This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The man on the mountain. [SWP]
Open The Pinnacle 
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
The loner hated riddles and puzzles. He preferred things plain, simple, and to the point. Mean what you say and say what you mean. No beating around the bush, sugar coating, or fluff. He regarded the Protector with a sideways glance, unsure why it had included him as it spoke about bringing it a ball of hope. He hadn't the slightest idea what it was talking about. Sirens, lakes, none of it. These two must have been up to something that involved all of this. Probably another scheme made up by the god Kisamoa. Well, he had no reason to be apart of it.

He certainly would not endeavor to answer the great being's challenge. He was an intelligent, but not in the way of riddles and word play. His gruff manner did little to lead anyone to believe otherwise. So when the shimmering mare stepped forward to offer her answer, he said nothing. Seemed plausible enough. But he wasn't going to puzzle it out like her. He wasn't not exactly sure why he stopped. Oh yeah, a giant being had addressed them in a voice that pounded in his head like a rockslide. Who wouldn't stop for that?

It did not take long for The Protector to reply that Taivas had been correct in her answer then offer another riddle. Ruwin merely twitched his ears, hadn't the mare already played this game. Or did the Protector intend for them all to answer him. He moved up next to the glowing mare, finding himself staying even though he cared little for what these two were trying to accomplish. Nor did he fancy himself capable of actually giving a correct answer to all of this nonsense. Still, he found himself pondering the riddle. He gave the starry eyed girl a sideways glance. "Is it hope?" He whispered so only she would hear. She seemed quite smart when it came to word play such as this.

It was not like him to hang around, but Aurelia was here and so he somehow felt obligated to remain and do what he could. Maybe it was because he watched over her while she birthed her daughter. Maybe he just felt like he owed it to the are for intruding upon such a private matter. Or perhaps the golden woman had wiggled her way behind his defenses, earning her a bit of warmth from the otherwise cold stallion. Either way, he had offered his two cents to the shinning Pegasus, what she did with it was her business. They were apparently supposed to share the ball of light with this riddle spouting mountain. Why? Because a patchwork god gave a ragtag group some glowing balls of hope, and told them to spread the around like party favors. It made a whole lot of sense, but what do you expect from the Rift?

talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com

Ruwin whispers his suggestion to @Taivas figuring that she is the leading authority on riddles here.
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D

Messages In This Thread
The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-15-2018, 04:48 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Aurelia - 01-18-2018, 03:43 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-18-2018, 05:38 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-18-2018, 09:48 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-21-2018, 10:50 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Pixel - 01-22-2018, 02:56 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-22-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-26-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-27-2018, 02:12 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-31-2018, 03:28 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 03-27-2018, 08:13 PM