This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The cripple walks when the moon is shining
Trial Green Labyrinth 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

"Hello!" I responded, smiling at the dragon-like creature. I knew he was familiar. We’d met somewhere before. At the same time, though, I could not quite place his name. "Not at all, feel free to join me. Company is something you can never have enough of here in the Rift." I paused, making a last, fatal attempt to recount who it was that I was talking to. But it was no use, and so I was forced to cave in and ask. "If you don’t mind my asking, who are you again? And how do you know my name?" I tried to word my questions in the politest way possible, lest he be offended that I’d forgotten who he was. It troubled me to know that his identity was so close, yet so far away. His name was on the tip of my tongue, ready to be spoken, but for some reason I could not speak it. Was this the doing of the Rift? 

Despite not clearly remembering who he was, I saw no reason not to tell him why I was here, in the Green Labyrinth. What was the worst that could happen? Perhaps he’d help me, if he could see past my forgetfulness. It was very strange that all of a sudden I could not remember things, faces. I’d never been a forgetful creature, at least not that I knew of. "I wish I could say that." I smiled sadly in his direction, shaking my head. The Green Labyrinth was a beautiful place, and I’d love to spend hours admiring the intricately formed bamboo maze. Today was a nice day, too. The sun was shining, and its yellow beams filtered down through the treetops, casting everything in a warm glow. But that was not why I’d come to this place today. "I’m actually looking for a palubov tusk… The problem is, I’m not entirely sure what one looks like." I’d never seen a palubov before. Perhaps my companion could offer up some idea as to what one looked like or where such a beast might be found. The forest was quiet, save for the occasional singsong-y chirps of the birds. There was no obvious trace of any other animals wandering here aside from ourselves.

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Roscorro
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
RE: When the moon is shining the cripple becomes hungry for a walk - by Rixen - 03-25-2018, 06:49 PM