This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
for she had eyes but saw little
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

It was a dreary day - the very kind you picture when someone would describe the day with such a word. The skies were a dark, sullen gray. Like ashes left over from some strange sky-fire. The soil beneath my hooves was damp, serving as a reminder of the rain that had come and gone, and would be sure to show its face again. The air was cold, cold enough to make my skin tingle more and more with each passing moment. A biting zephyr wove between the trees, stretching tall above me, so tall that the tips of their branches were not visible from where I stood on the ground below. The arms were reaching for the sun, but there was no sun today.

Everything was quiet. Even the gusts of air made little sound as they passed by. Melancholy as they were, in a way, my surroundings were almost… peaceful. I breathed in the earthy, wet forest scent, and it was almost like a drug. The smell had a pacifying effect on me, and somehow, as it entered my nostrils each muscle throughout my body relaxed slightly. For once in what seemed like a very long time, my mind was empty. It felt like a vast, empty space. The kind of space where something should belong. Thoughts should fit there, precisely as puzzle pieces, and yet there were none. As always, there were many things to think about, but sometimes it was nice to think of nothing at all. And because the opportunity had presented itself, that was what I did. Thinking was just too exhausting. Instead, I simply took in the Rainforest Cliffs, enjoying the beauty of nature as it was. 

As if the world around me was not dull enough, rain began to fall. It fell slowly at first. I felt the fat, wet drops landing on my face, my shoulders, my back, and my rump. Upon making contact with my blue-gray pelt, they left little dark spots as they sunk into the fur. Joining together, the beads of water washed over me in a delicate cascade of trickles. As the rain began to fall faster, the canvas that was my body became covered in these spots, until there were so many that my dampened sides were a darker color altogether. The droplets settled into a rhythm, falling in heavy waves, as if gravity was a soft music from the earth, a sweet beckoning serenade.

The sky wept, although I knew not what for. 

Then, I spotted a figure among the trees and the gloom. Though sitting on the ground with her wings tucked into her sides, the mare was not difficult to miss, given her pale complexion, which stood out against the forest’s muted colors. Her golden accents glimmered in the rain, even as the dirt was loosened by the water and mud splashed up against them, threatening to mask their vibrant color. Instinctively, I turned toward the pegasus, my hooves sloshing through what had become thick, slushy mud. When I was within earshot, I called out, raising my voice above the downpour. "Aurelia?" Her name came out as a gentle question, despite there being little doubt in my mind regarding the mare’s identity. Her head was down, with each limb pulled close, almost like a cat curled up in a deep sleep. Aurelia was very much awake, though she moved little. Sadness seemed to hang in the air around her, though I was not yet close enough to make out her ever feature and affirm my assumption of the woman's mood. I continued to approach slowly, unsure of whether or not she wanted me there, or whether I was intruding on a private moment. 

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

Aaaand I lied about posting tomorrow. Here is a post <3 @Aurelia
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
for she had eyes but saw little - by Aurelia - 05-09-2018, 07:41 PM
RE: for she had eyes but saw little - by Rixen - 05-10-2018, 06:37 AM
RE: for she had eyes but saw little - by Seiji - 05-11-2018, 12:06 AM
RE: for she had eyes but saw little - by Aurelia - 05-12-2018, 02:06 AM
RE: for she had eyes but saw little - by Rixen - 05-14-2018, 02:55 AM