This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
» the calm before the storm
Open Blood Falls 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
Rixen
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions;
I didn’t know where to begin, but I was glad when Roscorro proposed a plan. I didn’t know if his suggestion would work. In fact, I didn’t see how it could. Like Taivas said, it would require more effort and strength than even all of us had combined. Yet I was not opposed to at least trying, for at least trying to build up the banks and control the gushing blood-like waters would be better than standing back and doing nothing at all. More and more horses gathered around us, and with their arrival came an increasing reassurance that we would be able to help the falls, provided we could all work together. 

Kiada had arrived here shortly after I had. The golden girl made haste to step forward and examine the situation thoroughly through her bright blue orbs, and when she’d reached some kind of unknown conclusion about the falls which was not yet clear to myself or anyone else, she proceeded to state that she knew this place. It was called the Blood Falls, the place where she was born. Kiada was born… in Helovia? Which meant that, like Halyven, this place also must’ve been ripped to the Rift at some point in time. Perhaps that had something to do with the raging, violent waters that cascaded down the cliffside and crashed forcefully into the pool below, like hungry jaws waiting to clamp down on an unlucky victim who dared to wander between the rows of gleaming incisors. Kiada was right, though. Something had to be done.    

As I looked around, it was clear that everyone shared the same feelings of puzzlement. We all stood before the hungry crimson flow in silence, staring, trying to think of some way to help the strange bear god who was trapped within. After a few moments, Kiada stepped forward with a  flaming branch gripped between her jaws. She touched it to the water, hoping that doing so might have a calming effect on the turbulent tide. However, the water was quick to retaliate upon being touched, lashing back and splashing Valkyrie, who had wandered fairly close to the water’s edge. Above the thundering of the falls, a voice could be heard. It was the voice of the bear, and he commanded us to fix the river. Thankfully, he offered us a means of doing so: build a dam. His faint outline became more discernible against the swiftly flowing background, watching, waiting for us to make a first move. 

Upon seeing Seiji move in Roscorro’s direction and give the dragon-stallion a nudge, Kiada seemed to catch on to what the mute suggested we do. As I realized what the midnight-hued stallion was suggesting, I provided him with the voice that he did not seem to possess at present. "Everyone, help us move these rocks! We can at least try to form a barrier with them." I was forced to shout over the noise of the falls. As I did so, I used the strength Vourib had gifted me to move several rocks in the direction of the overflowing pool with my forelegs and add them to Kiada’s pile. On my other side, Roscorro began to move a combination of mud and stones together, molding them into a barrier to hold back the water. "Good thinking." I nodded in agreement with a grunt, shoveling some mud into the pile with my snout, hoping it would hold.

"TALK HERE"

{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
» the calm before the storm - by Rift Presence - 03-29-2018, 03:40 AM
RE: » the calm before the storm - by Rixen - 03-29-2018, 04:18 AM
RE: » the calm before the storm - by Taivas - 03-30-2018, 05:43 PM
RE: » the calm before the storm - by Aurelia - 03-31-2018, 12:08 AM
RE: » the calm before the storm - by Rixen - 04-01-2018, 01:12 AM
RE: » the calm before the storm - by Roscorro - 04-01-2018, 06:57 PM
RE: » the calm before the storm - by Taivas - 04-01-2018, 07:37 PM
RE: » the calm before the storm - by Seiji - 04-06-2018, 05:28 AM
RE: » the calm before the storm - by Kiada - 04-07-2018, 05:10 AM