This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
What are this?
Open The Pinnacle 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

"Wow." I listened to Otem interestedly, taking in all that she had to tell me about the land she came from. She spoke of herds and fighting and Gods who were able to move lands from world to world. Where I came from, such a thing was impossible. Otem reminded me of the evident power of Kisamoa, who was formed by these smaller Gods. Surely his magic was even stronger than all of the others combined. And what did he do with his power? Build giant walls for no apparent reason. On the bright side, now we could experience the thrills and joys of figuring said reasons out. Not to mention frustration. "Well, that would make sense." I agreed. The Gods probably returned with those lands, like she said. 

All the while, my thoughts wandered to the question of the wall. It was confusing at best, like everything about the Rift was. What was the wall made of? But more importantly, why was it here, and what did it serve to separate us from. I wished that someone could provide us with an answer. I'd be thinking about this strange structure for the next five hundred years if I didn't walk a way with some sort of answer today. Enough thinking about a wall - there were better things to trouble myself with. Though I wanted to do something to ease my intellectual appetite, I didn't know what I could do. One thing was certain: it was silly enough to be so perplexed by and focused on a simple thing such as a wall, yet here I was. There was nothing else to do but stare at it.

Otem didn’t answer me per se, but it was soon clear to me what the girl’s answer was. I watched as she stepped toward the black mass of a wall, holding my breath with uncertainty. Did she dare? She did. Otem was more brave than I. That notion embarrassed me a little, but she did not seem to view it that way, and the feeling disappeared rather quickly. As Otem drew closer, I contemplated what might happen the moment her body came into contact with the strange structure. Hopefully nothing terrible. I didn’t know what I would do if something happened. Pushing such negative thoughts away, I focused on observing whatever was to happen. Whatever it was might be noteworthy.

The wall seemed to give way as Otem stepped into it, leaving her orb behind. No, I’d say that the glowing orb chose to stay behind, possibly because it knew that it was a futile attempt to breach the barrier. For a moment I wondered if it was really a wall, and whether we had been able to simply pass right through all along. But soon it became evident that the swirling blackness was indeed solid. After a certain point, it rejected Otem’s body, forcing her backwards. She backed out slowly but nevertheless clumsily, emerging rump-first, followed by her barrel, wings, and horns, all deposited in a heap right next to me again. All I could do was look down at her and suppress a small chuckle, but I think my amusement was given away by my eyes. "Neither was I. I mean it would have been a pleasant surprise to find out that you could go through. Or the wall could have done something worse like injure you, which didn’t happen, fortunately. What I’m trying to say is-" I paused, searching for the right words. In part, I was glad of what had happened, even if it did not curb my profuse curiosity. "-that wasn’t the worst possible outcome. Although it still leaves us with many questions." The wall was kind of like a child who had eaten a vegetable, decided the texture wasn’t like cake, and spit it right back out again. That was the conclusion I came to after watching Otem test its permeability. By the way it had forced Otem back out, whatever stuff the wall was made up of appeared to be almost gelatinous or rubbery or elastic-y. Definitely a substance with a lot of rebound.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
What are this? - by Otem - 01-08-2018, 07:29 PM
RE: What are this? - by Rixen - 01-14-2018, 10:56 PM
RE: What are this? - by Otem - 01-15-2018, 05:22 PM
RE: What are this? - by Rixen - 01-15-2018, 08:49 PM
RE: What are this? - by Otem - 01-15-2018, 08:58 PM
RE: What are this? - by Rixen - 01-17-2018, 03:08 AM