visible, my waterlogged forelock hung over my face, just above my right eye. The cold of the wind and the water on my body seemed to be forgotten. My green gaze was focused ahead, and I did not miss the man opposite me shift back on his haunches, as if he were doubting the situation before him. We were even. I did not know what to think of him anymore. He did not know what to think of me.

The stallion’s gesture toward Aurelia broke my train of thought, reminding me that she was still there, lying on the same muddied ground as our hooves. Her coat was dark now, from all of the rain and the debris that had clung onto it and muted what should have been a pristine snow-colored white. All that remained were flecks of gold that were able to shine through the soiled fur, and the blazing golden suns that were her eyes. Though it could be said that on this particular day, there were clouds that blotted out their light. I was standing close by now, but not so close that my figure was looming over the mare. Instead, I had assumed a position that left some distance between the three of us, just in case. 

Upon first seeing me, Aurelia offered seldom more than a simple dip of acknowledgement. Then the pegasus rose to her legs, and with what appeared to be a somewhat forced smile, introduced herself to the midnight-hued stallion. She then proceeded to explain herself, but went no further in depth than citing a “rough day” for her circumstances. Her voice trailed off as the sentence ended, so that by the final word the sound was no more than a whisper in the pouring rain. Fortunately, I could use my imagination to finish the sentence. That, and she certainly looked the part. She looked as gloomy as the day, and it instilled within me a pity for the mare. "I am glad to discover that you are alright. I was worried that, you know... something had happened." I paused, then resumed with what I perceived to be the more important question. "Are you okay? Given what you've said, you must not really be, but- I had to ask." The concern is audible in my voice and internally I scrambled to think of the right thing to say. How could she be consoled, if at all? "This is not the sort of weather to be out and about, and far less ideal for lying down in." Once more I began gently, my gaze shifting from the stallion to Aurelia and then back again. I was not sure what to say to him, but likewise it would be rude not to greet him. "Hello. I did not imagine we'd be meeting again so soon." I addressed him with a tip of my antlers, not knowing what to expect in response. 

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Aurelia @Seiji
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
for she had eyes but saw little - by Aurelia - 05-09-2018, 07:41 PM
RE: for she had eyes but saw little - by Rixen - 05-10-2018, 06:37 AM
RE: for she had eyes but saw little - by Seiji - 05-11-2018, 12:06 AM
RE: for she had eyes but saw little - by Aurelia - 05-12-2018, 02:06 AM
RE: for she had eyes but saw little - by Rixen - 05-14-2018, 02:55 AM