This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Gift of God
Open Floating Key  Birthing Thread for Aei'ith
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
He watched the little foal try to stand. Her struggles brought another smile that softened his rugged features, adding to his handsomeness. it wasn't often the stallion smiled, yet he had found himself doing it around this mother and her child. Yes, he was indeed going soft. he decided. But he didn't mind at the moment. There was something captivating about the sight of a newly birthed foal trying to stand. She'd test out her own legs and fail many times before the day was through, but her persistence was pure and beautiful. The core of every being upon this planet as they took their fist steps upon it. He watched her for a moment longer before Aurelia's voice drew his gaze. She thanked him. He snorted, not in his usual irritated manner but instead amused. "I did nothing but stand around on a beach, while you did the work." He said, brushing aside her thanks with surprising humbleness. he never cared to be thanked or praised for something anyone could do. There wasn't anything special in his actions. It was what anyone with a spec of kindness would do.

He looked out into the jungle, scanning for any threats that may have appeared before glancing back at the filly. She had discovered her wings and look absolutely adorable and confused about the strange appendages. He gave a deep chuckle. The rich sound carried over the crystal pool, meshing with the sound of the falls. His sides stilled and his face became stoic once more, the tender softness that had entered his features fading as his usual defenses re-erected themselves. Aurelia soon mumbles that she has not chosen a name. Her were barely audible over the sound of the falls. But he heard them. "My herd would not name their young until they proved themselves in a series of trials, at he age of two. Until then you were an Unnamed." He offered a closely guarded part of himself, his past. Only the strong deserved a name, the weak were not worthy. His youngest sister had been unable to participate in the trials, as such, she had never been given an official name. But that had not stopped Watcher from naming her. It was a blasphemous, rebellious act and he had would have been sorely punished had anyone found out. But he hadn't cared. It had been their little secret. A secret she took to the grave.

But this tradition of naming was not shared by most horses, as such it seem Aurelia was in need of a name. Looking out over the clear waters the unicorn thought. "Aei'ith." he offered. Other than his sister's names it was the only one he knew. He wasn't ready to give up his youngest sibling's name, and he was not about to suggest the name of his living sister, so Aei'ith was his only option. He didn't expect Aurelia to accept the name. Naming a child was a sacred honor, one a mother have the right to. It was a right his father had taken from the mothers of his old herd. He wasn't about to impose his own name upon Aurelia like his father had done many times before. he wouldn't be offended if she told him no. Perhaps the suggestion would help get her creative juices flowing and she would find a suitable name for the pretty little filly.
talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D

Messages In This Thread
Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 08:44 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 10:10 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 11:15 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-25-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-25-2017, 01:17 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-25-2017, 01:57 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-25-2017, 04:28 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-25-2017, 06:28 AM