This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Time Changes All
Open Halyven 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

As the saying goes, change is the only constant. The one guarantee in life is that things do not forever stay the same. For that, Entropy, is to blame. As the gradual wearing down of a being, system or machine, it is the force that prevents anything from staying the same or continuing to function on the same level for too long. In order for the world to survive, endure, or continue to function, changes had to be made. Sometimes they were good. Other times, not so much. Personally, I held the belief that it was all for a reason, perhaps one greater than any sentient being could know. 

Change was how I came to end up in the Rift. And undoubtedly, I was a different horse then. Tomorrow I'd probably be different from who I was today. Thinking into the future, I almost looked forward to finding out who that would become. Things becoming different, even if every so often, was simply inevitable, and therefore the reality had to be embraced. As I grew, I came to accept the idea that change happened no matter how much I might try to prevent it. It simply could not be stopped. Kind of like how every living thing aged a little bit each day, hour by hour, until the very end when nature finally finished running its course. It was a grim analogy, but nevertheless true. Life was change. I never stayed the same and neither did the world I lived in; everything around me was constantly in motion, whether or not I made myself aware of it. I used to not like change. But now, after all I'd experienced, I could not help but appreciate it. 

Who knew exactly what brought be back to Halyven on this particular day. I couldn't place it myself, and yet I kept coming back. It had been two or three times now, at least. Perhaps it was my fascination with the crumbling spires, the piles of stone scattered here and there like carcasses of the once towering spires. Or maybe I had been drawn back here because I wanted to inspect the ruins more closely, so that I might be able to learn how to go about repairing them. Maybe it would help cure the Rift somehow. The third possibility was that my cause for returning was a combination of both aforementioned reasons. That must have been it. My interest in learning more about Halyven, combined with my partialness to the city that had been born the day I'd first set hoof between the stone-grey walls. As anyone who inquired on the subject well knew, I was not afraid to admit my fondness of this strange, strange place. Walking slowly among the stones, I weighed the possibility of me being the only one here, wondering whether I might happen upon someone else. The sun was shining, after all.

There was probably about a fifty-fifty chance that I wasn't alone. Sure enough, as my hooves carried me around one massive pile of ruins that was once a spire, my emerald gaze fell upon a stranger. He was a rugged looking stallion who stood at about the same height as myself. Protruding from his forehead and snout were two gleaming and extremely sharp looking horns. He had a lean build, dusty brown coat, with a darker face and legs. His neck was adorned by a lighter-colored mane that was quite thick and wild as the jungle, untamable and unruly. What distinguished the unicorn from any other horse I had seen before were the blue tattoos that decorated his face, neck, shoulders, and rump. I wondered if there was meaning behind them. Maybe he'd care to explain. 

"Hello!" He probably hadn't seen me yet, but I called out anyway. My voice rang out with a pleasant tone, echoing off the heaps of ruins that surrounded me. The spires, or what was left of them, were beautiful in an archaic sort of way, and being among them put me in a pleasant mood. "Who are you? I haven't seen you around here before." In an effort to appear more approachable, I took a few steps in the stallion's direction, waiting to see what his response would be. 

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Time Changes All - by Ruwin - 01-29-2018, 03:32 AM
RE: Time Changes All - by Rixen - 01-30-2018, 02:44 AM
RE: Time Changes All - by Ruwin - 01-30-2018, 05:27 AM
RE: Time Changes All - by Rixen - 02-03-2018, 05:52 PM
RE: Time Changes All - by Ruwin - 02-11-2018, 08:50 PM
RE: Time Changes All - by Rixen - 02-19-2018, 08:04 PM