This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Gift of God
Open Floating Key  Birthing Thread for Aei'ith
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
When he was sure that she was settled in the sand, the stallion turned away. he had seen birth before, but it was for his own mother. Someone he knew and loved. This mare was a stranger, he had no right to be in her presence at such an intimate moment. But he was here. That was life. So he turned his back to her, head up ears alert as he scanned the world beyond. He would be her wall. A shield against anything that may try to harm the mare and the child entering this world. He remained calm as he listened to the mare's labored breathing as the fought to bring life into the world. But he did not look back, did not intrude any more than needed.

When her words reached him he answered in his normal manner. "Once. At the birth of my youngest sister." But unlike normal a softness entered his tone at the mention of his beloved sibling. At the mention of helping though he smiled, shooting a quick glance back. His last sight of his unwanted guest until this whole thing ended. "You mares seem to need little help. You rarely do in most matters." Funny, he mused quietly, this was the most he had spoken with another being in a long while. He must be growing soft.

He remained quiet throughout the endeavor, keeping watch as a miracle happened behind his back. Despite her groans and labors he did not detect anything that made him worry. Nothing seemed amiss. So he trusted that Aurelia was doing fine. She was doing her job, he would do his. He was a useless healer and he hoped there would be no need for one. He could guard against beasts, he couldn't help save her or her foal if something went wrong on her end. He'd be a sorry guard if those he was protecting died because of his inadequacies. He couldn't have that happen, again. Time seemed to tick by agonizingly slow. Each second stretching out into a painful minute. Until finally the noises behind him ceased, replaced by the words of a proud mother. He turned to look at the little life that lay beside Aurelia, taking in her beauty with a quiet demeanor. A softness seemed to settle over the stallion's countenance as he watched mother and child. Her returned her goofy grin with a small smile of his own. "It seems you are." He replied.

The foal seemed healthy, despite all that her and her mother had gone through. That was a relief. He remembered the last time he had seen a foal so young. How weak and frail she had been even at that tender age. How their mother fought to protect her when their father sought to take his newborn sister's life before it had truly begun. All because she was too weak, to frail, too perfect. She had become the light of his world. A tender flower. An angel with a heart of gold. She had been his treasure, and now she was gone. Yet here he was, still here. Alive and well, with a heart that had lost its love. Witnessing another girl entering this world, taking her first breaths. How cruel life could be. It should have been his sister here, not him. If only he had been able to save her.

talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 08:44 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 10:10 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 10:39 PM