This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
body ache
Open Siren's Summit 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

I let out a deep sigh. Which felt good, in the way that deep sighs do. It’s a sigh of… well, I didn’t know what kind of sigh it was. Other things, things that weren’t sighs, were what often occupied my thoughts. It was a nice, sunny day and perhaps that was the reason behind my heavy exhalation - relief as some invisible weight was lifted off of my chest by the warm summer afternoon. 

Poking above the dark green tips of the pine trees was the massive, dark shape of the volcano on the other side of the Siren’s Summit, just visible from where I stood. It lay craggy against the bright blue sky, like a giant, ticking time bomb. Except there was no timer, no red wire or green. And the real question was not if, at some point it would erupt, but when. You’d never know when it might rain lava and rock for miles, if the mountain would destroy everything that lived below it. But I was not too concerned, because there were so many other thoughts that occupied my mind. Whenever I had a moment to myself, I was always thinking about healing the Rift - what I could do, and how it could be done. Like anyone who lived surrounded by constant danger and uncertainty, I learned to put distant worries like whether the volcano would erupt today out of my mind, and focus on the tasks at hoof. 

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a winged figure dart through the sky (or was he falling?) toward the ground. The shape was close enough that I could make out features I’d seen around the Rift before, namely long hair, scaly legs, and large spikes running down his spine. Before I could tell whether he meant to be flying that way or if he was just really clumsy, he disappeared below the line of trees. Feeling the need to investigate and see whether or not the stallion was okay, I immediately picked up a brisk pace and made my way in the direction I’d seen him fly. 

When I stepped through the trees and into the open, I saw to my relief that the stallion, whose name I did not know, seemed to be perfectly find. Standing before him was another stallion, Waker, whose name I knew but who I had never formally met. So there I was, unsure whether or not I’d interrupted their conversation, and unable to turn back even if I wanted to because I was standing right in front of both of them. To be honest, though, I did not want to turn back. I was rather glad to see both of them there, on the lip of the Summit, because now I had to opportunity to properly introduce myself. "My apologies, I didn’t mean to interrupt. But hello there, I don’t believe we’ve formally met before. Though I do remember seeing both of you around." I addressed both with a warm smile and a polite dip of my antlered head.  

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

Throwing Rixen in to meet your boys, hope you don't mind! :D
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
body ache - by Waker - 02-18-2018, 02:21 PM
RE: body ache - by Roscorro - 02-18-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: body ache - by Rixen - 02-20-2018, 05:28 AM
RE: body ache - by Waker - 02-23-2018, 04:19 PM
RE: body ache - by Roscorro - 03-11-2018, 09:55 PM