This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The cripple walks when the moon is shining
Trial Green Labyrinth 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

"It’s nice to meet you, Roscorro. Strangely, I do feel as though I’ve seen you somewhere before." I said somewhat awkwardly, knowing that something was not quite right but being unable to figure out exactly what it was. "The Matron…? You fell from the sky?" In a softer voice laced with puzzlement, I muttered under my breath, trying to register exactly who that was. A frown spread across my lips when no answer came to mind after my efforts. It was quite possibly the most frustrating feeling. When the frustration built up and I thought I might explode, the temporary cure was a deep breath. I wanted to shout, have a tantrum and beat my hooves against the earth like a child. Of course, that was against my better nature, and I did no such thing.

Roscorro seemed amused at my questions, though the reason why was unbeknownst to me. I certainly couldn’t remember any of those things happening before. Nevertheless, I continued to plot along through the bamboo beside the giant creature, surprised at how friendly he was considering his sharp teeth, spiked spine, and overall intimidating appearance. He did not seem threatening, and therefore I saw no reason not to accept his company. 

As it turned out, he was not from the Rift, or at least not this part, and he did not know what a palubov tusk looked like, either. How was I supposed to find one now? My hopes sunk, and I tried to decide what my next move should be. There was no harm in continuing to search for one, at least for a little while, while the weather was suitable. 

At Roscorro’s question, I smiled. I was glad he asked, because that was the one thing that I could remember. The one question in all of the Rift that I seemed to possess the answer to. "I believe so. The Rift sent me here, although I do not know why." I confessed, thoughtfulness trickling into my speech. A silence fell between us for several moments as we continued toward some unknown destination. All the while, my mind whirred, gears turning so loud that it was surprising their clanking didn’t fill the whole forest. Amidst the works, a distant voice that was perhaps another Riftian entity compelled me to shatter the quiet. This stranger can help you. We haven’t all day! At last, I blurted out, "You seem to be the benevoltent sort. Would you help me look?"

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Roscorro
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
RE: When the moon is shining the cripple becomes hungry for a walk - by Rixen - 03-30-2018, 05:32 AM