This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Under the Sea
Open Ultima 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
The harsh look in the mare's face fades, and the shaman knows before she answers that the land was doomed.  However, the girl's expression does not seem to change, even as the graceless phrase confirming her suspicions slips from the velevt mouth of her company.  The answer is absolute and leaves no room for hope.  At least this explains why she never found the familiar home from the stories her mother had carefully woven.  She would never see the red sands and waves, nor the massive tree.  Deep in her chest, she feels a dampened sadness swell in her heart for her mother, but only nods along to the description and story of the fate.

"I see," is all she responds with, an equally flat tone to match her expression.  Aurelia needn't have softened the blow to her company, for Taivas had no personal connection with the land she pronounces as dead.  Even now, she has no way of telling her mother that all she remembered was lost to the Rift.

Even more than before, Taivas accepts her fate.  She cannot go home to the Fields, and now she understands that the land she sought was gone.
The Rift was her home now, for better or ill.

Aurelia goes on another rant, which she seems wont to do.  The shaman simply listens, still looking out at the ocean, absorbing the indirect ways her current companion tries to paint her the fool.  For all the energy the mare before her puts forth into looking for a solution to the Rift's predicament, Taivas cannot seem to make her understand the fundamentals of what she is saying.  Perhaps, the pegasus is a lost cause; it happens, from time to time, where a trainee cannot grasp the connection to the spirits.  They simply cannot learn the art, and they become artisans or starsingers solely.  Frankly, the girl grows weary of repeating herself to no effect.  She decides that maybe, she had been raised with a far different image of the world's inner workings.

So, she settles into another blank stare, the kind you might find on a mannequin, and looks at the salty tongued mare with a poor attitude and even poorer social skill set than the gentle-hearted shaman herself.  "I would tell you that you are wrong, but I fear that we simply disagree on our understanding of the world and shall never concur," she says as the last cursing demand is spat from the lips of a supposed lady.  "Perhaps, you would instead humor me for a bit longer without throwing venom in my face."

"This world brought life within it for a purpose," she says.  "Originally, I thought the Rift a hungry wolf supping on the energy and magic native within us all.  My connection to this world was dim, a flicker of my former strength."  She thinks back to the exhaustion she felt after healing minor wounds upon Waker's flesh, something that would have been effortless for her back home in the Fields.  "Yet, the more I attuned myself, grew to appreciate the world, to learn of its heartbeat and soul, the more it began to resonate within my soul."

Closing her eyes, she takes a deep breath.  "I feel the pulse of spirits beneath my hooves now, and while they are still meek, they grow stronger every day.  Begging the question, why would the realm steal away my power only to return it, if not to slowly heal its grievous wound?"  Opening them, she looks back to the girl before her.  "As we adjust, as we grow, as we learn, as we heal, as we create, so too does the Rift.  We are all one in the same.  If you do not believe that, you will never come to agree with me."

The mare turns, as if to leave, but turns her face to glance back at the golden pegasus.

Then, giving her a soft look to contrast the expression the golden mare wore as she was chastising her, Taivas attempts to inspire her one last time.  "You seem to believe that agents of chaos are evil forces in this world only capable of destruction.  Fire, the element of chaos, is capable of nurturing life and destroying it in equal parts, so which path would you choose?"

With that, the shaman begins plodding back along the path whence she came, not bothering to say goodbye or look back to see what sort of fit Aurelia would twist into next.  The attitude of the mare was exhausting, and frankly, Taivas did not have the patience to deal with such a purposefully difficult mare.  Besides, she was quite tired from speaking so much in such a small time frame.  The mare rarely used so many words in one day before.
So seize the day 'Cause you have come so far
Watched a million frowns turn into smiles
Lost all track of time Felt the energy of a million stars
You'll feel love again after the rain
Taivas

[ ooc - Taivas is out, rather abruptly.  LOL ]

Messages In This Thread
Under the Sea - by Aurelia - 12-27-2017, 07:53 PM
RE: Under the Sea - by Taivas - 12-27-2017, 08:28 PM
RE: Under the Sea - by Aurelia - 12-27-2017, 11:30 PM
RE: Under the Sea - by Taivas - 12-28-2017, 06:13 AM
RE: Under the Sea - by Aurelia - 12-28-2017, 08:12 AM