This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Petrichor
Open Halyven 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta

R I X E N

Her lips pursed at my question but no words came out, like she had so much to say and nothing at the same time. I concluded that whoever or whatever Kisamoa was, he must be a vastly complex and important character. I didn't mind if she took a moment to formulate her answer, so I waited patiently for her response. 

Instead of answering, Otem craned her neck and tugged back a chunk of mane to reveal a delicate, leaf-shaped charm that had been hanging around her neck. I hadn't taken notice to it before. She lifted the trinket to her lips with her wing. Then she started speaking to it. She asked it to describe Kisamoa to me as I looked on in wonder. A voice boomed around us that sent chills of awe and surprise running down my spine. Rather than the gentle, sweet voice one might expect, if a reply from a charm hanging around the neck were to be expected, the words were harsh, chiding. But no sooner had an expression of humiliation crossed Otem's features than the tone of the surrounding voice lost all elements of its anger. 

I listened intently as my question was answered, absorbing what the charm told me with childlike fascination. I silently agreed that from what I had seen thus far, from the shadowy, sunless forests down to each pallid flower, this place could use some healing. I was pleased that the voice provided me with a better understanding and I very much appreciated the straightforwardness that came to follow a biting introduction. There was likely far more detail to the story, but I decided the understanding I had would suffice for now. The rest would come with time.

I chose not to comment on the charm's change in temperament because I did not want to add to the mahogany woman's discomfort. Instead, I reassured her that I understood what had been said. "It does." I spoke thoughtfully, pausing to look up at the sky beyond the walls. By now the clouds had curled back to reveal the sun, and the rain was reduced to a gentle, rhythmic dripping. The orb glowed with a whitish light at my shoulder, moving in small circles now as if it too were glad that the cold wind had died down. In addition to Otem's company, I suspected that the little bit of sunshine contributed to my cheerier mood. "Pleased to make your acquaintance." I made sure to acknowledge the owl in my response, pivoting to look directly at the bird atop Otem's shoulders, "And yours, too." My response was genuine. 

"If there is any way that I can help this land to heal, I'd like to offer my abilities. I have no purpose elsewhere." Perhaps I possessed some skill that might be useful. If I was going to live in the Rift, I felt it was my duty to contribute to its repair. I was not nearly as talented as I hoped to be, but then again, it was better than nothing, and I could certainly learn.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
Petrichor - by Rixen - 12-21-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Rixen - 12-21-2017, 08:42 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Rixen - 12-21-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: Petrichor - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 09:54 PM