This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Gift of God
Open Floating Key  Birthing Thread for Aei'ith
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
he thought that she would not follow him when she said that she was scared to enter the jungle. That thought was proven wrong when he heard to pushing through the foliage behind him. Was she really so determined to stick with him? After he had offended her and barely acknowledged her existence? Though she was completely different from K'yarie, she was so much like her. Both refused to leave him be. But unlike K'yarie, this one had shown weakness. She had admitted to being afraid of this jungle. Yet she chose to follow him. The stoic unicorn slowed his pace until he walked beside the spirited woman, offering his presence as comfort. They walked in silence while he followed familiar landmarks that would lead them to water.

His head lifted in a thoughtful manner when she asked him yet another question. "Too often to count." He responded. Their hoof beats soon filled the air as he let silent fall between them once more. He watched her from the corner of his eye, for the first time noting the way he belly was swollen. Ah, that was why she was all over the place. He motioned towards her belly. "How far along are you?" If she was close to giving birth than things could get complicated. There were not many suitable shelters in this area for a birthing mother. Pushing his way through a thick patch of brush he paused, holding the branches and vines aside until the mare walked through.

He was becoming more resigned to the fact that she would be following him for the day. He'd wait a moment to see if she would accept his gesture and walk through before continuing on. Emerging on a small game trail the stallion pressed on. His ears never stopped moving, his eyes always on the look out. Despite the island seeming rather peaceful, there were dangers lurking within the shadows.

It would not be long before paused again, this time before a fork in the trail. The right path was the shortest route to his destination, but it was rocky and step. He took the smoother path to the left, mindful of his unwanted companion. He was not happy that she had followed him into the forest, but he was not so heartless to tempt a pregnant mare down a dangerous path just to get her off of his back. He wouldn't even put K'yarie in that sort of situation. No matter how much she annoyed him. Maybe if they were a stallion, but never a mare. he remained quietly attentive of the mare, though he did not show this.

Other than the obvious moment when he held the brush back for her, his subtle, but thoughtful actions were harder to recognize as they moved on. Switching of the path, slowing his pace when a the ground was particularly rough so as to remain beside her. An ear ever so slightly angled her way when he was not watching her out of the corner of his eye. Those unfamiliar with the key's jungle tended to struggle as they traveled through it. he did not hide the fact that he didn't care to have her following him. That wasn't going to change. But now that she was here, he wasn't about to abandon the mare in the middle of an unfamiliar place. This was one of the many times when his kindness clashed him his desire to be left alone.

talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com

(I think he might be feeling bad for making her upset. Or he just doesn't want her going into labor in front of him. xD)

Messages In This Thread
Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 08:44 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 10:10 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-24-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-24-2017, 11:15 PM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-25-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-25-2017, 01:17 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-25-2017, 01:57 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Ruwin - 12-25-2017, 04:28 AM
RE: Gift of God - by Aurelia - 12-25-2017, 06:28 AM